Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Hello all. I am Kwannon. I am keeping this name and costume. They’re mine and I like them. They’re simple and uncomplicated and that is who I am.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    So why should Kwannon, who is Japanese automatically be a weak telepath with no tal? There are some problematic racial undertones here.

Particularly when plenty of people in Marvel have similar power sets.

Plus if she were to bust be written as a killer/ninja, that too would be stereotyping.

We see she has grown to care for her teammates. Obviously she care for her daughter. Fallen Angels and now the Hellions shows her journey in becoming a hero.
    oh my...just don't read more then it is to read in my post. She having lesser tp powers is just a suggestion to connect her more to the way she was pre-body swap. lord!

I love that Kwannon is here to stay and slay!
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 01-08-2021 at 12:17 PM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Incredible Member

Nobody is discussing x-men demmon days?

Based on the artwork, I kinda assumed that was Betsy. I know there's such a thing as artistic license, but if that character is supposed to be Kwannon, they missed the mark.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post
    Based on the artwork, I kinda assumed that was Betsy. I know there's such a thing as artistic license, but if that character is supposed to be Kwannon, they missed the mark.
    That’s intriguing because no one is talking about this in betsy’s thread or blog either

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Personally...I don't care for it, at all.

Not a fan of Manga and manga-esque art. Not a fan of Elseworlds stories.

So...huge, gigantic, enormous...meh.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

I'm going to read X-Men Demon Days. I'm usually don't care much for Elseworld type stories, but the artwork looks nice.
    I haven't read anything written or drawn by Peach Mamoko before though, so I'm not quite sure what to expect from this comic.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kwannon View Post
    Hello all. I am Kwannon. I am keeping this name and costume. They’re mine and I like them. They’re simple and uncomplicated and that is who I am.
    Well there ya have it, folks. The lady has spoken!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

This thread needs more pics...

SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    This thread needs more pics...

Yes. But in that issue I think the X-Men were kind of being jerks and people who themselves didn't always inspire trust should have gave her the chance right away :-p. I only give Jean a pass.

Since this is the the more Kwannon side of Psylocke this is acceptable art? After Kubert Lee and MAD should not be left out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    Thats how i feel as well. Reading Kwannon in Hellion is just like reading Betsy in her Psylocke days. Pretty much the same character with different story/plot. While Betsy in Excalibur feels like a new character in a familiar story/plot (otherworld-Braddock stuff)
    I disagree, psylocke betsy was an inheritly confused and broken mess who kept her love for adventure and heroism with a callous warrior core, capability AND love for war, she's a character that always strives to be a hero, however Is very much capable of whatever's necessary to win the day, may it be killing or deception, she will do it with cold precision, even if after she strugles with remorse/regret.
    She has a dry sense of humour and can be a bit messy, but passionate, an action junkie at her very center.

kwannon is a rugged but levelheaded eye of the storm character, who wasn't raised to be soft but manages it with surprising grace, whose experiences and demeanor seperate her from betsy completly, she's also pretty much shrouded in mystery with her character only getting focus recently so she's new! All the reasons why I like her.
    I can MAYBE see 80's betsy, but she was still way way more proactive, ambitious and mischiveous with clear love for adventuring, being a super hero and fighter, she was also very posh and fancy .

Betsy would have already tried to take sinister one on one and/or beheaded someone.

I sincerelly think you guys just like ninja aspects and darker books/stories, wich is completly fine, but kwannon isn't really like betsy and id like to see similar panels that aren't betsy being half influenced by kwannon OR the crimson dawn mark
    Last edited by Ferro; 01-09-2021 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I would really like to see her in a new, distinctive costume. To further separate her from her shared past with Betsy and individualise her as her own character.
    Personally, I don't understand why she would still want to wear that costume.
    As far in universe logic goes the outfit that she wears Hand Ninja gear, so functionally this a gi(formal martial art gear) for her. It never made sense for Betsy to wear the suit for so long but Kwannon this is kinda her comfort wear but we all know the out of universe component is probably what carries more weight.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 01-10-2021 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post

Since this is the the more Kwannon side of Psylocke this is acceptable art? After Kubert Lee and MAD should not be left out.

Where did you find this picture? Is it from a comic, or just a piece of art. I like it a lot.

It is nice to see Kwannon on the cover of Excalibur 20. She will apparently not be just a one and done issue guest star. It appears that there will be more of an actual story line between Kwannon and Betsy. Assuming that these are not alternate reality versions of the characters.

If Betsy gets her butterfly effect back, what should Kwannon's signature effect be? They already seem to be stripping the color purple from her.
    Personally, I love unique telepathic power signatures: Betsy's lilac butterfly, Jean's pink waves, Rachel hound marks and fiery display, Emma pale blue, the Cuckoo's white eyes.
    I would love for black eyes and a shadowy psy-knife effect. And when her telepathic powers affect others, their eyes would go black too.