Page 78 of 110 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1644

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Romina does GOOD Betsy. I love the flower, face, and movement of the hair.
    I got a piece from her that featured Frenzy as well!

Lucky's piece is actually making me want another.
    I really wished we get this Betsy/Psylocke back! I hate Captain Britain so much.

Psylocke would be a regression at this point. It’d be better to just wait for the next writer to make the role more exciting.

Psylocke would be a regression at this point. It’d be better to just wait for the next writer to make the role more exciting.
    Yes, psylocke is no longer an option, I just don’t see it as well
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Ok. Lucky Star commissioned Romina Jones this amazing Betsy design based on her Disassembled uniform and this is what it should have been.

Sexy, slick and elegant with more muted colors. It also helps her that face and hair are absolutely gorgeous in this rendition.

We should all twit/send this to Tini, To and Jordan and make it happen <3

Attachment 110594
    I'm liking the costume +color combo.

The thing is, I think Marvel is trying to set Betsy apart from the Psylocke-ninja brand hence no more the sleek-agile fighter with telepathic skills.
    Then again the current CB costume/armor doesn't do anything to her. She's neither a tank or heavy hitter.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    I'm liking the costume +color combo.

The thing is, I think Marvel is trying to set Betsy apart from the Psylocke-ninja brand hence no more the sleek-agile fighter with telepathic skills.
    Then again the current CB costume/armor doesn't do anything to her. She's neither a tank or heavy hitter.
    That still feels more like a Tini interpretation, imo. Yeah, they don't want her to be Psylocke anymore but if a writer wanted to do another CB&MI:13 situation you could always get a return of stealth covert type missions where she can be in that space. Even without the ninja stuff, Betsy is still a spy-girl. Issue 17 even gave a precedent for that.

Tini's just not a huge action oriented writer so we're not getting it here.

That still feels more like a Tini interpretation, imo. Yeah, they don't want her to be Psylocke anymore but if a writer wanted to do another CB&MI:13 situation you could always get a return of stealth covert type missions where she can be in that space. Even without the ninja stuff, Betsy is still a spy-girl. Issue 17 even gave a precedent for that.

Tini's just not a huge action oriented writer so we're not getting it here.
    I agree...and Brian's costume as CB was always sexy and slick. Betsy does not need armor and a huge cape to be CB. Even her first costume as CB was more sexy. I wouldn't mind going back to that either, IF they loose the god awful mask and wig...shrugs.

But yeah, but the main problem is how she's being written.
    A picture would last longer darling...

I agree...and Brian's costume as CB was always sexy and slick. Betsy does not need armor and a huge cape to be CB. Even her first costume as CB was more sexy. I wouldn't mind going back to that either, IF they loose the god awful mask and wig...shrugs.

But yeah, but the main problem is how she's being written.
    I dare say the writing is wearing her down as much as the god-awful costume design ………not uplifting, not exciting, not engaging….—.-just overall tired and uninspired.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I dare say the writing is wearing her down as much as the god-awful costume design ………not uplifting, not exciting, not engaging….—.-just overall tired and uninspired.
    all is left is to wait for the inevitable reshuffle of the book down the road. And enjoy some of the good moments we get.

Ok. Lucky Star commissioned Romina Jones this amazing Betsy design based on her Disassembled uniform and this is what it should have been.

Sexy, slick and elegant with more muted colors. It also helps her that face and hair are absolutely gorgeous in this rendition.

We should all twit/send this to Tini, To and Jordan and make it happen <3

Attachment 110594
    Can someone change the dark red to white? I just wanna see what it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Can someone change the dark red to white? I just wanna see what it looks like.

Had to do it on my phone so it kinda sucks

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

it looks good.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Love it. I know she has to have the CB patriotic colors.

But she looks so much better in the dark blue and white.

As a British person, it’s nice to see a design that alludes to the flag without being completely in your face. Also making blue the dominant colour in the outfit works great since it harmonises better with her hair colour and is a nice nod to her past.

Overall a very sleek design that is much better than her frumpy armour. Also, I had to laugh at the notion of Betsy taking back her codename being a ‘regression’. Psylocke is a far superior name than Brian’s hand-me-downs.
    Last edited by Yronheart; 06-18-2021 at 01:41 PM.

The quality of the name doesn’t stop it from being a regression. What is she going to go back to Psylocke and do?
    Last edited by Psycwave; 06-18-2021 at 06:19 PM.

I don't mind her being Captain Britain for a while but if I think that she'll be it forever, it kind of makes me loose interest in her a bit.

Which is crazy, since Betsy has been my favorite superhero since I was a teen. I just hate the patriotic aspect of it. If we get a sexier, slicker uniform, and a crazy writer and artist that are able to make the role cool and three dimensional, I can maybe stay on board.

Otherwise, I'll probably end up gravitating more towards Kwannon and Emma.

So I hope if they decide to keep Kwannon as Psylocke, that at one point in the future they can come up with a concept for Betsy that is as cool and sexy.