Page 76 of 110 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1644

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This issue let me know I want to see more of Betsy and Wisdom
    I like the idea of them, but i’d much rather see them under a different writer. No offense to people who enjoy Tini Howard’s writing and want to see Excalibur keep going, but for me Tini Howard has a way of completely botching everything that should be awesome.

I also realize I can’t get with CaptainWisdom cause Pete is so much of a self hating mutant. He’s been denouncing everything Krakoan since this run began and he doesn’t deserve. He got what he deserved, tbh.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I also realize I can’t get with CaptainWisdom cause Pete is so much of a self hating mutant. He’s been denouncing everything Krakoan since this run began and he doesn’t deserve. He got what he deserved, tbh.
    Biiiiiiitch what are you doing up so late?

I’ve loved seeing Betsy actually be developed as a character with genuine emotion throughout this run, and struggling with things like sadness, identity, confidence etc. Comic writers (mostly dictated by toxic fans) never normally get to explore depth like this for female characters. I don’t know how Howard was able to establish the mindset of someone who has had so much trauma, but she nailed it. I’m very excited to see Betsy overcoming her hurdles - I feel like this latest issue was a sign of growth. The payoff is going to be huge.

I’m curious to see if Rictor will recover during the run, he was in a really bad place, and he’s gotten worse because of Apoc leaving. I think his future is going to be full of bad mistake. Maybe shatterstar will help him through it. This is probably for another thread, though.

I must have missed something, because I've noticed that a lot of readers don't think that Rachel and Betsy are a couple. I thought that Excalibur was going out of it's way to suggest that the two of them were going to end up togather. Yet many see their dance at the Hellfire Gala to be platonic. What did I miss that leads to the idea that these two aren't togather? Am I really that clueless?

Edit: I do have to say that I found there conversation and dance at the Hellfire Gala to not be as sweet as many other readers did. Perhaps I found their moment togather in Excalibur to be so underwhelming because I just really did miss interpret what was happening between the two of them.
    Last edited by Thievery; 06-11-2021 at 03:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Biiiiiiitch what are you doing up so late?
    Just winning love by moonlight. I was also up arguing with some Betsy haters lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I must have missed something, because I've noticed that a lot of readers don't think that Rachel and Betsy are a couple. I thought that Excalibur was going out of it's way to suggest that the two of them were going to end up togather. Yet many see their dance at the Hellfire Gala to be platonic. What did I miss that leads to the idea that these two aren't togather? Am I really that clueless?

Edit: I do have to say that I found there conversation and dance at the Hellfire Gala to not be as sweet as many other readers did. Perhaps I found their moment togather in Excalibur to be so underwhelming because I just really did miss interpret what was happening between the two of them.
    I think it's due the history of queer baiting. If Howard is trying to make them a couple she's doing a slow burn romance, but neither women has been explicitly stated to be gay/bi/pan so you can easily hand wave it to gals being pals.

Quick question does Besty/Captain Britain have super-strength now?

Someone said Captain Britain has Class 90 strength and I'm trying yo figure out if that means Besty has superhuman strength now.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

We honestly don't know, right? I feel like we've only seen Betsy use TP and TK.

Its never been written on panel what perks Betsy has as CB. Or did I completely miss that?

This run isn't really big on action. TH doesnt really know how to write action. IMO.

Also the amulet was destroyed. The amulet was the thing that gave Brian super strength, correct? Without that do CB's still get the strength perk?

We also don't now what the Starlight Sword brings to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Quick question does Besty/Captain Britain have super-strength now?

Someone said Captain Britain has Class 90 strength and I'm trying yo figure out if that means Besty has superhuman strength now.
    It is very funny that after 21 issues of Excalibur I still don`t know what Betsy as CB can do or how her powers changed.

But we know about mutant magic and witchbreed and covens and druids lol

Captain Britain’s powers have always revolved around heightened strength and speed at its core. Yes CB has displayed forcefields and beams in the past, but that’s redundant given Betsy’s TK.
    Last edited by Adam; 06-11-2021 at 09:18 AM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Just winning love by moonlight. I was also up arguing with some Betsy haters lmao.
    Doing the lords work, I see.

I think it's due the history of queer baiting. If Howard is trying to make them a couple she's doing a slow burn romance, but neither women has been explicitly stated to be gay/bi/pan so you can easily hand wave it to gals being pals.
    This. While I’d love to see them have a fling, this feels like it might be more a very deep, personal friendship.

While I’m not adverse to BetsyDom, he needs to come to terms with his mutant status. Maybe he needs to die and be brought back by the 5 to fully grasp his role in the world. He won’t have to renounce his citizenship, nor his place in MI-6, just realize that the world is so much bigger than simple spies v. spies.

BANNED

A lot of hero books showed the main hero struggling in all aspects of their lives. Spider Man had issues with school and work because of his super heroism.

Betsy neglected to deal with the British public and with Saturnyne herself. Obviously, she procrastinated. But she gave clan Ahkaba an opening and now she will have to fix this.

I think it’s great to see her grow into her job.

I think she struggles with the idea Captain Britain is not just about heroic adventure, but she struggles with the political aspects and those will soon hit her hard in Britain and Otherworld until she learns how to balance these things with Krakoa responsibilities.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    It is very funny that after 21 issues of Excalibur I still don`t know what Betsy as CB can do or how her powers changed.
    Yep. It's been stated nowhere what Captain Betsy or Captain Avalon can do.

Well, she can shatter............

Fantastic Member

I think the "Union" miniseries will never be mentioned again, but why not connect Excalibur with whoever Britannia was? Supposedly a beloved British super-hero for decades?
    Contrast that with whatever Betsy's responsibilities are supposed to be.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Brita...ct_(Earth-616)