I haven't been here for a very long time and it's funny that it is Kwannon that gets me to post here again. I'm not really interested in the overarching world/universe story. Im more in it for the character stories hence why I prefer solo titles but besides Black Widow there isn't currently much that tickles my fancy. I randomly stumbled upon Hellions though and well I guess I was very lucky with that because it has been a real treat. Basically everything about it is great but I don't think I have to tell you people that.

Now I will say a few things that might ruffle some feathers here but I will do it anyway.

I was never a fan of Betsy. Now Psylocke on the other hand I always appreciated because of Asian psychic ninja that kicks ass. Does that sound superficial? Well yes because it is. But here is the thing. You don't need to know everything about a character to be a fan. Do you think every Wolverine fan knows every single detail about him? Of course not but a fan is a fan. No matter what exactly they like the character for or how much they know about them.
That brings us back to Psylocke. I think we can agree that having a British woman in an Asian body was a bit iffy to say the least. Certainly a remnant from a time where everything had to be as edgy as possible. Now Marvel has to play the long game though. The mutants might join the MCU some day and Psylocke might be among them. Like I alluded to with my example at the beginning many casual Psylocke fans probably don't even know about the whole body swap business. This whole thing certainly wouldn't fly in the MCU though considering how much bigger and popular it is.

Now I have read through the entire thread before and I want to address something else I have seen here. That Kwannon should call her herself something else or dress differently. That misses the entire point why this was done.
As far as casual fans are concerned there is no difference between how it was before and how it is now. Psylocke is still the psychic ninja that they love her for. It's really people who know Betsy who have to cope with the new status Quo. That's a big and important difference.

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
Anyone wonder if Kwannon will try to get pregnant after the events of Hellions? Having a daughter for her wasn't about the actual kid (how could it be - the girl was taken from her at birth - as the Mastermind illusion highlighted, she didn't even know her name), but something she saw as a potential redemption arc of sorts. With that one dead, might she "try again"?
I don't think so. In her conversation with Cyclops she had an outburst of rage and is dead set on leaving. That's noteworthy moment considering how cool and level-headed she has been otherwise. Joining the Marauders makes sense because she gets to leave and can unleash her build-up rage on the unlucky fools who get in her way.
The only thing Im concerned about is that the few issues of Marauders that I have read really haven't captured me and I have gathered from some other readers that it's basically a solo book in disguise. That doesn't bode well for us who want to see the story of Kwannon continue but we have to take what we are given and hope for the best