Page 60 of 110 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I'm there for moar Swan Braddock.
    I want to see more Dragon Braddock (Captain Plumdragon). Chewing opponents and blasting massive purple tk force.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    It would be interesting if Charles and Erik approach her to take apocalypse’s seat. Maybe that’s why Rictor is so angry on the Excalibur cover
    Please nooo! Betsy needs to be on good term with everyone except Saturnyne and Kwannon!

Quote Originally Posted by PoP View Post
    Loved the newest Excalibur. Betsy and Kwannon were so beautiful and I'm glad they finally seem bonded again in some way
    I found you all seems to be happy with Kwannon because she is on good term with Betsy but I have a complete opposite opinion that I liked her character and development in Hellions but actually 'dislike' her after her involvement in Excalibur #19.

To all Betsy's fans, is it really ok for Betsy to have all the guilt for the body swap issue and Kwannon is the one here to forgive her and become her good sister and ignore all the past that why it happened?

If not for The Hand and Matsu'o trying to revive their best assassin and lover Kwannon, Betsy would still remain in her white body and would not need to suffer all the changes from the body swap that almost destroyed her life.(actually it is still ruining her in the current story)

And is Kwannon really a good person? She was a Hand assassin and she did crime works for them and probably killed a lot of innocent people and she was a villain. Betsy entered her body and did all the good deeds and make 'Psylocke' become a famous psychic ninja heroine. So, when Betsy left her body, is it really ok for Kwannon taking everything Betsy created and become the heroine? Kwannon currently has all Betsy's power(probably just slightly lower telepathy level), reputation and more importantly, her personality.

I am sure some of you didn't notice that current Kwannon has Asian Betsy's personality instead of her original personality when she was The Hand assassin. It is because her original one is never shown(even in Fallen Angel) so you think the current Kwannon is the original Kwannon but she is actually Asian Betsy(most of her personalities are still Betsy's). (The closest to Kwannon's real personality would be the one on Betsy when she thought she was Kwannon)

I found Betsy is a good reflection of current 'white people' which their morality is unrealistically high! So, even she is clearly a complete victim in the body swap issue, she is the one that has all the guilt and suffered the most and then keep hurting herself for no reason. Also, failures keep coming by afterwards and it eventually hurts the people around her.(like what she said in Excalibur #19)

And who does Kwannon represent? She is originally a 'villain' and she was almost dead. She let Betsy enter her body and do all the good things for her. When it is done, she 'stole' everything Betsy did and then become the heroine 'Psylocke' and even outshined Betsy!

Lastly, Betsy has once again become the stepping stone of other character(and this time for Kwannon who is suppose to be interior to her)! I really hope it is going to stop!(Trying To Be Positive)

Psycwave, can I have your opinion on it?
    Last edited by Psigal; 03-29-2021 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psigal View Post
    Lastly, Betsy has once again become the stepping stone of other character(and this time for Kwannon who is suppose to be interior to her)! I really hope it is going to stop!(Trying To Be Positive)
    Just keep your expectations low and you might be pleasantly surprised (I wouldn't count on it though).

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It wasn't Kwannon's fault that Matsu'o and Spiral did what they did. She's not the villain in that story. By the same token, Betsy has done nothing to feel such guilt and remorse either (An issue I have with the current story-line) If anything both these women should feel anger at being manipulated the way they've been by people and forces beyond their control.

And Kwannon never existed until the moment Matsu'o mentioned her name at the moment he orchestrated the body-swap so we cannot say with any certainty what her personality might have been prior to the body swap. We do know in those early post-body-switch issues the callous, mysterious and ruthless attitude was attributed to Kwannon's Assassin training, but that's still no indicator of what her true character was like.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

this bothers me to no end, why is Sersi getting into the purple butterflies business? I really hope she dosn't have this power signature in the Eternals movie.
    Last edited by Daedra; 03-30-2021 at 05:14 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I keep seeing rumors of Henry Cavill as Captain Britain. It was a few months back but now it popped up again. I know I know take it with a grain of salt. BUT if they do get him to play Captain Britain do you think they would go back to the status quo. It's what some of you want, right? Do you thing Feige would do that?

If they did I would want to see Betsy still as a Captain Britain but with the Sword of Might or Starlight sword. MCU can do whatever they want at this point.

But I want both Betsy and Brian to be spotlighted. Everyone loves twins.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I keep seeing rumors of Henry Cavill as Captain Britain. It was a few months back but now it popped up again. I know I know take it with a grain of salt. BUT if they do get him to play Captain Britain do you think they would go back to the status quo. It's what some of you want, right? Do you thing Feige would do that?

If they did I would want to see Betsy still as a Captain Britain but with the Sword of Might or Starlight sword. MCU can do whatever they want at this point.

Do you think having them as captain britain and captain avalon respectively from the very beginning would work?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It wasn't Kwannon's fault that Matsu'o and Spiral did what they did. She's not the villain in that story. By the same token, Betsy has done nothing to feel such guilt and remorse either (An issue I have with the current story-line) If anything both these women should feel anger at being manipulated the way they've been by people and forces beyond their control.

And Kwannon never existed until the moment Matsu'o mentioned her name at the moment he orchestrated the body-swap so we cannot say with any certainty what her personality might have been prior to the body swap. We do know in those early post-body-switch issues the callous, mysterious and ruthless attitude was attributed to Kwannon's Assassin training, but that's still no indicator of what her true character was like.
    I really liked that Kwannon mentioned that something was done to the both of them in this past issue. Even if Betsy feels guilt (which isn’t a very rational emotion) I’m glad that they don’t have Kwannon accusing her of anything.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'd be very happy if it played out like in the comics, with Brian starting out as Captain Britain, Betsy temporarily replacing him with disastrous results then going on to join the X-Men and do her own thing for a while. Then take on the mantle of Captain Britain once Brian's story has been played out. And I would LOVE for Cavill to be cast as Brian Braddock.

Nevermind the scooper just said he made it up. What a dick.

I'd rather have Betsy show up as a STRIKE agent in a Captain Britain/MI13/STRIKE Disney+ limited series.

She won't get any spotlight in an X-men movie with Jean and Emma around.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Nevermind the scooper just said he made it up. What a dick.

I'd rather have Betsy show up as a STRIKE agent in a Captain Britain/MI13/STRIKE Disney+ limited series.

She won't get any spotlight in an X-men movie with Jean and Emma around.
    To be fair, Henry as Cap Britain is a rumour that has been floating around for years and that has recently picked up the pace again following DC's non-Cavill Superman project by JJ Abrams/Coates. I am SO there for Betsy as a STRIKE/MI13 agent.

He would have made an amazing Brian but I hope Betsy is younger in this. In her mid to late 20's, so Brian need to be younger too.
    A picture would last longer darling...

We're getting a preview for the next issue of Excalibur on Thursday huh? I hope she finishes strong. I'm really hoping for a miracle to tie this story arc up.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    To be fair, Henry as Cap Britain is a rumour that has been floating around for years and that has recently picked up the pace again following DC's non-Cavill Superman project by JJ Abrams/Coates. I am SO there for Betsy as a STRIKE/MI13 agent.
    it is just fancasting, a very obvious. I doubt he will be cast

New Tini Howard interview on https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nage-interview

The comments that stuck out to me:

You’ve been writing EXCALIBUR (2019) since issue #1! Can you sum up what’s been so special about working on this project during such a momentous time for the X-Men?

So often when we get the opportunity to tell a story, we have to swing for the fences right away in just a few issues, try and establish everything really quickly. Getting to tell one of the first stories of the Dawn of X era meant stretching out, expanding, fertilizing the story ground everywhere we stood, and working with other teams who were doing the same. We’ve gotten to really feel the weight of the role of Captain Britain with Betsy [Braddock].

How do you convey each character’s unique personality traits with your collaborators?

Part of this is being in touch with your artists. If you can tell your artist—in the script, on the phone, whatever—clearly what is going on internally with your characters, they can draw it in before or instead of ever having to say it on the page.
    I think thats one of my main issues with her interpretation of Betsy. Theres a lot of stuff NOT being said when she should be saying it on panel.