Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Prepare for X-Men cracking lame jokes, repeating one-liners ad libitum, and being Iron Man's sidekicks LOL. Material for kid merchandising...

No thanks, FOX X-MEN movies were for sci-fi lovers and an adult audience.
    Fox movies failed spectacularly……..

The public voted with their dollars. MCU movies do amazingly well at the box office.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You didnt fix anything unless you worked on them. As it stands, Fox released several films which contradict each other and left it up to the fans to try to make sense of the continuity. Apocalyps didnt confirm anything. The character in TLS was never stated to be Kwannon and thats all head canon, not any actual fact
    She won’t appear again so what’s the point? In both films Psylocke didn’t speak. Fox was horrible are character development, especially with female characters.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    She won’t appear again so what’s the point? In both films Psylocke didn’t speak. Fox was horrible are character development, especially with female characters.
    which is a quite generalizing statement and not really true. Sorry. Compared to other blockbuster movies there have been quite compelling female characters:

X1 had a great depiction of Rogue. X2 was great for Jean and Storm. First Class, Days of Future Past had a wonderful character arc for Mystique, Dark Phoenix was all about Jean.

Some fans ignore those characters because they are often not absolutely comic book accurate depictions (see Mystique in the new(er) trilogy). But that does not equal "horrible for female character development".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Fox movies failed spectacularly……..

The public voted with their dollars. MCU movies do amazingly well at the box office.
    LMAO delirious statement. The classic X-Men trilogy had a smashing and astonishing box office throughout the world, well before Iron Man & Co.
    Despite being serious, bleak and adult sci-fi/superhero movies aimed at a grown up audience, the X-Men movies managed to become hits.
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 10-12-2021 at 04:06 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    which is a quite generalizing statement and not really true. Sorry. Compared to other blockbuster movies there have been quite compelling female characters:

X1 had a great depiction of Rogue. X2 was great for Jean and Storm. First Class, Days of Future Past had a wonderful character arc for Mystique, Dark Phoenix was all about Jean.

Some fans ignore those characters because they are often not absolutely comic book accurate depictions (see Mystique in the new(er) trilogy). But that does not equal "horrible for female character development".
    Great post. TRUE 100%.

Jean Grey/Phoenix (5 movies) and Mystique (6 movies) had fantastic story-arc and character development in the franchise.
    Rogue was the lead in X1.
    Storm was a pivotal character in both X2 and X3.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

And here I thought I had entered the Kwannon appreciation thread. What happened?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    And here I thought I had entered the Kwannon appreciation thread. What happened?
    Seeing Psylocke and Angel working together in X-Men: Apocalypse gave me chills. Better? :-p

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Apparently someone here (and elsewhere) LOVES the FoX-Men movie so much they inundate every thread with posts about the movies regardless if it has anything to do with the character or the discussion...that's what happened.

anywho...LOVE this image!
    Kwannon 01.jpg
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Seeing Psylocke and Angel working together in X-Men: Apocalypse gave me chills. Better? :-p
    And they looked great. Beware, that wasn't Warren anyway.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Apparently someone here (and elsewhere) LOVES the FoX-Men movie so much they inundate every thread with posts about the movies regardless if it has anything to do with the character or the discussion...that's what happened.

anywho...LOVE this image!
    Kwannon 01.jpg
    We are talking about Movie Psylocke and Movie Kwannon, indeed. Characters. That's it.
    It's called "democracy" and "free of speech", sometimes it happens.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    The TLS/Origins girl was Asian, with purple hair. She was Kwannon. The credits of the movie were obviously wrong.
    In TLS, she wasn't even referred by name on-screen, and credits don't count.
    Fixed!
    The character was referred to as Psylocke. While she had purple hair which was associated with Kwannon from Ultimate X-Men (which the first 3 films drew heavy reference from), Betsy also regularly died her hair purple and had been doing so for years even before the body merge/swap. Also she was mostly utilizing Betsy's Crimson Dawn abilities to shadow teleport vs her telepathy. And given her prominence in the X-books and merchandise and video games, regardless if she was named or not this was Psylocke as Kwannon was long dead in the 616 comics.

I appreciate the work you are doing to make this fit your narrative, but to say the movie credits are wrong yet you are correct is wild dude. It was meant to Betsy in TLS. Just like Olivia Munn was playing Betsy in Apocalypse. No one even knew who Kwannon except for us diehards as she wasn't fleshed out. Retroactively trying to make this Kwannon isn't a thing. You can believe that after all is said and done it might feel more Kwannon than Betsy given the writing and character developments, but it won't ever be the case.

BANNED

Rogue twice
    Rogue got defeated twice by a seatbelt and had no action sequences or fighting abilities. Storm had no ability to physically fight into X-Men 3. She couldn’t fly or hurt lightening jolts from her hands until X-Men 3. Jean was defeated by Toad in X-Men 1, and her powers were nerfed until X-Men 3.

Rogue never permanently absorbed anyone.

Psylocke had no characterization, ditto Jubilee.

I hope Kwannon gets a new costume in Marauders.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    The character was referred to as Psylocke. While she had purple hair which was associated with Kwannon from Ultimate X-Men (which the first 3 films drew heavy reference from), Betsy also regularly died her hair purple and had been doing so for years even before the body merge/swap. Also she was mostly utilizing Betsy's Crimson Dawn abilities to shadow teleport vs her telepathy. And given her prominence in the X-books and merchandise and video games, regardless if she was named or not this was Psylocke as Kwannon was long dead in the 616 comics..
    Just a clarification, she didnt shadow teleport in TLS. She used her power once and it seemed to be invisibility, which isnt a power that Kwannon or Betsy had in the books

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    The character was referred to as Psylocke.
    You cannot hear the credits during the movie. She is never referred as such ON-SCREEN. She's an Asian mutant with purple hair and shadow teleportation powers. She's Kwannon. It doesn't matter what codename she adopted, Psylocke or Revanche or something else. She's Kwannon, while Olivia Munn is Betsy Braddock.
    It's not that big of deal. The movies are great, and we can have fun and fill the gaps by ourselves.

Also:

According to The Last Stand's scriptwriter Zak Penn, the character played by Melançon was not named as Psylocke in the original script. In a Q&A, he claimed, "There was some switching of character names later in production, and I'm not exactly sure how Psylocke got thrown into the mix." Meiling Melançon said, "There was discussion that she was Kwannon or possibly other characters too, but I can't comment on the final choice made. There were certain aspects of her that were true to Psylocke: the red tattoo from Crimson Dawn, and the purple hair - though it was obviously shorter. Outfit-wise - and this is my personal opinion only - if she was standing there in her usual skintight outfit - which I do find sexy and would have been so stoked to wear - it might not have matched the tone or what the other characters were wearing."
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 10-12-2021 at 12:22 PM.