Page 99 of 110 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1644
    Mighty Member

In that scene between Betsy and Arthur, my only problem is when she says “you’re just a man”. At first I though about it as an empowering statement. That she’s a woman and he’s only a man until she continues and talks about her kind. I am so glad that mutants are letting people know they’re done taking their ****, but this just seemed kind of “ugh”. I do love the fact that she was all about kicking his ass and using her telepathy on him.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    I loved this. I wish their relationship was explored further

https://twitter.com/katessupergirl/s...011091456?s=21
    Aww, I love it. Me too, seeing them together makes me so nostalgic.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Oh sh-t she's using the butterfly!
    Yeah, it was pretty dope to see her use it again after all this time. I listened to Mariah Carey’s Butterfly album in celebration and for general merriment because it’s such a great album.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    In that scene between Betsy and Arthur, my only problem is when she says “you’re just a man”. At first I though about it as an empowering statement. That she’s a woman and he’s only a man until she continues and talks about her kind. I am so glad that mutants are letting people know they’re done taking their ****, but this just seemed kind of “ugh”. I do love the fact that she was all about kicking his ass and using her telepathy on him.
    He’s just a man means he is human with no powers and is absolutely no real threat to her. He has no ability to resist her powers.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    He’s just a man means he is human with no powers and is absolutely no real threat to her. He has no ability to resist her powers.
    Yes, I understood that. I would have preferred she was referring to him as a man and her as a woman and not her as a mutant. It went from empowering (he being lesser because he’s a man and she’s a woman) to not empowering and more elitist (I’m a mutant and you’re human).

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    That was a great costume but I think the psychic knife should be replaced with a sword from King Arthurs Legend permanently.

Psylocke was ripe for sword and shield imagery for years without having to lean into cultural appropriation/body swapping. She wore an armored costume for years and used her psycho-blasting and telepathy in more subtle ways before the trend started to shift towards more visceral presentation of what had previously been invisible powers. Telepathic Knight in shining armor, it should have long ago been explored as part of her search to find the warrior within the butterfly. "Lady Lancelot" and all...

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Yes, I understood that. I would have preferred she was referring to him as a man and her as a woman and not her as a mutant. It went from empowering (he being lesser because he’s a man and she’s a woman) to not empowering and more elitist (I’m a mutant and you’re human).
    Betsy was quite kind considering he, Merlyn and their army attacked the Citadel while spewing anti-mutant hate. He's lucky she didn't render him a vegetable.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

Anyone saw the Yu/Gho Destiny of X teaser? She's waaaay back but still with her Captain Britain costume. I'm thinking she'll retain that title, but she'll have less prominence next year (which, to be fair, she was a HUGE part of Dawn of X in 2019 so scaling back seems balanced).

I wonder what will happen to Brian, though.

Yeah. I'm gonna be bummed out if its the same writer and if Betsy is still stuck w Gambit, Rictor, and Jubilee.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Yeah. I'm gonna be bummed out if its the same writer and if Betsy is still stuck w Gambit, Rictor, and Jubilee.
    There's gonna be a Knights of X and I hope she's in it because there will probably be swords lol.

AGREED. Let's see how a different writer will handle Betsy.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    There's gonna be a Knights of X and I hope she's in it because there will probably be swords lol.

AGREED. Let's see how a different writer will handle Betsy.
    Agreed. I'm one of the head cheerleaders of Excalibur but I'm definitely ready for a change. I wouldn't mind To staying although if it's a book about "knights", let's bring in someone with a darker feel. But To's work is beautiful and I hope he remains in the office.

I like how Excalibur is ending and I'd like to see the threads picked up. I'm always down for Betsy and her family.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm always up for Kox.

And if it stars the Excalibur team just with a new writer and artist (To has "defected" to Shang Chi)...I'll eagerly go down on it, providing it's a creative team I like.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Right now I'm guessing Williams writing Betsy on Knights of X.

I didn't bother with Extremists after the first issue, do people here like her Betsy or is it frowned upon like Tini's?

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm always up for Kox.

And if it stars the Excalibur team just with a new writer and artist (To has "defected" to Shang Chi)...I'll eagerly go down on it, providing it's a creative team I like.
    Yeah I can't wait to find out more about Kox. I forgot about To moving over, that's right.

Going by the writers IG story. Looks like she may have KoX as well.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

If true and Leah is writing Kox...I hope editorial learned from their mistakes with XF and ToM and mind their own damn business and let the woman write what she wants to write and how she wants to write it. Editorial interference is the absolute worst!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!