Page 50 of 110 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    Pray tell what does the present Betsy have in common with the 80's Psylocke sans the look?
    I would say the character and desire and willingness to wield a/the sword (Of Might), in service of Britain and the CB Corp. The katanas were swords, yes, but in service of another dynasty entirely.
    This iteration can be seen as a return to her true self and allegiances and interests and desires.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

I don’t think Claremont wrote her any worse after the body swap. She was clearly a favorite of his even if his intended reversal of the physical change didn’t happen during his time on the books. Others came and muddied the waters. Prior to that she was still who she was. She did leave Madripoor unsure if she could trust herself after being brainwashed, but had Logan there for her. Yes she’s been unsure of her place in the X-men when she joined, but those doubts should pretty much be in the past, even if she has taken the mantle of CB. I dunno. I felt the journey she is going through now isn’t executed well. As someone said the change in attitude from just two issues ago until this one is odd. If anything, she should be pissed that her body was once again destroyed, manipulated and used for someone else’s “means to an end” and should be wanting to get justice for herself.

Considering her being in Kwannon’s body is something that this run is addressing, it is evidently not a reset.

Tini's Betsy is not Claremont's Betsy. Not in a million years

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Exactatiously.
    It can be argued that when Psyolcke went through the Siege Perilous she emerged as an entirely new character having bonded with Kwannon's mind and body.
    And while I won't say "ruined", she was, for all intents and purposes, no longer the Betsy we knew up to and during the Outback era.

I see the Betsy we have now in Excalibur as the re-continuance of who she could be, had she not been forced through the Siege Perilous. And that's a huge plus for me.
    Not entirely true. Remender, Gillen, Carey, Bunn, Spurrier wrote excellent Ninja Betsy. Pretty close to her 80s days and better than current Betsy.
    90s Betsy on the other hand.... a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Tini's Betsy is not Claremont's Betsy. Not in a million years
    Yea, Excalibur's Betsy is spoiled princess but Claremont's Betsy is fallen angel!

Why are you complaining that she’s a spoiled princess. She’s a British aristocrat who lived in a manor and went fox hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Psigal View Post
    Its 'a hero's journey' but she shouldn't write it for an over 40 years old well developed character like Betsy! She sacrificed her!! And now, there is only damage and a broken character...
    oh lala...you are so dramatic...

I'm not a super fan of tini's writing. The flow of the story and dialogues it's all wrong for me.

BUT.... She chose to take Betsy to the bottom and in that case, she's doing a good job. This issue is her rock bottom. Kwannon is being the bigger person and helping her in a big sister kind of way and I like it. She deserves to be strong since her character was butched so many times before.

But rest assured, Betsy will take Kwannon's hand and together they will grow and be bad ass. I'm glad they are making her bonded forever, accepting things as they are, and not blaming themselves. I want to see more of them working side-by-side.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by braddocks View Post
    Why are you complaining that she’s a spoiled princess. She’s a British aristocrat who lived in a manor and went fox hunting.
    Because Tini wrote her to be one, lol. Like I said, it is 'Excalibur's Betsy' being the spoiled princess.

Quote Originally Posted by braddocks View Post
    Right? And that is part of what I love about her, one of the traits that always made her unique as a superhero. She always was that.
    A picture would last longer darling...

I need clarification: in the last issue Betsy was actively trying to get back? In this issue she doesn’t want to go back and would rather stay dead/incorporeal?

Ultimate Member

Kwannon's original body is LONG since gone, and not the one that she's in now...and remember that what Betsy wants would depend on who is writing her...

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    Not entirely true. Remender, Gillen, Carey, Bunn, Spurrier wrote excellent Ninja Betsy. Pretty close to her 80s days and better than current Betsy.
    90s Betsy on the other hand.... a different story.
    Not to discount those writers' efforts, in the least, Ninja Betsy was an excellent interpretation of Betsy as influenced by the body swap...at the time.
    But this is just a new/different iteration of Betsy's journey, in her "true" body and mind, in this new era. And I appreciate that.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 03-24-2021 at 09:29 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Kwannon's original body is LONG since gone, and not the one that she's in now...and remember that what Betsy wants would depend on who is writing her...
    You always feel the need to clarify this as if any of that matters to whats being written. Marvel has decided to go with the most simplest explanation and its that there was a body swap and both women are now in their original bodies. They dont account for everytime there's been a swap, merger, magical manipulation etc... as it doesnt add to or matter to the story thats playing out. Its an unnecesary complication to an already complicated arc thats being told

I wish they keep her self-made body. Now, she's in her 5th body and it's a clone made by Sinisterr; not to mentioned has been 'tainted' by Malice.
    Last edited by MetalPsyc; 03-24-2021 at 09:33 AM.