Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Spiral there is like, "Yo dawg, I heard you like overcomplicated retcons that don't make any sense, so I retconned your retcon".

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    If Betsy gets her butterfly effect back, what should Kwannon's signature effect be? They already seem to be stripping the color purple from her.
    Personally, I love unique telepathic power signatures: Betsy's lilac butterfly, Jean's pink waves, Rachel hound marks and fiery display, Emma pale blue, the Cuckoo's white eyes.
    I would love for black eyes and a shadowy psy-knife effect. And when her telepathic powers affect others, their eyes would go black too.
    I dont think she really needs one. She's not as flashy as Betsy. She has TP but it isnt really her thing either (at least not in Hellions).

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Spiral there is like, "Yo dawg, I heard you like overcomplicated retcons that don't make any sense, so I retconned your retcon".
    I truly feel like Spiral should either have a story arc or retcon to make her a mutant

BANNED

If Betsy gets her butterfly effect back, what should Kwannon's signature effect be? They already seem to be stripping the color purple from her.
    Personally, I love unique telepathic power signatures: Betsy's lilac butterfly, Jean's pink waves, Rachel hound marks and fiery display, Emma pale blue, the Cuckoo's white eyes.
    I would love for black eyes and a shadowy psy-knife effect. And when her telepathic powers affect others, their eyes would go black too.
    Crimson dawn is a recognizable mark that historically was present in a time where betsy's personality was explictly being affected by hand magics.
    Red+purple creates crimson, it's a pretty perfect signature

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Excalibur 20 cover
    Excalibur 20 cov.jpg
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    It is nice to see Kwannon on the cover of Excalibur 20. She will apparently not be just a one and done issue guest star. It appears that there will be more of an actual story line between Kwannon and Betsy. Assuming that these are not alternate reality versions of the characters.
    I am beyond excited for the issues where they'll both be together...please, please be well written!

I hope Tini does both characters justice.

Black eyes for her use of telepathy would be fierce. I always thought maybe she could have red tp effects and psy knife.
    A picture would last longer darling...

BANNED

I like her current dark purple psychic knife with lightning like effect and black accents, it's very much what the 90's psylocke was and im fine with that, telekinesis can be on a lower level and focused on physical empowerement.

If I was to give kwannon some new tricks, the crimson mark and Hand Chi techniques empowered by her original empathic abilities.

I kind of love the idea of a cherry blossom type look. That always looks amazing and in movies like Hero.

By the way, this looks really amazing! Love Peach’s artwork and I can’t wait to pick it up!

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-demon-days-trailer/

I love the way Wells is handling her character -- how matter-of-fact and straight to business she is. Yet she's not afraid of showing concern. So she's not cold or distant. Some writers like to link matter-of-factness with coldness, especially with women.
    I just wish he's show some more downtime with the characters so we can see what her interests are outside of training.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I love the way Wells is handling her character -- how matter-of-fact and straight to business she is. Yet she's not afraid of showing concern. So she's not cold or distant. Some writers like to link matter-of-factness with coldness, especially with women.
    I just wish he's show some more downtime with the characters so we can see what her interests are outside of training.
    Yes.
    She is written with a very distinctive personality that seems very original to her as a "new" character.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

I really wanted to dislike her but she has quickly become one of my favorite all thanks to Hellions.

Mighty Member

Her and Greycrow reach out to each other when they’re “falling”. I’m down for this pairing as they both want to be someone better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I really wanted to dislike her but she has quickly become one of my favorite all thanks to Hellions.
    Why would you want to dislike her?

Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post
    Why would you want to dislike her?
    bc of the terrible way Marvel handled her return, stripping Betsy of everything that made her Psylocke and giving it to Kwannon. I dont want to go into all that again but Kwannon just seemed redundant at first and Rosenberg and later the FA writer didnt do a good job of characterizing her IMO. It took a while but several issues in and Zeb is doing wonders with her. She actually feels like a character and not a plot device to move the story along. The artist is helping with that too as she looks uniquely Kwannon despite the Betsy imagery which has inspired her look. Its hard to explain. I know part of it is bc I loved Psylocke and for all intents of purposes thats who Kwannon is now. Ive internally stopped fighting it and just accepted that. On the flipside, Betsy is unfortunately now boring to me

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    That’s intriguing because no one is talking about this in betsy’s thread or blog either
    I forgot where I posted it but I was confused too, is that Bets in the form of Kwannon, Kwannon the real deal, or a combination of both and I'm leaning towards it possibly being the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    bc of the terrible way Marvel handled her return, stripping Betsy of everything that made her Psylocke and giving it to Kwannon. I dont want to go into all that again but Kwannon just seemed redundant at first and Rosenberg and later the FA writer didnt do a good job of characterizing her IMO. It took a while but several issues in and Zeb is doing wonders with her. She actually feels like a character and not a plot device to move the story along. The artist is helping with that too as she looks uniquely Kwannon despite the Betsy imagery which has inspired her look. Its hard to explain. I know part of it is bc I loved Psylocke and for all intents of purposes thats who Kwannon is now. Ive internally stopped fighting it and just accepted that. On the flipside, Betsy is unfortunately now boring to me

I will say this, after awhile of reading Hellions I kinda stop doing that thing in my head of attaching her to Bets. When I read Psylocke now, I'm reading her as Kwannon whereas before she didn't feel like a real character imo. Even in Fallen Angels, I did not follow that series closely but the issue or two I did read, I was not a fan of how he was using her. Flashforward to Hellions, and Kwannon has honest to goodness become her own character and with her own personality. It's a testament to Wells, but as good as Hellion is and it is, I'm fascinated in how Psylocke will be used moving forward. Will she take on Bets former role among the X-men at large or will she remain a character who functions on the peripheral side of things and titles?

You just know some writer is going to come along and maybe re-tread stories that were originally with Bets but replace her with Kwannon, moreover where does it leave Bets place among the X-men proper?