Page 1 of 110 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Betsy Braddock: Captain Britain Appreciation 2021

New Year New Thread

I hate that she’s on the 4th page.

What would you guys like to see for our Betsy this year?

Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 11.56.08 AM.jpg 9a8p38o1rbr51.jpg CaptainBritainPsylockebyBenHarvey.jpg

Ugh why do they come out so tiny.
    Last edited by CGAR; 01-04-2021 at 01:00 PM.

Ultimate Member

Drop the whole CB thing and at the very least have a nice long talk with Warren...W/B...

It’s not going away any time soon.

I hope for good character moments with Warren, Kwannon, Saturnyne and the rest of the Braddocks.

I hope to see her donfidence, sexyness and edge back.

I hope to see more of her outside Excalibur.

I hope for the return of the butterfly and good creative use of her TP and TK powers.

I hope to see her in a new cartoon.

I hope Dauterman draws her more!
    A picture would last longer darling...

All of this!

I honestly want to see her interact with X-men leadership more.

I want to see her with Storm and Cyclops.

Interactions with Jean and Emma.

How is she with Magneto nowadays.

There are so many character dynamics to explore.

And my one nitpick is to give her a better uniform.

Mighty Member

Like to see her on the Quiet Council since she’s basically a representative of three places (Krakoa, Otherworld and Britain)

Give her back the butterfly! They've barely committed to differentiating her power signature from Kwannon's as it is.

Hopes for 2021:

- I hope they solidify her as Captain Britain and have some great leadership moment in Excalibur
    - I hope the return of the butterfly and use her telepathy in more creative ways. Also would like them to clearly stated her what her CB powers are.
    - I hope she uses different psy weapons than just the sword and shield. She's a mutant CB, she should use more her powers in more creative ways than just psy sword, unless the true Starlight Sword becomes her signature weapon (and has special attribute).
    - A place in the Quiet Council and mutant ambassador/representation to Europe and Otherword.

Beyond 2021:
    - Stop messing with her body.
    - Reclaim her spot as one of the top warriors of Krakoa/Mutant/X-Men. She's once the Head of Security in Utopia and keeping Magneto in check.
    - Reclaim Psylocke as her identity once she's not CB anymore. (Kwannon should have her own look and identity).
    - New Costume.
    - The Braddock family (including Betsy) to have more influence in the Marvel Universe.

Random thought, but I feel like it was such a missed opportunity to have Betsy's return to her original body happen right before HoX in a random miniseries.

If she had died in this era and needed to be resurrected we could have seen people struggle with which body to bring her back in and they could've addressed the issue head on.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Give her back the butterfly! They've barely committed to differentiating her power signature from Kwannon's as it is.
    According to Tini, that is an actual plot point to be explored. The broken energy signature.

Ultimate Member

If she ever actually gets around to it instead of just saying that she intends to get to it...

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Random thought, but I feel like it was such a missed opportunity to have Betsy's return to her original body happen right before HoX in a random miniseries.

If she had died in this era and needed to be resurrected we could have seen people struggle with which body to bring her back in and they could've addressed the issue head on.
    I dont think that there would be a struggle. I think Betsy would be brought back in her original British body and Kwannon in her Japanese one. It would have been problematic to bring Betsy back in the Japanese one especially with the no dupes clause in the resurrection protocols. That would either cheat Kwannon out of a chance for resurrection or have her likeness stolen from her yet again. Creating a duplicate body and placing Kwannon's mind in it would have been an issue

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont think that there would be a struggle. I think Betsy would be brought back in her original British body and Kwannon in her Japanese one. It would have been problematic to bring Betsy back in the Japanese one especially with the no dupes clause in the resurrection protocols. That would either cheat Kwannon out of a chance for resurrection or have her likeness stolen from her yet again. Creating a duplicate body and placing Kwannon's mind in it would have been an issue
    No I totally agree! I’m just saying that it would have been an easy way to directly address fans about why Betsy was returning to her original body. You could have one character be like “I’ve only known Betsy in this body,” and another explain what you just did about why Kwannon deserves a chance to be in her own skin again.

Ultimate Member

Well again the body that Kwannon now resides in is part Betsy and part Kwannon, unless when Jamie Braddock created it he put it all back to Betsy's dna or something crazy like that but kept the more Asian look to it...or just do it that every time that she'd die she would go from one body to the other for a crazy bit...

When does the next issue of Excalibur comes out?

I'm weirdly looking forward to it.
    A picture would last longer darling...