Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

My problem with Kwannon maybe not the most popular one, but for me Psylocke IS betsy. That´s the problem. They seem to ignore the Revanche thing. And mostly her death, and the factr that she was using Betsy´s body. Ok. So when James brought her back it came with a part of kwannon. That could be establish (ignoring Betsy´s memory). The butterfly has an role in japanese folklore. Kwannon could use the same power (after all they whant keep the iconic "Psylocke"), but not taking Betsy´s signature away. But Kwannon it self taking the name, the powers and ignoring the revanche thing is inexplicable. How I said butterflys had a significance in japanese including about death, as for example the white butterfly of Takahama.[
    She should use the name revanche or maybe chou (Chō), with is butterfly in japanese. Could tranform the character in something.. And not simply ignore the revanche thing (this thing is too messy to be ignored in a bad way).

Quote Originally Posted by psycho_mbb View Post
    My problem with Kwannon maybe not the most popular one, but for me Psylocke IS betsy. That´s the problem. They seem to ignore the Revanche thing. And mostly her death, and the factr that she was using Betsy´s body. Ok. So when James brought her back it came with a part of kwannon. That could be establish (ignoring Betsy´s memory). The butterfly has an role in japanese folklore. Kwannon could use the same power (after all they whant keep the iconic "Psylocke"), but not taking Betsy´s signature away. But Kwannon it self taking the name, the powers and ignoring the revanche thing is inexplicable. How I said butterflys had a significance in japanese including about death, as for example the white butterfly of Takahama.[
    She should use the name revanche or maybe chou (Chō), with is butterfly in japanese. Could tranform the character in something.. And not simply ignore the revanche thing (this thing is too messy to be ignored in a bad way).
    Yeah, despite:
    - Never having wore Betsy's specific Hand/Psylocke costume
    - Never having the Betsy's butterfly signature

Marvel wants to keep selling the Psylocke-Betsy-Ninja brand with Kwannon but forgetting Psylocke IS Betsy cause she was also Psylocke before her ninjafication.
    I'm cool with the butterfly is being used metaphorically for Kwannon since it's related to her Japanese culture. But powerwise, the butterfly sig is essential to Betsy and it could also be related to her Otherword heritage (fairies and all).

It seems, Marvel is slowly finding Kwannon's identity and bulding her own version of Psylocke. They've stopped using the butterfly sig for her and colored her hair consistently black recently.

Id be more interested in Kwannon if she has her own identity and not heavily depending on what Betsy has build for the Psylocke brand.

So far she's been written pretty interesting in Hellion (especially the plot with Sinister), but the premise of the X-Men/Mutant community trusting her for supervising the "wild card" members of the community still doesn't bode well with me. She's supposed to be one of the wild cards, the unknown. The X-Men/Krakoan should've not trusted her that well. Again, it feels like she's being used as if Betsy-Psylocke would've and once had (Utopia's head of security/supervising Magneto).

Her role in Rosenberg's UXM made more sense. She's a ruthless assassin, feels like one of the strangers in the X-Men community and speaks mostly japanese.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yes. Kwannon only existed for about a year in the 90s and was only written by Nicieza. She appeared in the Avengers Bloodties crossover but I dont think she had any lines. After she dies, she doesnt appear again until 2019 and has only been written by Rosenberg in Uncanny X-men, Hill in Fallen Angels and now Wells in hellions
    She appeared in the Thanksgiving issue of Uncanny, where Jean proposed to Scott.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    She appeared in the Thanksgiving issue of Uncanny, where Jean proposed to Scott.
    Thanks. She only appears in 3 panels and says one line though. That doesnt do anything to help define her

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    Yeah, despite:
    - Never having wore Betsy's specific Hand/Psylocke costume
    - Never having the Betsy's butterfly signature

Marvel wants to keep selling the Psylocke-Betsy-Ninja brand with Kwannon but forgetting Psylocke IS Betsy cause she was also Psylocke before her ninjafication.
    I'm cool with the butterfly is being used metaphorically for Kwannon since it's related to her Japanese culture. But powerwise, the butterfly sig is essential to Betsy and it could also be related to her Otherword heritage (fairies and all).

It seems, Marvel is slowly finding Kwannon's identity and bulding her own version of Psylocke. They've stopped using the butterfly sig for her and colored her hair consistently black recently.

Id be more interested in Kwannon if she has her own identity and not heavily depending on what Betsy has build for the Psylocke brand.

So far she's been written pretty interesting in Hellion (especially the plot with Sinister), but the premise of the X-Men/Mutant community trusting her for supervising the "wild card" members of the community still doesn't bode well with me. She's supposed to be one of the wild cards, the unknown. The X-Men/Krakoan should've not trusted her that well. Again, it feels like she's being used as if Betsy-Psylocke would've and once had (Utopia's head of security/supervising Magneto).

Her role in Rosenberg's UXM made more sense. She's a ruthless assassin, feels like one of the strangers in the X-Men community and speaks mostly japanese.
    Kwannon is essentiatly a legacy character , every legacy starts off familiar to a brand then slowly gets their own things.

Besty/Kwannon who wore it better cool down. betsykwannon.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

It seems like Marvel are kinda getting over their head for Demon Days X-Men. They are already pasting it's previews on various comics.

I really loved demon days! It’s a very different Psylocke to what we’ve seen but it’s a lot more fun and it’s great to see her with her own corner of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Besty/Kwannon who wore it better cool down. betsykwannon.jpg
    Elektra. 10
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Where is she these days? She appearing in a book on a normal basis?
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Where is she these days? She appearing in a book on a normal basis?
    Unfortunately no.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Unfortunately no.
    Bummer. Because this feels like the PERFECT opportunity to work a story with her.

Her trying to get her life back together after all she's done.

Villains confusing her as the Betsy/Psylocke coming after her.

Especially while Betsy is getting developed as Captain Britain.

This seems like a perfect chance to show how these two are indeed different people.

Bummer. Because this feels like the PERFECT opportunity to work a story with her.

Her trying to get her life back together after all she's done.

Villains confusing her as the Betsy/Psylocke coming after her.

Especially while Betsy is getting developed as Captain Britain.

This seems like a perfect chance to show how these two are indeed different people.
    Wait do you mean Kwannon or Elektra? Because Kwannon is in Hellions and Wells is doing exactly what you are saying.

Well except people confusing Kwannon for Betsy but that book is full of people who don't have any real connection to Betsy so that makes sense. They just know Kwannon and that's probably healthier for her state of mind tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Wait do you mean Kwannon or Elektra? Because Kwannon is in Hellions and Wells is doing exactly what you are saying.

Well except people confusing Kwannon for Betsy but that book is full of people who don't have any real connection to Betsy so that makes sense. They just know Kwannon and that's probably healthier for her state of mind tbh.
    I had meant Kwannon! So she's in Hellions? I may need to pick up some issues with the credit I have at my local comic shop. I was picking up NEW MUTANTS but dropped that around issue 7 or 8.

I had meant Kwannon! So she's in Hellions? I may need to pick up some issues with the credit I have at my local comic shop. I was picking up NEW MUTANTS but dropped that around issue 7 or 8.
    Yes Kwannon is one of the main characters in Hellions and their field leader. I highly recommend it, Wells has a great sense of humor and action almost every issue.

She was briefly in Fallen Angels (2019) which explores a bit of her history but lots of people were not much of a fan of that short run.