Page 65 of 110 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I always thought this as well. And the one thing I will give kudos to Tini about is making this bond happen. I always thought that coming out of this they should be bonded and super in sync with other. Like simpatico psychic twins.

But thats the only thing I liked. Oh wait she writes Kwannon well. And I like the Emma Frost and QC appearance.

I did dislike the whole disliking her body but I guess models through go through body dysmorphia.

My one critique is that I feel this writer gives everyone else the focus that should be given to Betsy. Kwannon last issue and Malice this issue.

But she did tie up her 20 issue arc regarding Betsy with this issue I suppose.

We'll she how she is written moving forward.
    Great interactions with Betsy & Kwannon. Unfortunately another issue that focuses more on someone else and someone not even in the cast.

Finally some pluses in this issue. Still things that I’m not impressed with, but I’ll take this.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I always thought this as well. And the one thing I will give kudos to Tini about is making this bond happen. I always thought that coming out of this they should be bonded and super in sync with other. Like simpatico psychic twins.
    The Siamese twins concept between the two was thought up by Nicieza, not her.

Tini is clearly just as clueless as she's been from the beginning at characterisation.

He’s also the one that killed Kwannon and did nothing of depth for her.

That's kind of what you have to do when one creates a character by mistake ?

As if Tini has given the cast of Excalibur any kind of depth.

Well I'm not a fan of TH's writing style. So touche.

Incredible Member

It was a decent issue. Did anyone notice it was somehow written to raise concern and empathy towards those who suffer from psychological conditions like depression and suicidal behavior?

Can someone tell me what the starlight sword even do ? Why should Betsy use it instead of her tk blade?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I liked this issue as i liked this arc...but I always feels like wanting more after finishing a Tini issue. She hints at things and then goes on to resolve it quickly or just to go in another direction all together.

- Where is the moment Betsy got hold of the Butterfly back?
    - What is this connection she and Kwannon now have?
    - What makes them the same, what drives them apart?

I was hoping issues 19 and 20 would have gone deeper into this. The Malice bit was nice but I feel it "ate"up what could have been done with Betsy and Kwannon in adeeper way.

You know what these last issues needed? The huge Claremont inner monologues. Even if we had the same amount of panels we could have had much deeper characters moments for Betsy.

I hate the heavy body dysmorphia also. I hope it goes somewhere deep otherwise it feels superficial and useless here.

edit: But I DO LOVE the idea of Betsy and Kwannon as a duo, having each others back all the time. They just need to define it well the difference between her powers and fighting skills but as a complimentary bad ass duo it could really work.
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 04-07-2021 at 11:16 AM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

After all this anticipation, the Kwannon and Betsy confrontation fell flat. More could have been done and their interactions was more focused on the plot instead of the actual characters

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    It was a decent issue. Did anyone notice it was somehow written to raise concern and empathy towards those who suffer from psychological conditions like depression and suicidal behavior?
    Yes and I thought that was actually very touching! I kind of enjoy Tini taking Betsy through the ebbs and flows of depression/sadness cause lord knows the poor girl has been through it! Getting her eyes ripped out, body used and abused, having to kill her boyfriend, killing her brother, killing herself, people not wanting her as CB, etc.

Since she seems to be getting a better flow of character interactions I'm interested to see how/if she has Betsy continue to stay on a positive stride. I just wish To could work on those faces and selling the emotion a bit better but he was good here.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Can someone tell me what the starlight sword even do ? Why should Betsy use it instead of her tk blade?
    I don't believe it's been said yet as it was just created iirc. We'll probably learn more about it later on since Betsy has the connection to it. It could also just be another useless relic like the amulet or other sword though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Yes and I thought that was actually very touching! I kind of enjoy Tini taking Betsy through the ebbs and flows of depression/sadness cause lord knows the poor girl has been through it! Getting her eyes ripped out, body used and abused, having to kill her boyfriend, killing her brother, killing herself, people not wanting her as CB, etc.

Since she seems to be getting a better flow of character interactions I'm interested to see how/if she has Betsy continue to stay on a positive stride. I just wish To could work on those faces and selling the emotion a bit better but he was good here.

I don't believe it's been said yet as it was just created iirc. We'll probably learn more about it later on since Betsy has the connection to it. It could also just be another useless relic like the amulet or other sword though lol.
    Another question I have is about Betsy ability to teleport between 616 and otherworld, could she use this ability like illyana does going trough limbo... example she’s in london, tp to otherworld, tp back to tokyo?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I was hoping issues 19 and 20 would have gone deeper into this. The Malice bit was nice but I feel it "ate"up what could have been done with Betsy and Kwannon in adeeper way.

You know what these last issues needed? The huge Claremont inner monologues. Even if we had the same amount of panels we could have had much deeper characters moments for Betsy.
    I definitely could have used more inner monologues from Betsy during this whole arc. It would have helped fill in a lot of the blanks everyone keeps saying we're suppose to get from back issues. Or even just giving us her current thoughts of whats been happening to her.

Betsy looked so cute when she was trying on dresses. Loving Betsy & Kwannon together.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Another question I have is about Betsy ability to teleport between 616 and otherworld, could she use this ability like illyana does going trough limbo... example she’s in london, tp to otherworld, tp back to tokyo?
    Another maybe? The one(?) time we saw her teleport to Otherworld I don't think we ever saw her port back? Could be a return where she was type of situation but I honestly don't think we'll see that anymore now that the gate is in Avalon.

We need a full issue of Betsy, Saturnyne, and the Corps to hammer out the fine details but I also don't see that happening till after the Gala. I know Tini loves to let the artist tell the story but that's one of those things she's really going to need to give an explicit run down on.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Another maybe? The one(?) time we saw her teleport to Otherworld I don't think we ever saw her port back? Could be a return where she was type of situation but I honestly don't think we'll see that anymore now that the gate is in Avalon.

We need a full issue of Betsy, Saturnyne, and the Corps to hammer out the fine details but I also don't see that happening till after the Gala. I know Tini loves to let the artist tell the story but that's one of those things she's really going to need to give an explicit run down on.
    I’m really thirsty for many details regarding this side of the marvel universe, the greatest thing perhaps is that it leaves a lot if space for growth in regard to Betsy as character, she is uniquely positioned to benefit from some willingness to explore these new narrative grounds, she can be so much more than the usual tp/tk user because it gives her unique flavor and mystic\exotic characteristics.