Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think given the premise of the book the only character that worked in it was kwannon and that was the problem. this wasn't a cast of fallen noobs despite there being many that could have used the shine and potentially improved the book so you had people who like laura seeing her coming off as inexperienced and the same with Nate while kwannon, the one who just got her body back is supposedly the one who is sure enough to get them through things. Overall it just didn't make sense. The art definitely didn't help, that is some of the worst art i think i have ever seen published. The tracing put Greg land to shame. I was reading my trade of Dawn the other day and when i got to the fallen angel pages it was even worse than i remembered. But he wrote one heck of a kwannon and i'm thankful for that too. There was a lot of doubt among people if she could stand with so little history of her own but here she is.
    Reading Fallen Angels to the end, it is evident that what Laura felt for Kwannon was not respect but something akin to pity. Kwannon was wrong. The problem is that the twist came too late for many, and the art, as you say, did not help at all.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flameworthy View Post
    I always see people hating on Fallen Angels but I actually enjoyed that series because it fleshed out Kwannon's backstory and helped get her to the point where she is today in Hellions (which I'm loving). Granted, I will admit that the other characters in that book were poorly written and the art was awful...
    I quite liked Fallen Angels as well, for the reasons you mention. Was the premise strong enough for an ongoing? No, and that may be part of the reason I liked it so much - it told a complete story and I was just fine with it ending at #6. I can't imagine what Hill might have had planned for those three characters (can't stand Kid Cable) beyond those 6 issues, but I'd read definitely read more of his take on Kwannon.

Why didn't anyone like the art? It may not have been a perfect fit for that story, but I didn't think it was bad. I've been a fan of Kudranski wince his Penguin mini at DC years ago. Very moody, and unlike anything else in the X-line.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Today's issue was golden as usual and Kwannon continues to be the most important hero on the team. Such great moments for her throughout. Hope to see more of her and Betsy together.
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 05-06-2021 at 07:18 AM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

Damn. She was a superstar this week.

Her dynamic with Sinister and Greycrow is interesting. I hope it moves forward.

I just love her, she’s skyrocketed to one of the most important xmen I reckon

This variant!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    This variant!
    that is so stunning! Love the hair

she has been pretty interesting I like following her story.

Just a little kwannon appreciation. This era has really done wonders for her.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I wish Betsy had the level of character development that Kwannon has. I’ve loved both since the Revanche days.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

^ ^ ^

As a kid, realizing how much more the colors popped from #30 to #31-32 is what made me start taking notice of creator credits beyond writer/artist.

These issues still look so good!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

I guess Kwannon lost her daughter after Havok blew up the lab. Don’t make deals with devils like Sinister, who had no intention of bringing her daughter back.

Sinister was just using the Hellions for the opportunity to create Chimeras. But he was defeated and his labs destroyed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I guess Kwannon lost her daughter after Havok blew up the lab. Don’t make deals with devils like Sinister, who had no intention of bringing her daughter back.

Sinister was just using the Hellions for the opportunity to create Chimeras. But he was defeated and his labs destroyed.
    To me it looks like Kwannon is going to have serious beef with Emma over this(assuming everything was obliterated)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    To me it looks like Kwannon is going to have serious beef with Emma over this(assuming everything was obliterated)
    The White Queen won’t care. She’s ethically in the right. She prevented Sinister from creating a huge threat to Krakoa.

Sinister had no intention if brining back Kwannon’s daughter. That was simply leverage to control her.