Page 80 of 110 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1644

What great moments has she had in this run?

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I’m not trying to silence you. You can voice your discontent all you want to.

However, I don’t see that voicing discontent changes anything, either. It ultimately falls into the category of who cares.

I personally like the direction that’s they’re taking. And when I don’t like the direction a book is going, I drop the book.
    It's really naive of you to think that fandom discontempt does not influence anything.

Most of us agree that Betsy and Kwannon being back on their respective bodies was the clever and necessary solution anyways. But betsy gain popularity and relevance as an X-Men and as Psylocke. In the 80's. In her own body. And then exploded in the 90's in Kwannon's body.

She just needs to be better written...maybe let some other writer try the CB angle with her, but if it does not work, they need to give her something else to do, more in line with her long character history. The telepath that also fights. Not a ninja, but a knight.

The X-Men always had a lot of telepaths...there is room for many of them. A good writer can do it well. New X-Men worked with Emma, Jean, Professor and Cassandra as big characters. We have 12 or more books. Tehre's plenty of room.

I mean, they are even able to make the Avangers work with so many white, straight, "funny" dudes in their roster....so.....
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Also I don’t mean for this to sound condescending I’m just genuinely curious from the individuals that are liking this run.

Also I don’t mean for this to sound condescending I’m just genuinely curious from the individuals that are liking this run.
    I'm not a super fan of this run but I felt that issues 16 to 20 were pretty enjoyable for the most parto. Some good moments there.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    It’s not killing Betsy. What happens is someone fans get mad at any changes and want books written the way we’re in the 90s. Of course these days Marvel really makes it’s money from blockbuster movies abd tv shows, so no matter how much certain fans may hate changes Marvel will not listen to them.

For anyone who doesn’t like anything that’s being written or produced, there’s nothing any of us can do about it.
    I didn't mean killing her literally, only that it's dropped her down into the also ran status of not being involved in anything really big or doing anything big in any of it, it's dropped her off into a satellite book...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I'm not a super fan of this run but I felt that issues 16 to 20 were pretty enjoyable for the most parto. Some good moments there.
    I definitely view those couple issues as the best of the run but I feel like that arc did more for Kwannon than it did for Betsy.

Betsy's characterization in that arc was all over the place. Flip flopped too much for me.

I miss Betsy and Apocalypse. He was always talking about how powerful she is.

I liked seeing her in Queen Betsy's body and dealing with her AU life and the AU Kwannon.

The two of them fighting and the first time we saw her really going hand to hand in a while.

The arc of her return dealing with returning "from the dead", being under Malice's influence and then how she and Kwannon worked together to defeat her.

I feel like overall there was a big theme of bodily autonomy and how complicated that has been for Betsy, with her being in the body of her AU self, then being under Malice's influence, then going to Kwannon's body as she was rescued, then now in the new body Jamie made for her. Even in smaller moments like choosing clothes for the gala.

Yeah a lot of it involves Kwannon, but that was stuff that everyone had waited to be fully addressed for years now and it finally happened.

How she went about giving Malice a chance for a new start. If you think about it it's kind of a big deal that Malice has been living as an entity possessing people for so long, and now she's finally back as her own person. And it's mostly due to how Betsy was able to relate and empathize with her. Because she gets it. It all ties and parallels perfectly with what Betsy has also gone through, getting a new start as her true self after so long too.

Bonus: The AU Betsy's from the Captain Britain corps.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 06-19-2021 at 04:45 PM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I liked seeing her in Queen Betsy's body and dealing with her AU life and the AU Kwannon.

The two of them fighting and the first time we saw her really going hand to hand in a while.

The arc of her return dealing with returning "from the dead", being under Malice's influence and then how she and Kwannon worked together to defeat her.

I feel like overall there was a big theme of bodily autonomy and how complicated that has been for Betsy, with her being in the body of her AU self, then being under Malice's influence, then going to Kwannon's body as she was rescued, then now in the new body Jamie made for her. Even in smaller moments like choosing clothes for the gala.

Yeah a lot of it involves Kwannon, but that was stuff that everyone had waited to be fully addressed for years now and it finally happened.

How she went about giving Malice a chance for a new start. If you think about it it's kind of a big deal that Malice has been living as an entity possessing people for so long, and now she's finally back as her own person. And it's mostly due to how Betsy was able to relate and empathize with her. Because she gets it. It all ties and parallels perfectly with what Betsy has also gone through, getting a new start as her true self after so long too.

I echo the sentiment in every point made here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post

Yeah! The burning clothes moment was especially poignant. If this run hasn't done anything else it's really shown some nice friend moments with Betts and the other ladies. They've been sticking by her side the entire time and it's been nice to see.

I need more of the AU CB's. Elspeth Braddock and her psionic sorcery is calling to my heart.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Why are the Braddock’s still living in a dilapidated shithole in Otherworld? Why hasn’t Jamie fixed that yet?

Ultimate Member

Probably just another of those things that Excalibur's writer will get to...eventually...probably...someday...perhaps...

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post

Had to do it on my phone so it kinda sucks
    Lovely! It’s amazing how much a simple color change elevates it. Her face, hair and sword look really gorgeous too.

Have y'all ever been to Kinho Andersons IG? He's making these sweet ass Betsy sketch cards and got commissioned to do a X-Men Hellfire piece. It's so purrty.

Betsy is THEE DOLL.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Have y'all ever been to Kinho Andersons IG? He's making these sweet ass Betsy sketch cards and got commissioned to do a X-Men Hellfire piece. It's so purrty.

Betsy is THEE DOLL.
    wow his Betsy is gorgeous