Page 63 of 110 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Mutant massacre Betsy was not a ninja to begin with. It simply wasn’t her. Though she wanted to be a better fighter she never asked to be an Asian ninja.
    Um...that's kinda the point? She didn't ask to be an Asian ninja, it was done to her against her will. And she made use of the acquired skills since she wanted to be a fighter anyway.

BANNED

Had Claremont had Elizabeth train to become a more effective physical fighter, that would have been great. Yet had had the Mandarin and Spiral magically grant her advanced fighting skills and turn her into Asian. That’s extremely offensive. Basically, in order for a white woman to become a physical fighter she has to be kidnapped by Asian criminals who magically make her an Asian ninja.

I was happy when she recreated her true body and became her true self. No longer tied to Kwannon’s past.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Um...that's kinda the point? She didn't ask to be an Asian ninja, it was done to her against her will. And she made use of the acquired skills since she wanted to be a fighter anyway.
    And given enough power to do it on her own, she recreated her original body, went back to her English heritage and rightfully left the ninja stuff behind.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Absolutely not.

Mutant massacre Betsy was not a ninja to begin with. It simply wasn’t her. Though she wanted to be a better fighter she never asked to be an Asian ninja.

That woman in X-Force was simply not her.
    Attitude and inclination to make tough decisions and possibly kill have nothing to do with being a ninja or Asian or both...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Attitude and inclination to make tough decisions and possibly kill have nothing to do with being a ninja or Asian or both...
    It was not the pre ninja Elizabeth. It just was not.

BANNED

Elizabeth is a woman from a wealthy background and politically connected in both Britain and Otherworld. Absolutely no reason for her to join people who are basically scum in X-Force. Her brother Brian barely tolerates them and in her true mind Elizabeth is the same. Notice there was no reaching out to that crew move she returned to her real body.

And given enough power to do it on her own, she recreated her original body, went back to her English heritage and rightfully left the ninja stuff behind.
    She never abandoned her English heritage to begin with. And she still has her ninja skills which are her own at this point after being trained by Ogun.

It was not the pre ninja Elizabeth. It just was not.
    And that's not always the case with Ninja Betsy as well. She had that killing instinct before her ninjafication. Her more incline for killing was a gradual development. Slowly after the more military approach the X-Men under Cyclops (Utopia) and rapidly after she joined Wolverine's X-Force.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    She never abandoned her English heritage to begin with. And she still has her ninja skills which are her own at this point after being trained by Ogun.
    She’s a good physical fighter but has not been shown as doing ninja stuff per say since the recreation of her body. Her psiomic weapons are now based on British/European designs. Not psychic knives or katanas like Kwannon would do.

I just wish we got a mini dedicated to this new status of Betsy written by a writer genuinely interested in putting some order into this mess, all it takes is a bit of creative dedication from a talented writer to finally establish some much needed hard facts.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I just wish we got a mini dedicated to this new status of Betsy written by a writer genuinely interested in putting some order into this mess, all it takes is a bit of creative dedication from a talented writer to finally establish some much needed hard facts.
    No more explanation is needed. The issue is fans of the Asian ninja Psylocke are just unhappy Betsy is a British woman again and that the new Psylocke is Kwannon.

They’ll just have to live with it. Marvel could no longer have a white woman running around in yellow face. Cultural appropriation and all.

No more explanation is needed. The issue is fans of the Asian ninja Psylocke are just unhappy Betsy is a British woman again and that the new Psylocke is Kwannon.

They’ll just have to live with it. Marvel could no longer have a white woman running around in yellow face. Cultural appropriation and all.
    Yeah, I disagree, I love british betsy and I could use some explaining, I'd like to know exactly who have I been reading about in the last 30 years, I used to think that was just Betsy but now I'm not so sure anymore and I wanna hear more from marvel, I'd love also to learn more about Betsy new status as Captain Britain, powerset, skills, duty, knowledge, insight, I'd love a mini series dedicated to the matter.
    Last edited by Daedra; 04-06-2021 at 07:10 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Actually nvm. We need something new to argue about lol.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 04-06-2021 at 07:21 AM.

For God's sake, she never stopped being a British woman. Most people here are unhappy about the infantilization of the character, not about her being "British".

Mighty Member

You and some others keep saying that and that’s not true. You deny the history and growth and changes that Betsy had in Kwannon’s body. If people only cared about Asian Psylocke, we’d all just go read about Kwannon since she’s being written and explored better than Betsy. People wouldn’t be annoyed with how she’s currently being written. She’s been shown as wanting to be a warrior and she has been shown with having the ruthlessness to kill before her days as a ninja.

The argument of “you just want Asian psylocke” is such a cop out.