Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

I would've preferred Kwannon take a different codename, or at least for us to have been given some insight into what led her to keep the name. Even if it was just her idea of ingratiating and/or disarming the people who are used to seeing her and thinking "Psylocke." With that said, I am excited to see the character's continued use and growth in the books; she's been one of the breakout stars of the Hickman/Krakoan era so far. I would like to see more interaction between her and Betsy as well.

BANNED

I liked her cameo in X-Men Origins: Wolverine (as young child in 1983) and X-Men: The Last Stand (as Omega in 2000).
    As proved by "Apocalypse", the Asian character in the first two movies mentioned was Kwannon, and her power was shadow teleportation.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    I liked her cameo in X-Men Origins: Wolverine (as young child in 1983) and X-Men: The Last Stand (as Omega in 2000).
    As proved by "Apocalypse", the Asian character in the first two movies mentioned was Kwannon, and her power was shadow teleportation.
    Apocalypse didnt prove anything. That franchise is full of so many inconsistencies and contradictions that its best not to think about it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Apocalypse didnt prove anything. That franchise is full of so many inconsistencies and contradictions that its best not to think about it
    The franchise was brilliant.
    "Apocalypse" established that Olivia Munn was Psylocke. That's undeniable. On the other hand, we had Kwannon on "The Last Stand".

Naaahhh. I explained/fixed all the few inconsistencies. Star Wars has much more problems LOL.
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 10-10-2021 at 04:35 PM.

Those movies are garbage. Hopefully we'll get accurate representations of Kwannon and Betsy both when the MCU gets around to the mutants.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Those movies are garbage. Hopefully we'll get accurate representations of Kwannon and Betsy both when the MCU gets around to the mutants.
    Your opinion. The movies are great. Millions of viewers, not even fans of comic books, disagree with you.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Comicbook Kwannon/Psylocke is all that matters. She's awesome in Hellions and I hope that will continue in Marauders.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The franchise was brilliant.
    "Apocalypse" established that Olivia Munn was Psylocke. That's undeniable. On the other hand, we had Kwannon on "The Last Stand".

Naaahhh. I explained/fixed all the few inconsistencies. Star Wars has much more problems LOL.
    You didnt fix anything unless you worked on them. As it stands, Fox released several films which contradict each other and left it up to the fans to try to make sense of the continuity. Apocalyps didnt confirm anything. The character in TLS was never stated to be Kwannon and thats all head canon, not any actual fact

Olivia Munn was definetely under the impression she was playing Betsy (I say because I see a lot of people headcanon-ing her as Kwannon). She talked about it on interviews. But there's no reason to assume the other Psylocke cameo wasn't Betsy too. Characters were recast and retconned in ways that didn't match continuity many times.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Olivia Munn was definetely under the impression she was playing Betsy (I say because I see a lot of people headcanon-ing her as Kwannon). She talked about it on interviews. But there's no reason to assume the other Psylocke cameo wasn't Betsy too. Characters were recast and retconned in ways that didn't match continuity many times.
    The TLS/Origins girl was Asian, with purple hair. She was Kwannon. The credits of the movie were obviously wrong.
    In TLS, she wasn't even referred by name on-screen, and credits don't count.
    Fixed!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    This is exactly how I feel.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp. The past movies were dumpster fires and the future movie prospects are too far away for me to care about them either way (will divest thought and energy when the time comes to cross that bridge)
    I'm all about the X-characters in the comic books in the here and now.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yupp. The past movies were dumpster fires and the future movie prospects are too far away for me to care about them either way (will divest thought and energy when the time comes to cross that bridge)
    I'm all about the X-characters in the comic books in the here and now.
    Obviously X-Men projects are in development. Pretty sure you’ll be interested when details start coming out. Phase 5 starts in after 2022 ends. We should hear news next year.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Obviously X-Men projects are in development. Pretty sure you’ll be interested when details start coming out. Phase 5 starts in after 2022 ends. We should hear news next year.
    Prepare for X-Men cracking lame jokes, repeating one-liners ad libitum, and being Iron Man's sidekicks LOL. Material for kid merchandising...

No thanks, FOX X-MEN movies were for sci-fi lovers and an adult audience.

The TLS/Origins girl was Asian, with purple hair. She was Kwannon. The credits of the movie were obviously wrong.
    In TLS, she wasn't even referred by name on-screen, and credits don't count.
    Fixed!
    She wasn't referred to by name in Apocalypse either. And Olivia Munn is half-asian. Your headcanon makes sense, but I doubt that was the intention. It hardly matters anyway.