Page 26 of 110 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Psigal View Post
    Would you mind to explain what actually haven't happened? Isn't Betsy body got shattered along with the Starlight sword in the X Of Swords tournament? And isn't Jamie asked Minister Sinister to prepare a clone body of Betsy and that is the one we are seeing in Excalibur #18?

Would be a great help if I have mistaken something!
    You're assuming a lot of things (if that's even the cloned Betsy we are seeing, what is gonna be 616 Betsy's fate, etc.) in order to declare the history is a "disgrace". Let the actual arc unfold first maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    You're assuming a lot of things (if that's even the cloned Betsy we are seeing, what is gonna be 616 Betsy's fate, etc.) in order to declare the history is a "disgrace". Let the actual arc unfold first maybe?
    I thought thats clearly cloned Betsy body from Minister Sinister if you look at what the whole issue is trying to imply but something other than Betsy's spirit is controlling it. It could be a twist but at least this is what the latest issue trying to tell you.

And Jamie asked Minister Sinister to clone Betsy instead of having The Five to resurrect her is a fact(as they are unwilling to). And because I think The Five can do a better job than Minister Sinister to create a new body, so I feel it is kind of a disgrace not done by them. Also, just think if you are Betsy, would you prefer to be resurrected by The Five or crazy people like Minister Sinister?

I didn't assume a lot of things as most of them have already happened.
    Last edited by Psigal; 02-23-2021 at 12:28 PM.

Mighty Member

I thought thats clearly cloned Betsy body from Minister Sinister if you look at what the whole issue is trying to imply but something other than Betsy's spirit is controlling it. It could be a twist but at least this is what the latest issue trying to tell you.

And Jamie asked Minister Sinister to clone Betsy instead of having The Five to resurrect her is a fact(as they are unwilling to). And because I think The Five can do a better job than Minister Sinister to create a new body, so I feel it is kind of a disgrace not done by them. Also, just think if you are Betsy, would you prefer to be resurrected by The Five or crazy people like Minister Sinister?

I didn't assume a lot of things as most of them have already happened.
    She “died” in Otherworld so she would have been resurrected wrong anyway

Did she actually die though. That’s kind of the mystery.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    That’s why I put it in quotes.
    I think that if they did try to resurrect her I think it would have totally messed up everything. The resurrected version would be an all new re-learn stuff childlike Betsy (like Rockslide. We don’t know how Gorgon turned out beside just “different”) and then OG Betsy would be floating around disembodied. Plus it would have overwritten her copy on Cerebro and we would be screwed over is she really did die (again)

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Depends on your definition of 'died'. Her body is clearly destroyed(or mysterically transfer to another dimension much like her consciousness which I hope it is the case) and separated from her soul. A soul without a body should be considered 'dead' normally.

But Otherworld can be magical or it can be different for telepathy as we keep seeing them taking over others bodies.
    Last edited by Psigal; 02-23-2021 at 01:02 PM.

Mighty Member

Maybe her soul has to be put into the tiled version of herself in the starlight citadel and get the sword back? I mean that is just pieces of her

we still didn't see Betsy featured in any art post this arc, Hellfire gala or the Reign of X tease?

Could she get a new costume? Maybe after this arc she settles in her role as Captain Britain Prime and finds her guts, the Butterfly, etc back and this means a slight change.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    we still didn't see Betsy featured in any art post this arc, Hellfire gala or the Reign of X tease?

Could she get a new costume? Maybe after this arc she settles in her role as Captain Britain Prime and finds her guts, the Butterfly, etc back and this means a slight change.
    Yeah a spot on the Reign of X teaser would have been nice. Something.

Solicits aside, I dont think there is any teaser art for anything that hasnt or isnt playing out beyond the RoX one. I dont think she was on the ROX one as to not spoil what would be done with her post-XOS and the solicits only cover the current arc bc it will still be playing out

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    She “died” in Otherworld so she would have been resurrected wrong anyway
    I think it could be a 'payback' by Minister Sinister to Jamie for 'stealing' his cloak and maybe for some other issues too. The clone body of Betsy should be an 'empty' one as ordered by Jamie but Minister Sinister put something else in it(my prediction).

Mighty Member

I think it could be a 'payback' by Minister Sinister to Jamie for 'stealing' his cloak and maybe for some other issues too. The clone body of Betsy should be an 'empty' one as ordered by Jamie but Minister Sinister put something else in it(my prediction).
    It’s most likely Morgan Le Fay in that body

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    It’s most likely Morgan Le Fay in that body
    Yea, it seems to make much more sense to continue the story as she could be the invisible threat.

A new costume is really my only ask! I don't mind the D&D vibe but I wish they'd modernize it a bit. The team looks awkward outside of an Excalibur setting and I'd like for her look to be special to emphasize how she's CB Prime and wielder of the Starlight Sword.

Speaking of...where do you guys think the Starlight Sword might be? The page from issue 17 lets us know more is coming with it and that Betsy needs to find it.

For all the guff I may give To about his art he knocked it out of the park with this page.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    A new costume is really my only ask! I don't mind the D&D vibe but I wish they'd modernize it a bit. The team looks awkward outside of an Excalibur setting and I'd like for her look to be special to emphasize how she's CB Prime and wielder of the Starlight Sword.

Speaking of...where do you guys think the Starlight Sword might be? The page from issue 17 lets us know more is coming with it and that Betsy needs to find it.

For all the guff I may give To about his art he knocked it out of the park with this page.
    Probably an unpopular opinion, I actually care about the body created by Betsy more. If she can the find the Starlight Sword somewhere, maybe she can find that body too and go back inside.

And one reason I 'can't' care the Starlight Sword much is the way the Braddock tricked Saturnyne to forge the sword isn't very honorable. It is like she 'stole' it rather than 'earned' it.
    Last edited by Psigal; 02-24-2021 at 08:44 AM.