Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I'm curious if they ever made a another Marvel vs Capcom, which now Disney owning Fox and the Mutants coming to the MCU, theres no excuse not to add the popular x-characters in the Marvel roster, Psylocke was a really popular character, often use with MvC2, being in X-men children of the Atom and Marvel super Heroes in a row. I curius if they bring Psylocke, which version they will use, Marvel might push them to use Kwannon and with her getting some good development lately thanks to Zeb Wells Hellion and being the focus of Peach Momoko Demon Days, i can see her being added. athough there will be addition to her moveset, like using a Katana or the new moves she desplayed since MVC2.
    Probably Kwannon, though Betsy as CB could have a fun moveset as well.

Unless they pull a MUA3 and decide Asian Betsy is still canon in their universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I'm curious if they ever made a another Marvel vs Capcom, which now Disney owning Fox and the Mutants coming to the MCU, theres no excuse not to add the popular x-characters in the Marvel roster, Psylocke was a really popular character, often use with MvC2, being in X-men children of the Atom and Marvel super Heroes in a row. I curius if they bring Psylocke, which version they will use, Marvel might push them to use Kwannon and with her getting some good development lately thanks to Zeb Wells Hellion and being the focus of Peach Momoko Demon Days, i can see her being added. athough there will be addition to her moveset, like using a Katana or the new moves she desplayed since MVC2.
    I love Marvel vs Capcom! It's a first time I've ever being introduced to Psylocke and I use her all the time in the game. I don't see it matter tho. The current Kwannon-Psylocke look exactly like the previous Betsy-Psylocke down to the power signature and costume. It's going to be just Psylocke.

Psylocke being Betsy Braddock rarely comes up when she is used in medium outside of comics. Psylocke will just be Psylocke and her backstory will be kept ambigious if she were in another fighter. You can decide if she's Betsy or Kwannon

I don't necessarily agree. You could tell it was Betsy very clearly because of the English accent in MvC and in X-Men Legends/MUA. Heck X-Men Next Dimension outright made Kwannon a separate character.

I'm not gonna think it's Kwannon if she sounds like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I don't necessarily agree. You could tell it was Betsy very clearly because of the English accent in MvC and in X-Men Legends/MUA. Heck X-Men Next Dimension outright made Kwannon a separate character.

I'm not gonna think it's Kwannon if she sounds like that.
    Kwannon wasnt in Next Dimension. That game had two versions of Psylocke, both of whom were Betsy Braddock

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Kwannon wasnt in Next Dimension. That game had two versions of Psylocke, both of whom were Betsy Braddock
    Ah you are right. The costume one of the Psylocke's wore was what Kwannon had right before she died (in Betsy's body) and thus me thinking it was meant to be her.

Ah you are right. The costume one of the Psylocke's wore was what Kwannon had right before she died (in Betsy's body) and thus me thinking it was meant to be her.
    No worries as that confused me even back then. Making one of them Kwannon/Revanche would have been the simpler and straight forward route to go since she was a different character than Psylocke/Betsy

I don't necessarily agree. You could tell it was Betsy very clearly because of the English accent in MvC and in X-Men Legends/MUA.
    If they want to keep it ambiguous they can say that Kwannon speaks with an English accent too. She did when she was introduced and it's possible she still does as of the things she picked up from Betsy.

This is why we desperately need a new x-men game

Curious, what voice do you all read Kwannon in?

I've been doing Ming-Na Wen ever since she got her identity back.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post

Maki Nomiya
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83
    No worries as that confused me even back then. Making one of them Kwannon/Revanche would have been the simpler and straight forward route to go since she was a different character than Psylocke/Betsy
    Yea I'm not sure why they didn't. Oh well, then Kwannon has 0 appearances in video games rip. as far as i know

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    If they want to keep it ambiguous they can say that Kwannon speaks with an English accent too. She did when she was introduced and it's possible she still does as of the things she picked up from Betsy.
    She did?

And IDK, I don't read Kwannon right now as speaking with a British accent, quite the opposite; I read her with a Japanese or SEA accent which is what i picture madripoor representing, though growing up with the Hand I don't doubt they might have worked to try and make any accent disappear when necessary for her assassin work. in case she needed to go undercover

Mighty Member

She probably spoke in an English accent when she first appeared because she thought she was Betsy

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post

Oh isn’t that funny, I also imagine Ming-Na Wen

Yea I'm not sure why they didn't. Oh well, then Kwannon has 0 appearances in video games rip. as far as i know

She did?

And IDK, I don't read Kwannon right now as speaking with a British accent, quite the opposite; I read her with a Japanese or SEA accent which is what i picture madripoor representing, though growing up with the Hand I don't doubt they might have worked to try and make any accent disappear when necessary for her assassin work. in case she needed to go undercover
    Kwannon definitely does not speak with a British accent now. When she returned, she couldnt even speak English and spoke exclusively Japanese in Rosenberg's run. Her English most likely has a Japanese accent