Page 75 of 110 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1644
    Ultimate Member

Though it could also be said that it's only happening because nobody else wanted her and that the team really doesn't have any direction or purpose so it's not that big of a deal, Betsy deserves better than this, and Wisdom would sleep with almost any X-lady so he's not exactly long term material for anyone save Kitty imho...

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Maybe Betsy could be the one to "hold him down"...who knows? All it would take is a writer interested in telling that story.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Ultimate Member

I doubt it, and that view of things could make any story possible no matter how crazy...and more than likely Excalibur doesn't have years left in its run....

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Did Excalibur get canceled and nobody told me? She's literally headlining a book and leading a team. That's more than can be said for a lot of other characters, what is Dazzler even doing right now?
    Dazzler's about to be a regular in Way of X. But otherwise agreed

Ultimate Member

Sadly to be fair remember that Catwoman headlined a movie...remember how that went...not saying that Betsy couldn't or shouldn't lead a team book but she couldn't do much worse than the current Excalibur...right...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I doubt it, and that view of things could make any story possible no matter how crazy...and more than likely Excalibur doesn't have years left in its run....
    Not if people continue to hate-read it.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Ultimate Member

Well unless something changes in the writing I don't expect the hate-read as you put it will stop anytime soon...

Finally got a chance to sit down and read this issue and I actually enjoyed a lot about it. I think it's so interesting how Betsy is spectacularly failing at being CB for the UK because she's never cared much about British politics so why would she now? I also loved how when she was going back and forth with Reuben she only kept bringing up being Captain protecting Otherworld and Avalon. The role of CB being the Queen's liaison to Otherworld is so far down her list. I'm keen to see how she wins the public opinion back or if she even cares at all. I feel like it's important to the council so she'll have to find a reason to. Betsy has always been vocal about enjoying being a mutant or fighting for the cause and I'm glad she hasn't lost that. Again, her incorporating the Krakoan flowers into her costumes speak volumes and the Coven are using things like that to their advantage.

There's still some ticks here and there with Howard and Betsy's voice but I enjoyed how she actually spoke up here and mad her points be heard. Idk about you guys but I'm itching for an issue with Betsy Prime going on a mission with some other members of the Betsy corps. The introspection we could get on her character literally talking to "herself" could be amazing! Also, Braddock Isle >>>>>

I have my issues with To's art but it was cool here. I liked how he drew her Gala costume and, with Dauterman saying he made them so they could be used in battle, I'm praying the cuirass finds a way to stick around.

The Rachel "romance" is...different. This could all be simple friendship stuff with classic queerbaiting though so I won't give it too much thought until something is confirmed on panel. I will say it's nice seeing Betsy's friendships with the other women deepen. I feel like she's interacting with them in ways she never did before and being a lot more open and vulnerable. I'm just praying she gets a few of those with Storm and Monet. I'm not a fan of CaptainWisdom at all but Betsy has horrible taste in men so I wouldn't be surprised.

All in all, not a perfect issue (what was up with how she treated Shatterstar?) but I truly feel like we've made it past the sad girl hump and moving into more exciting territory with Captain Britain. She was feeling her beat, talking about looking incredible, and making her voice heard. I know next issue we go back to Otherworld so I'm crossing my fingers for some big action moments!

She snapped here.

"The only entrance to Otherworld is through me and mine." WE LOVE TO SEE IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Maybe Betsy could be the one to "hold him down"...who knows? All it would take is a writer interested in telling that story.
    Or...they could have a no labels, open relationship...that would fit both characters. I like their chemistry.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    She snapped here.

"The only entrance to Otherworld is through me and mine." WE LOVE TO SEE IT.
    This moment I loved. I want to see more bossy Betsy.

I want to see her interact more with Dazzler, Storm and Wolverine too.
    A picture would last longer darling...

She's unstoppable.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I want to see her interact more with Dazzler, Storm and Wolverine too.
    Yes absolutely. Since she has been popping up in other issues I really hope we see her and Dazzler talking. It's been too long!

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Or...they could have a no labels, open relationship...that would fit both characters. I like their chemistry.
    That could work, too. I don't really subscribe to a one and done relationships type scenario. That works for long-established romances like Rogue and Gambit but...as with Jean and Scott currently, (which I appreciate) that still doesn't mean it's set in prehistoric stone. I'm all for flexibility and no labels going forward.

I'm looking forward to Betsy calling down the full might of the CB Corp on Coven Akkaba's sorry asses and showing them exactly why she's the Captain Britain.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-10-2021 at 06:06 PM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    She's unstoppable.

Yes absolutely. Since she has been popping up in other issues I really hope we see her and Dazzler talking. It's been too long!
    Dazzler should have been a part of this team.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Did Excalibur get canceled and nobody told me? She's literally headlining a book and leading a team. That's more than can be said for a lot of other characters, what is Dazzler even doing right now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Dazzler's about to be a regular in Way of X. But otherwise agreed
    I don’t know if Excalibur is getting cancelled, but it’s so awful, I want it to be cancelled so Betsy can be free from it.

Frankly, I don’t care that other characters have it even worse. Being a useless and unlikable headliner for a horrible and pointless book isn’t good enough IMO. Betsy may not be as irrelevant as Dazzler, but if things don’t get better for her soon, then she’s headed in that direction anyway. No offense to Dazzler. She’s cool and Betsy and her should hang out again.