Page 13 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

I think Betsy is most likely going to be white in the MCU. There’s a decent chance she could be racebent into another race, but I don’t see her being East Asian. I’m fine with any of these scenarios. Steel Inquisitor and crimsontt have brought up really great points in favor of her being East Asian/Eurasian, but I think a lot people would be reminded of the body swap/transformation and get offended anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Yeah at this point you can’t afford to not put Kwannon in. I wouldn’t mind some sort of “body swappish” (but not body swappish at the same time) story where Betsy passes on the name Psylocke to Kwannon. It covers them both being manipulated against their wills and has them bonded, but being separate fully realized characters. It could be Betsy as Psylocke is undercover, Kwannon is setup to believe Betsy is her enemy, manipulation hijinx occur, they turn around beat asses and Betsy gives Psylocke name to Kwannon and Betsy takes on another name..
    That’s a very interesting idea.
    Last edited by Psyknight; 01-25-2021 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I wish Marvel would bring Clay Mann back into the X-books, and draw Excalibur. To makes everyone look like a child.
    I would love that. Mann is one of my favorites. I would be happy with Dauterman or Coipel as well.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Damn I would love Clay Mann to draw Excalibur. I’m trying to get him to do my Captain Britain/Captain Avalon commission.

But he says he doesn’t do commissions anymore

He would make everyone looks so good. Especially Rogue, Gambit and Betsy

To’s art is not bad at all. It just not the style I like.

I’m more into a Clay Mann/Olivier Coipel/Jerome Opena/Russell Dauterman/Pepe Larraz style

He does make everyone look too kiddish imo. He’d be good on a young X-men book. Like New Mutants.

I also think he’s needs a better colorist.
    Last edited by CGAR; 01-25-2021 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

I’m more into a Clay Mann/Olivier Coipel/Jerome Opena/Russell Dauterman/Pepe Larraz style
    OMG Yes..yes..yes..yes..yes.

I'd love Mann or Opena to draw Excalibur, especially Opena. His characters don't necessarily the prettiest but their expressions and dynamics are excellent IMO.

And yeah.. I want this skilled martial-artist-telepathic-with-butterfly signature Betsy back. Captain Britain or not, those qualities should've stayed with Betsy.

Have you seen his art of Seven to Eternity?

I think he would have made Excalibur look epic.

She looks so good with the psyknife.

Attachment 105260
    Love it.

Damn I would love Clay Mann to draw Excalibur. I’m trying to get him to do my Captain Britain/Captain Avalon commission.

That would be so dreamy. ❤️

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    OMG Yes..yes..yes..yes..yes.

I'd love Mann or Opena to draw Excalibur, especially Opena. His characters don't necessarily the prettiest but their expressions and dynamics are excellent IMO.

And yeah.. I want this skilled martial-artist-telepathic-with-butterfly signature Betsy back. Captain Britain or not, those qualities should've stayed with Betsy.
    I agree with all of this so hard.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

To’s art is good, just not a good fit for this book. Everyone appears so young, and it’s just a tad too pedestrian for all of the fantasy elements that come along with this story.

I think To’s art is fine but he doesn’t do the best job and helping tell the story nor do his designs really help sell the grandeur of Otherworld/Avalon. The few action scenes we do have are quick and aren’t very exciting and all the guys (plus Jubilee) have similar faces/hair.

I think Tini/To could be fine individually but they don’t do each other any favors at enhancing each other.

To’s art is not bad at all. It just not the style I like.

He does make everyone look too kiddish imo. He’d be good on a young X-men book. Like New Mutants.

I also think he’s needs a better colorist.
    100 times this!

Those are my favorite artists too.

To is not bad at all but he doesn't help the universe of the book. IMO we needed more slick lines, specially now that we are going deep in Otherworld, I think things need to loos more serious, threatening and sensual.

Mighty Member

Waiting to see why tomorrow brings us. From the previews, Coven Akabba is back and what to know where Betsy is. This human dude walking around in a cape to talk to Wisdom at his office. Dear lord.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    100 times this!

Those are my favorite artists too.

To is not bad at all but he doesn't help the universe of the book. IMO we needed more slick lines, specially now that we are going deep in Otherworld, I think things need to loos more serious, threatening and sensual.
    We should be discussing the colorist. It does no favor to the mystical atmosphere of otherword. Rbsilva colorist was far superior in the x of swords tie in.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    We should be discussing the colorist. It does no favor to the mystical atmosphere of otherword. Rbsilva colorist was far superior in the x of swords tie in.
    Silva should have been the artist from the jump. His design for Bets is far superior to anyone else’s depiction.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Do I understand correctly that Betsy is now and evermore Captain Britain, and that she has completely yielded her right to use the Psylocke name to Kwannon? I realize writers can write whatever they want in the future to change that, but is that the understanding presently?

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Do I understand correctly that Betsy is now and evermore Captain Britain, and that she has completely yielded her right to use the Psylocke name to Kwannon? I realize writers can write whatever they want in the future to change that, but is that the understanding presently?
    No writer has addressed that yet. We may finally get some answers when Kwannon and Betsy actually talk, which presumably will happen in future issues of Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    You are right. But what bothers me about To are the human figures. Their faces are all too childish and similar.
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 01-27-2021 at 07:31 AM.