Page 47 of 110 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast

After reading Excalibur 19:

Kwannon = original Betsy
    Betsy = complete new character

Tini broke Betsy Braddock and the character assassination is completed, Kwannon is the new heroine!

Can Betsy's fans admit this at last?

I guess I am no longer a Betsy's fans because 'original Betsy' doesn't exist anymore.

(But Betsy's fans will still thanks Tini for her good taste, lol!)
    Last edited by Psigal; 03-24-2021 at 06:36 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psigal View Post

Kwannon = original Betsy

Tini broke Betsy Braddock and the character assassination is completed, Kwannon is the new heroine!

I guess I am no longer a Betsy's fans because 'original Betsy' doesn't exist anymore.
    I mean if you see that way you are more than happy to move on!
    I won't admit anything because you are wrong lol.
    Because "kwannon is original betsy" is just wrong and shows you have not done the reading, betsy has always been a mess that suffers and lashes out, Please read about betsy.

Kwannon is a hero but so is betsy, a hero that needed help and has gone trough some shit, who'se spirit was tormented this wasn't character assasination it was showing betsy at her most raw and vulnerable while allowing kwannon to help her but also help herself, letting the two women come to a better understanding
    Last edited by Ferro; 03-24-2021 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Kwannon is a hero but so is betsy, a hero that needed help and has gone trough some shit, who'se spirit was tormented
    Sure, but this new Betsy is completely inconsistent with the previous over 40 years of development. Good luck, Betsy's fans!

And again, it is not about how she 'looks' like you always complain people only care about her ninja appearance but it is about her character and development! SHE LOST ALL OF IT in Tini's Excalibur storyline!!!

(The story is even inconsistent with the end of issue 17 unless there is an explanation to it. Betsy was trying to return home in #17 but this issue show she is reluctant to. Why, Tini? WHY?!!!)
    Last edited by Psigal; 03-24-2021 at 07:07 AM.

BANNED

Sure, but this new Betsy is completely inconsistent with the previous over 40 years of development. Good luck, Betsy's fans!
    betsy being a mess that lashes out is MORE than consistent.
    Betsy having suicidal tendencies? super consistent.
    Betsy feeling guilt and regret over her failure? many arcs, many panels, many issues that touch on that
    you have not done the reading AT ALL

BANNED

And again, it is not about how she 'looks' like you always complain people only care about her ninja appearance but it is about her character and development! SHE LOST ALL OF IT in Tini's Excalibur storyline!!!
    you have shown an immense lack of knowledge or even the logic to explain why the betsy that was wracked by guilt of her actions when brainwashed by the mandarin, that tried to kill herself many times, even when she saw her future self being a dictator in uncanny x-force.

Who wanted her emotions removed as a last resort, that still morned angel and all the people she killed, and the fact it was her pain from failing as captain brittain all the way in the 70's that kick-started her x-men adventures, all of it paints her!

Betsy is a character that been consistently characterized by her fear of failure, wanting to do more and a moral compass that leaves her questioning her morality, we see betsy in this issue of excalibur confused and incomplete, a ghost of herself who was wracked by her own flawed perception of events AS SHE ISNT IN HER RIGHT STATE OF MIND, and her percieved failure leads her to isolation and suicidal tendencies.
    Betsy runs away, she wants to be alone, not deal with it alone, to die alone.

Wich is... if you read ANY betsy braddock story published, I mean read , actualy READ the words not just the pretty pictures, you would know is the betsyiest thing ever.

Character development isn't washing away any character flaws or traits, betsy has grown a lot but it doesnt mean that after a traumatic event and as an ACTUAL GHOST OF HERSELF, she won't have the same issues becuase those are part of her character
    Last edited by Ferro; 03-24-2021 at 06:58 AM.

Character development isn't washing away any character flaws or traits, betsy has grown a lot but it doesnt mean that after a traumatic event and as an ACTUAL GHOST OF HERSELF, she won't have the same issues becuase those are part of her character
    As always I agree with everything you said. Trying to exist with one foot in Krakoa and the other in the UK as CB is challenging enough, nevermind everything else that has gone on. Let's see where we go from here.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

She's clearly traumatized and shaken up from past events AND getting possesed by malice, it's beyond clear all these hits are taking a toll on her psyche and she needed as a shake off

Mighty Member

What's going on? Haven't read this book since XoS. Didn't Betsy get lost in the multiverse and alternate versions of her formed a search group?

What happened in latest issue that someone is saying her history is being re-written?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    What's going on? Haven't read this book since XoS. Didn't Betsy get lost in the multiverse and alternate versions of her formed a search group?

What happened in latest issue that someone is saying her history is being re-written?
    a reaction to the new issue, and no it's not being rewriten, it's either an overreaction OR bad faith reading

Mighty Member

a reaction to the new issue, and no it's not being rewriten, it's either an overreaction OR bad faith reading
    But what happened? or are spoilers not allowed in individual threads?

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    But what happened? or are spoilers not allowed in individual threads?
    The issue came out today so best to wait for a spoiler thread. I suck at those though so hopefully one of our gifted members will write it up.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

So my issue with TH Betsy Braddock was summed up by someone else:

“Betsy Braddock is an incredibly strong resilient person who rolls with the punches and gets up time and time again after taking a beating.

Yes, she’s had moments of self-doubt and the occasional angst-ridden inner monologue but which comic hero hasn’t?

She’s literally someone who’s previously helped save the multiverse already. Waaaaay before the Krakoan era.

I do not understand why they keep writing her so spineless, petulant and weak. It doesn’t jive too well.”

It was a good issue but it actually wasn’t Betsy taking control. It was once again someone helping Betsy and Betsy not taking initiative.

We’ll see what happens w the last issue.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The issue came out today so best to wait for a spoiler thread. I suck at those though so hopefully one of our gifted members will write it up.
    Oh ok. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    So my issue with TH Betsy Braddock was summed up by someone else:

“Betsy Braddock is an incredibly strong resilient person who rolls with the punches and gets up time and time again after taking a beating.

Yes, she’s had moments of self-doubt and the occasional angst-ridden inner monologue but which comic hero hasn’t?

She’s literally someone who’s previously helped save the multiverse already. Waaaaay before the Krakoan era.

I do not understand why they keep writing her so spineless, petulant and weak. It doesn’t jive too well.”

It was a good issue but it actually wasn’t Betsy taking control. It was once again someone helping Betsy and Betsy not taking initiative.

We’ll see what happens w the last issue.
    A simple explanation, the writer 'reset' the character so she can write the story she wants to write but sacrificed Betsy. Betsy is no longer the Betsy we knew, she is back to the '80s vulnerable Betsy'. All 40 years of character development is lost!
    Last edited by Psigal; 03-24-2021 at 08:00 AM.

Kwannon = original Betsy

(But Betsy's fans will still thanks Tini for her good taste, lol!)
    I hate to admit it, but from what I've read, I'm leaning towards this.

I know Tini probably has a long plot regarding Betsy and her journey is far from over, but just in 2 issues Kwannon has been written better than the 19 issues Betsy's in. Good for Kwannon, I can't help but being reminded how similar they are (with Betsy in her Psylocke days). I really hope Kwannon's involvement in the arc meant something and bring some resolution about their relationship. If not, I think her role is better suited for Rogue.

My biggest problem is Betsy's characterization. There's a jarring shift of characterization between #17 Betsy and #19 Betsy;
    Sure, Betsy has had so many phases in her life and has been through a lot. She should've been more mature by now. But being written constantly like a entitled spoiled princess is a novel for her.