Page 27 of 110 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    A new costume is really my only ask! I don't mind the D&D vibe but I wish they'd modernize it a bit. The team looks awkward outside of an Excalibur setting and I'd like for her look to be special to emphasize how she's CB Prime and wielder of the Starlight Sword.

Speaking of...where do you guys think the Starlight Sword might be? The page from issue 17 lets us know more is coming with it and that Betsy needs to find it.

For all the guff I may give To about his art he knocked it out of the park with this page.
    It is indeed a gorgeous page.

I agree with you, she can keep the CB mantle but I would like her costume to be more superheroy and less knighty. Brian's costume was always like that.
    For me, she could loose the cape and helmet. The costume could be less bulky also. I kinda like the flowers though. I also wouldn't mind if the starlight sword was always pink like in this image.
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 02-24-2021 at 12:20 PM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Psigal View Post
    And one reason I 'can't' care the Starlight Sword much is the way the Braddock tricked Saturnyne to forge the sword isn't very honorable. It is like she 'stole' it rather than 'earned' it.
    This has been Betsy since the beginning of Excalibur. Brian gives her the Amulet of Right to save her life and she won't give it back. He offers her the Sword of Might so she can stay Captain Britain, using a weapon I might add she is more accustom to and she doesn't want to swap. She destroys and Amulet of Right, which wasn't hers to destroy and get rewarded with the Starlight Sword. I'm all for girl power, but I get the feeling this new Betsy is turning into a bit of a Mary Sue!

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    This has been Betsy since the beginning of Excalibur. Brian gives her the Amulet of Right to save her life and she won't give it back. He offers her the Sword of Might so she can stay Captain Britain, using a weapon I might add she is more accustom to and she doesn't want to swap. She destroys and Amulet of Right, which wasn't hers to destroy and get rewarded with the Starlight Sword. I'm all for girl power, but I get the feeling this new Betsy is turning into a bit of a Mary Sue!
    If I am not wrong, those are just actings by the Braddock to trick Saturnyne to forge the Starlight Sword and let Betsy grab it to become Captain Britain again in order to join the X Of Swords tournament. However, I just hope there is a more honorable way for her to obtain the sword.

(And I really don't like the situation that Betsy grabbed the sword from the floor while Brian and Saturnyne were playing thier 'mind trick' game on the bed nearby. This is suppose to be a superhero comic but not Game Of Thrones...I think it ruined the heroic moment of Betsy becoming CB again and it is quite dishonorable from my point of view as it is much like she is 'stealing' the sword from Saturnyne.)

One thing I will always worry for Betsy if she just keeps receiving power or role that don't originally belong to her much like the Asian body, Amulet of Right, Starlight Sword...etc. She will eventually be stripped away from all those titles or power and start all over from 0 again if she cannot develop something of her own.

(Psylocke is one good example as it is equal to Asian Ninja mutant. After Betsy left the Asian body, she is no longer 'Asian' and 'Ninja' and lost the title and power. She may still know those abilities in lore but she just won't use them anymore as they are for Kwannon and lost over 20 years development in abilities. And you can think about if one day she needs to give the Starlight Sword to someone else, she will instantly lose all her power as CB. And CB power is much worse because it is all or nothing.)
    Last edited by Psigal; 02-24-2021 at 12:25 PM.

If I am not wrong, those are just actings by the Braddock to trick Saturnyne to forge the Starlight Sword and let Betsy grab it to become Captain Britain again in order to join the X Of Swords tournament. However, I just hope there is a more honorable way for her to obtain the sword.

(And I really don't like the situation that Betsy grabbed the sword from the floor while Brian and Saturnyne were playing thier 'mind trick' game on the bed nearby. This is suppose to be a superhero comic but not Game Of Thrones...I think it ruined the heroic moment of Betsy becoming CB again and it is quite dishonorable from my point of view as it is much like she is 'stealing' the sword from Saturnyne.)

One thing I will always worry for Betsy if she just keeps receiving power or role that don't originally belong to her much like the Asian body, Amulet of Right, Starlight Sword...etc. She will eventually be stripped away from all those titles or power and start all over from 0 again if she cannot develop something of her own.

(Psylocke is one good example as it is equal to Asian Ninja mutant. After Betsy left the Asian body, she is no longer 'Asian' and 'Ninja' and lost the title and power. She may still know those abilities in lore but she just won't use them anymore as they are for Kwannon and lost over 20 years development in abilities. And you can think about if one day she needs to give the Starlight Sword to someone else, she will instantly lose all her power as CB. And CB power is much worse because it is all or nothing.)
    Really? I know it looked like a plan, but I can't imagine Brian going along with destroying the Amulet of Right in hope that Saturnyne has the Starlight Sword, which neither of them could have known before hand.

Betsy might not be Asian anymore, but there is absolutely nothing stopping her being a Ninja, or at least relying on that training. Actually a 'Ninja' Captain Britain sounds pretty cool, but Tini's stuck on the D&D nonsense so that's never going to happen.
    About Betsy losing her powers, this one is up in the air. I don't know if she will lose her powers. In the past she didn't need the Amulet to power up as Captain Britain, all the tech that made it happen was in the costume. But now that Tini has retconned the mythos and brought back the Amulet and Sword I'm not sure where the power is coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    Really? I know it looked like a plan, but I can't imagine Brian going along with destroying the Amulet of Right in hope that Saturnyne has the Starlight Sword, which neither of them could have known before hand.

Betsy might not be Asian anymore, but there is absolutely nothing stopping her being a Ninja, or at least relying on that training. Actually a 'Ninja' Captain Britain sounds pretty cool, but Tini's stuck on the D&D nonsense so that's never going to happen.
    About Betsy losing her powers, this one is up in the air. I don't know if she will lose her powers. In the past she didn't need the Amulet to power up as Captain Britain, all the tech that made it happen was in the costume. But now that Tini has retconned the mythos and brought back the Amulet and Sword I'm not sure where the power is coming from.
    It is clearly a plan. Betsy has tried to give Amulet of Right back to Brian before but he refused because he thought he is no longer the hero after being controlled by Morgan(but this excuse is so weak...). So, I doubt he care much about the Amulet now and let Betsy destroy it.

I hope Betsy will use her ninja abilities again, it would be really cool to see her wielding both knight sword and katana at the same time and combine the skill of ninja and CB.

British citizens should be able to use/practice martial arts just like everybody else, no need to be stuck in some arthurian legend cosplay nightmare, they should be also allowed to eat sushi if they like, tea, scones and pork pie can get boring after a while.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Arthurian legend cosplay nightmare
    This is probably the greatest sentence I've read in a while! *Tips Hat*

BANNED

she just had said martial arts training showcassed on cooperation with au!kwannon and the evil version was using all manner of stealth tactics.
    she has her psychic daggers that she keeps throwing out, other versions of betsy had axes and hammers, even before the body restauration she was using mediaval weaponry

im sorry she's not using a katana like an anime fanboy, Ninja training is redudant when you can fly lol.

why the **** is she going on blackflips when she can float.
    Everytime these complains arise it can be funneled to " i want my cool ninja psylocke but it HAS TO BE BETSY" that ship has sailed, go make yourselves a favor and become kwannon fans, it wil immediatly increase your happines
    Last edited by Ferro; 02-25-2021 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    she just had said martial arts training showcassed on cooperation with au!kwannon and the evil version was using all manner of stealth tactics.
    she has her psychic daggers that she keeps throwing out, other versions of betsy had axes and hammers, even before the body restauration she was using mediaval weaponry

im sorry she's not using a katana like an anime fanboy, Ninja training is redudant when you can fly lol.

why the **** is she going on blackflips when she can float.
    Everytime these complains arise it can be funneled to " i want my cool ninja psylocke but it HAS TO BE BETSY" that ship has sailed, go make yourselves a favor and become kwannon fans, it wil immediatly increase your happines
    The frustration here is her power as CB up to now isn't impressive(look at her duel in X Of Swords, it is worse than child play sword fight). So, it made us wonder if she still has those skills of being Asian Psylocke because of how poor she performed in the first 15 issues of Excalibur until the recent one or two issues seeing the 'fake' Betsy using all those skills.

I have seen people keep saying it is Tini's method on Betsy not having enough confident but we have never seen this being mentioned in the story up to now.

I don't think you can blame the reader on this because it is the writer's fault.

BANNED

The frustration here is her power as CB up to now isn't impressive(look at her duel in X Of Swords, it is worse than child play sword fight). So, it made us wonder if she still has those skills of being Asian Psylocke because of how poor she performed in the first 15 issues of Excalibur until the recent one or two issues seeing the 'fake' Betsy using all those skills.

I have seen people keep saying it is Tini's method on Betsy not having enough confident but we have never seen this being mentioned in the story up to now.

I don't think you can blame the reader on this because it is the writer's fault.
    Yes i can and I am

Very dismissive of you to assume that fans who are unhappy with the current direction just want 90s Betsy back.

BANNED

I hope Betsy never touches a katana again.

If she were a real person yes it would make sense to put her "ninja" skills to practice. But she is not. She's a fictional character with an objective leading her in a direction that isn't backwards, let alone offensive.

And it will take a lot of time to shape this new objective, yes. It's hilarious to me when people are like "she hasn't done much as CB." Forgetting how long it takes for characters in comics to develop. (And firstly, I disagree she that she hasn't done anything in her new directive) But jeez, what a heinous thought to hope for more ninja association for her. Unsurprising, but still.

I've been out of the loop for a long time - so is Betsy back to her "English" body these days? If so, how?

If she is - I think she'd still have memories of when she was able to "fight like a Ninja" - but if she truly has Captain Britain level powers - there'd be no need to?
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Ultimate Member

She got some power from another mutant and just made it up out of thin air somehow...

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    I've been out of the loop for a long time - so is Betsy back to her "English" body these days? If so, how?

If she is - I think she'd still have memories of when she was able to "fight like a Ninja" - but if she truly has Captain Britain level powers - there'd be no need to?
    Yea, Captain Britain power contradicted to her previous Ninja skill. The only skill that would still be useful is the sword fighting skill which we are not sure how much is left as her fighting skill drop from 6 to 4 in her latest power grid.

In long term, I don't think CB is good role for Betsy/mutant who has her own mutant power(TP and TK) unless they can combine them in a good way.

And if CB role isn't permanent, she is going to lose the power again sometime in the future. It is sad that whenever Betsy gains some new power, she is going to lose some first so she can never be on top.
    Last edited by Psigal; 02-27-2021 at 04:16 PM.