Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    In the grand scheme it's not any more sexualised than Storm's classic bikini or Tigra's two-piece...my main issue you with it is simply that it's dated and boring-AF.
    That too, it is really generic
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    She needs her own costume and her own codename. The costume, iconic though it may be, is unnecessarily sexualized and it makes no sense to throw her in it when they'd already moved Betsy away from it during her last few years in the body. Give us an in-story reason why she wants to call herself Psylocke. Does it represent growth in her relationship with Betsy? Does she want to use it to make the other X-Men more comfortable with her by playing on their familiarity with her body? Can we actually SEE that?
    Betsy and Kwannon are both on the cover of Excalibur 19. So hoefully we get an answer to why Kwannon uses the Psylocke code name there.
    Also hopefully some more answers as to how they view there relationship right now and going forward.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    It is fine but I want something unique to her. I don't want someone to squint and question whether or not if that's Betsy.
    That’s the whole point. Marvel is using the Psylocke 90s costume to achieve that affect for branding purposes. Realistically this is going to be her costume for a long time.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That does not make sense when other characters including Betsy have changed costumes many times over.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    That’s the whole point. Marvel is using the Psylocke 90s costume to achieve that affect for branding purposes. Realistically this is going to be her costume for a long time.
    This.
    Think the bottomline is the use of the costume is more for marketing, branding, familiarity, iconic purposes.
    On those calling for a change, I suspect any change would most likely be in line with a costume that has been used before e.g. Remender's X-Force costume.

I love this version of her classic costume:

psy.jpg
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

All-New Member

For excalibur 19. Is this the first time that they will be meeting? At least since the early 90s?

Ultimate Member

But is that the definite cover or just an alternate cover, and covers don't always portray what happens on the inside...

Quote Originally Posted by Carmilla View Post
    For excalibur 19. Is this the first time that they will be meeting? At least since the early 90s?
    They met briefly in Fallen Angels

I have to say I absolutely love Kwannon, maybe even more than Betsy. She’s fabulous and I can’t wait to see what happens with her

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

If only she would be given an original codename and costume, then I would be extremely happy. Currently my dear Kwannon is portrayed as a Psylocke rip-off
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I can understand the editors not changing her name for IP and other purposes but bloody hell...at least allow the woman to burn those rags with the totality of her psychic powers and some gasoline.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I can understand the editors not changing her name for IP and other purposes but bloody hell...at least allow the woman to burn those rags with the totality of her psychic powers and some gasoline.
    What does IP mean, exactly?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I have to say I absolutely love Kwannon, maybe even more than Betsy. She’s fabulous and I can’t wait to see what happens with her
    I agree & I was hesitant to say so. I didn't want to be the person who was so attached to the Asian body because that's where I jumped in, that I couldn't appreciate Betsy for being Betsy...but I find myself way more interested in Kwannon than Betsy. I still enjoy Betsy, but I lost interest in Excalibur but my interest in Hellions have just multiplied.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    What does IP mean, exactly?
    Intellectual Property.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    I agree & I was hesitant to say so. I didn't want to be the person who was so attached to the Asian body because that's where I jumped in, that I couldn't appreciate Betsy for being Betsy...but I find myself way more interested in Kwannon than Betsy. I still enjoy Betsy, but I lost interest in Excalibur but my interest in Hellions have just multiplied.

Intellectual Property.
    It also helps that Hellions was, IMHO, one of the funniest and well written of the Dawn of X series of books.