Page 30 of 110 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I agree and second that. Listening to those episodes is the main reason I still feel optimist she will eventually lead the character in a satisfying direction while building something new.
    This is exactly the MO for the character, for Excalibur, for Krakoa and Mutants/X-Men as a whole. This has been quite obvious since HoX 01. I know how difficult it is for a few character fans to come to terms with this fact but...to paraphrase: "It is what it is, it can't be what it was" (at least not now and for the immediate future.) And sometimes, we just have to let go of the past, and make the most of the present.

Has Tini's execution been spot on right out the gates? Absolutely not. (I was ready to drop it at the Warwolves Hunt arc) but she and HiX-Man seem to be quite invested in the story being told. And barring the whole XoS debacle, this current arc with Betsy and Kwannon interacting (which If I recall some of you were clamouring for) is very engaging. The confrontation, so far is not going as I had thought it would which could mean I might...might...be pleasantly surprised/satisfied with an unpredictable resolution.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BetsyBot made her debut today and she is absolutely frightning. Mojo would be proud

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I recommend some of you listening to the CEREBRO podcast on Spotify.

I think the Betsy Braddock and Saturnyne episodes.

I say this because I have had my critiques of Tini Howards writing style.

But I think if you guys listen to her talk about Betsy Braddock you will have a little more appreciation for what she is trying to do.

I may not agree with the execution but I have an appreciation for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I agree and second that. Listening to those episodes is the main reason I still feel optimist she will eventually lead the character in a satisfying direction while building something new.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    This is exactly the MO for the character, for Excalibur, for Krakoa and Mutants/X-Men as a whole. This has been quite obvious since HoX 01. I know how difficult it is for a few character fans to come to terms with this fact but...to paraphrase: "It is what it is, it can't be what it was" (at least not now and for the immediate future.) And sometimes, we just have to let go of the past, and make the most of the present.

Has Tini's execution been spot on right out the gates? Absolutely not. (I was ready to drop it at the Warwolves Hunt arc) but she and HiX-Man seem to be quite invested in the story being told. And barring the whole XoS debacle, this current arc with Betsy and Kwannon interacting (which If I recall some of you were clamouring for) is very engaging. The confrontation, so far is not going as I had thought it would which could mean I might...might...be pleasantly surprised/satisfied with an unpredictable resolution.
    I listened and I'm very hopeful for where Betsy is going and I'm SOOOO happy that with everything I heard. Especially them both agreeing that the way that she was restored = giving Kwannon a platform to grow as a character as well. I'm glad someone spoke on the fact that Psylocke in Kwannon's body was essentially the MOST popular Asian X-Men/Asian Marvel character for a long time. And it always felt weird because it was Betsy in the body...but now it's not just a BODY anymore. Kwannon gets equal room to grow.

Thanks CGAR for the recommendation!
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I want Segovia to draw Captain Britsy for the world to see.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    BetsyBot made her debut today and she is absolutely frightning. Mojo would be proud
    It buggs me that she's wearing the thong though. Such a missed opportunity to use one of her original outfits.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    It buggs me that she's wearing the thong though. Such a missed opportunity to use one of her original outfits.
    Yes. Also—it’s kinda strange how we’re getting a Kwannon/Betsy situation here, while getting one in Excalibur. Both involving not the originals.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I mean it kind of makes sense if you think about it from Kwannon's point of view. Kwannon's fear of being eradicated by Betsy wearing her outfit. Essentially going back to non-existence by the woman who wore your body for so long.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    I mean it kind of makes sense if you think about it from Kwannon's point of view. Kwannon's fear of being eradicated by Betsy wearing her outfit. Essentially going back to non-existence by the woman who wore your body for so long.
    Yeah it makes total sense to me. What would be more terrifying to Kwannon than Betsy back in her body and in control while she's relegated back to the shadows?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I recommend some of you listening to the CEREBRO podcast on Spotify.

I think the Betsy Braddock and Saturnyne episodes.

I say this because I have had my critiques of Tini Howards writing style.

But I think if you guys listen to her talk about Betsy Braddock you will have a little more appreciation for what she is trying to do.

I may not agree with the execution but I have an appreciation for it.
    Thanks for the recommendation CGAR, I just listened to that episode and also found an appreciation for Tini's approach. Both she and the host come across as genuinely nice, knowledgeable and just all around fun to hang with.

I still have no love for the execution of Howard's ideas on Excalibur, but I certainly have a better understanding of her approach to Betsy now.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I'm a fan of Bets but her overall direction under Tini has not been good, and I think it is okay to say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I'm a fan of Bets but her overall direction under Tini has not been good, and I think it is okay to say that.
    After 18 issues you are more than justified
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I don’t disagree.

Look what Zeb Wells did in 10 issues. Honestly he did it in less for Kwannon.

Mighty Member

I don’t disagree.

Look what Zeb Wells did in 10 issues. Honestly he did it in less for Kwannon.
    In 10 issues he did more for an entire team, too. Think about how little panel time they actually each receive in an issue and I feel like they’ve gotten more character development.

Incredible Member

I’d love a captain britain solo book with rick remender behind it

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I would say the writer destroyed Betsy and she will never be the same. It is a character assassination!