Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Kwannon: Psylocke II / Revanche Appreciation 2021

New Year New Thread.

I like how much Kwannon is blossoming.

She has a great writer in Zeb Wells and artist with Stephen Segovia.

What would you like to see happen for her in 2021?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I would really like to see her in a new, distinctive costume. To further separate her from her shared past with Betsy and individualise her as her own character.
    Personally, I don't understand why she would still want to wear that costume.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Ultimate Member

Because Marvel wants to use that look for as long as they can to keep people interested in the character...

I'd like to see her in a new costume as well, it's time to move on.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I would really like to see her in a new, distinctive costume. To further separate her from her shared past with Betsy and individualise her as her own character.
    Personally, I don't understand why she would still want to wear that costume.
    yeah it doesnt make sense for her.

I hope she continues to be the bad ass she deserves to be in Hellions and also in other books.

I hope she put on some pants in a costume similar to some Betsy wore but embracing even more her Japanese origins.

I hope for some good moments between her and Betsy.

I hope she kicks Sinister's butt and get her daughter back.
    A picture would last longer darling...

I hope she continues to interact with other X-Men. Especially since they are so used to Betsy being in that body.

I want to see how the dynamics are changed now.

All-New Member

Was Kwannons first series Fallen Angels? And then she moved onto Hellions currently?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carmilla View Post
    Was Kwannons first series Fallen Angels? And then she moved onto Hellions currently?
    This. Though her name is Psylocke now and Kwannon was not her real name, either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I hope she continues to interact with other X-Men. Especially since they are so used to Betsy being in that body.

I want to see how the dynamics are changed now.
    That’s another reason she’s in that costume, story wise. The X-Men sometimes further she isn’t Betsy and there’s in story drama there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I'd like to see her in a new costume as well, it's time to move on.
    Her current costume is fine. I did like her Rosenberg era costume so if they switch her out of this outfit I’d say why not go back to the Rosenberg era)

She needs her own costume and her own codename. The costume, iconic though it may be, is unnecessarily sexualized and it makes no sense to throw her in it when they'd already moved Betsy away from it during her last few years in the body. Give us an in-story reason why she wants to call herself Psylocke. Does it represent growth in her relationship with Betsy? Does she want to use it to make the other X-Men more comfortable with her by playing on their familiarity with her body? Can we actually SEE that?

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Her current costume is fine. I did like her Rosenberg era costume so if they switch her out of this outfit I’d say why not go back to the Rosenberg era)
    It is fine but I want something unique to her. I don't want someone to squint and question whether or not if that's Betsy.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    She needs her own costume and her own codename. The costume, iconic though it may be, is unnecessarily sexualized and it makes no sense to throw her in it when they'd already moved Betsy away from it during her last few years in the body. Give us an in-story reason why she wants to call herself Psylocke. Does it represent growth in her relationship with Betsy? Does she want to use it to make the other X-Men more comfortable with her by playing on their familiarity with her body? Can we actually SEE that?
    Man you already know people would lose their mind if you tried to de sexualize her costume

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

In the grand scheme it's not any more sexualised than Storm's classic bikini or Tigra's two-piece...my main issue you with it is simply that it's dated and boring-AF.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!