Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast
    BANNED

Claremont is an old man and also not in touch with current politics or business or culture. Just because he says something does not make it right. He doesn’t own these characters, either.

In today's Excalibur #25, Tini Howard (via Marcus To) seemed to really be driving in the point that Kwannon and Greycrow are a happy item now...

Betsy and kwannon should date

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    In today's Excalibur #25, Tini Howard (via Marcus To) seemed to really be driving in the point that Kwannon and Greycrow are a happy item now...

kinda feel weird to see Greycrow wearing what seems like a Pollo shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I’m down if she’s down.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    kinda feel weird to see Greycrow wearing what seems like a Pollo shirt.
    To tends to draw everyone cutesy and smiley and with “pretty” clothes and stuff. Just his way haha.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post

Thanks for the scans. Like seeing Betts and Kwannon together... sort of.

Wouldn't that be awkward? They have been each other so long.

Last edited by From The Shadows; 11-11-2021 at 07:50 PM.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

I like how Kwannon looks so cutesy with Greycrown and then sees Betsy and gives her the side eye.

Incredible Member

I wonder if Matsuo Tsurayaba will be brought back. Since he was a cyborg, it should be pretty easy to resurrect him given that Donald Pierce keeps coming back. Plus, Mariko isn't even dead anymore so his biggest sin is erased. I've always loved those flashbacks in X-Men Vol 2 31-32 that showed just how much he and Kwannon actually loved each other (which makes what he did to Betsy a more complicated situation and not just bad guy does evil thing), plus that scene where he dies in the Psylocke miniseries and is reunited with Kwannon's soul in Heaven is really well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    I wonder if Matsuo Tsurayaba will be brought back. Since he was a cyborg, it should be pretty easy to resurrect him given that Donald Pierce keeps coming back. Plus, Mariko isn't even dead anymore so his biggest sin is erased. I've always loved those flashbacks in X-Men Vol 2 31-32 that showed just how much he and Kwannon actually loved each other (which makes what he did to Betsy a more complicated situation and not just bad guy does evil thing), plus that scene where he dies in the Psylocke miniseries and is reunited with Kwannon's soul in Heaven is really well done.
    I agree with what others have said on this thread. The writers have completely ignored Revanche. I’d love to see Matsuo again too, but I’m certainly north holding my breath.

On a side note, I’ve been a Betsy fan for many years, but I believe Kwannon is slowly surpassing Betsy in popularity. The way she’s been handled these last couple of years have been amazing. I love this batch……the way the writers have handled Betsy..eh. Ok but not great.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    I agree with what others have said on this thread. The writers have completely ignored Revanche. I’d love to see Matsuo again too, but I’m certainly north holding my breath.
    I mean, I'm sure all it'd take is somebody incessantly tweeting at Kwannon's next writer about Matsuo. I just hope that when he is remembered and if he is brought back, it isn't like Ivan Petrovich or Mad Dog - a former ally or lover turned into somebody hating her for some reason. Especially because Matsuo and her were genuinely in love and what he did to Psylocke (due to Niciesza forgetting to read an issue) being retconned into him acting out of grief and not sense.

I mean, all throughout the Krakoan era, Kwannon has been shown to be a deeply upset person with the loss of her daughter and what happened to her with Betsy causing her identity to be her not really having one and having to claim it. I can't think of a moment where she's been genuinely happy. Hell, even after she rejoined the X-Men when she murdered Joseph she was still just a lost person. Then the few issues in which we knew her as Revanche while she had Betsy's body, she was a broken person. Only in this flashback with Matsuo did we ever see her happy (and even then it's clouded with sadness because of what they know comes next):

Plus, the last thing Matsuo saw before he died was Kwannon (although it seems I misinterpreted the scene before):

I do like Greycrow and I don't doubt that he could genuinely love Kwannon, but he's not a man with any honour - has he even tried to make amends for what he did to the Morlocks? Or any of the other stuff that he did under Mr. Sinister's service? Matsuo was an assassin, the Jonin of the Hand (until Gorgon ascended, it seems), but he was still an honourable man. The only real bit of dishonour he did was letting his grief cause him to try and mold Betsy into Kwannon due to their merger and killing Mariko.

I guess I'm a sucker for characters getting their happy endings, but if Matsuo was the only person we've ever seen Kwannon be happy with and actually love, then I think bringing him back for her is the best thing they could do unless they want her to remain static as a grief filled angry mourning mom (since unfortunately I think her daughter is dead for good). Then again, if Matsuo is the father of her daughter - maybe they both come back. That said, I do hope that her time in Marauders Vol 2 is good and she doesn't fade into the background like Bishop did.
    Last edited by Drexelhand; 11-12-2021 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Thanks for the scans. Like seeing Betts and Kwannon together... sort of.

Wouldn't that be awkward? They have been each other so long.

The best relationships start of awkward. Scott and Jean were super awkward with each other when they first started

Incredible Member

The best relationships start of awkward. Scott and Jean were super awkward with each other when they first started
    This wouldn't be like that. This would be as if Emma Frost and Storm started dating.

Better to bring back Matsuo and give him a redemption arc.

hopefully she plays a larger role in the xmen series....as part of that blue/gold era

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Not long after Betts got Kwannons body in the merging. She and Betts be kicking ass.