Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Love the pose and look on her face. This is the one in Spanish(?).

Last edited by From The Shadows; 11-16-2021 at 05:59 PM.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

^ ^ ^

French.

But yes, great panel! I love that shade of purple for her hair. Few things used to upset me more than when a colorist would swap her hair and costume...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Well im glad they have kept purple hair for Betsy and settled on black for Kwannon. Thats fairly consistent and was a good choice

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Well im glad they have kept purple hair for Betsy and settled on black for Kwannon. Thats fairly consistent and was a good choice
    Yeah, the current styles are just fine and I'm happy with them. I was referring to pre-separation. Claremont's 3rd Uncanny run ("Reloaded" era), Exiles, New Exiles... those books in particular seemed to often get the coloring switched (black/navy blue hair with purple costume).

Maybe it didn't happen as often as I think, but when it did I found it super annoying.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Yeah, the current styles are just fine and I'm happy with them. I was referring to pre-separation. Claremont's 3rd Uncanny run ("Reloaded" era), Exiles, New Exiles... those books in particular seemed to often get the coloring switched (black/navy blue hair with purple costume).

Maybe it didn't happen as often as I think, but when it did I found it super annoying.
    It did and my head canon was that Betsy still dyed her hair and when it was black, was when it was time for her to do it again

Gahd i hated when they made it blue but I saw that they did that in the 90s as well. I think in Psy War as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Gahd i hated when they made it blue but I saw that they did that in the 90s as well. I think in Psy War as well.
    Yep, the cover to X-Men #77. It was just lazy. Considering purple hair was her signature look forever, that stuff should stick out like a sore thumb to artists/editors.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I kinda like this armor costume.

BANNED

It did and my head canon was that Betsy still dyed her hair and when it was black, was when it was time for her to do it again
    Kwannon's black hair makes since that was her natural hair color... But, Betsy's natural hair color is blonde, not black or purple.
    Last edited by Micabe; 11-18-2021 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Link(s) added.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Kwannon's black hair makes since that was her natural hair color... But, Betsy's natural hair color is blonde, not black or purple.
    Not in her Asian body which is what I was referring to

Incredible Member

Anyone wonder if Kwannon will try to get pregnant after the events of Hellions? Having a daughter for her wasn't about the actual kid (how could it be - the girl was taken from her at birth - as the Mastermind illusion highlighted, she didn't even know her name), but something she saw as a potential redemption arc of sorts. With that one dead, might she "try again"?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    Anyone wonder if Kwannon will try to get pregnant after the events of Hellions? Having a daughter for her wasn't about the actual kid (how could it be - the girl was taken from her at birth - as the Mastermind illusion highlighted, she didn't even know her name), but something she saw as a potential redemption arc of sorts. With that one dead, might she "try again"?
    I’m of a torn mind. 1) yes, I’d like to see her character growth that comes with being a parent, but 2) parents are rarely developed well in the comic book universes. The kids are often either used as fodder, 3) used to stagnate growth because the creative team isn’t sure how to portray the characters with children, or 4) are sent into the future/artificially aged, or remain a toddler for decades.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m of a torn mind. 1) yes, I’d like to see her character growth that comes with being a parent, but 2) parents are rarely developed well in the comic book universes. The kids are often either used as fodder, 3) used to stagnate growth because the creative team isn’t sure how to portray the characters with children, or 4) are sent into the future/artificially aged, or remain a toddler for decades.
    I think her story is only just beginning, so it’s too soon to bring new kids into the picture.