Page 31 of 110 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

How exactly is Betsy destroyed? The foundation of the character is still there. We just need a different writers take.

Also this wasn't all Tini Howard. People forget that Hickman and JDW didnt know what to do with Betsy. So they wanted this for the character as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    How exactly is Betsy destroyed? The foundation of the character is still there. We just need a different writers take.

Also this wasn't all Tini Howard. People forget that Hickman and JDW didnt know what to do with Betsy. So they wanted this for the character as well.
    Consider this is a personal feeling after reading the 18 issues of Excalibur as a reader and I am just here to express it. You don't really have to agree if you don't think so.

But I would say Betsy being the new CB should make her reaching higher rank in the X-Men world and take on more responsibility. However, the character didn't rise but actually fell is the writer's fault not able to capture the chance for Betsy and even worse, make her much useless than before(especially when compare to Kwannon in Hellions).

And I don't care what those podcast said because those are just 'words' but what is truly written in the final book is the most important.
    Last edited by Psigal; 03-04-2021 at 12:33 PM.

Apparently they did have other plans for Betsy before the DB picth. Jordan White said so himself in the Cerebro Podcast.

I'm curious on if we'll eventually fin out what those plans were.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Honestly, they should have been taking pitches for a mini series with Kwannon and Betsy right after the Hunt for Wolverine mini ended. But no we had Extermination which Kwannon and Betsy weren't even in.

BANNED

hickman as used betsy as part of the captain corps since like...forever, it was an obvious direction

Yes he's had her APPEAR but he didn't do anything.

If he want's to elevate Betsy he needs to add her to his X-Men team and start writing her.

I hope they can make Betsy useful again like rescuing Kwannon in Hellions then borrow her Asian body once again to take back her cloned body from 'fake' Betsy in Excalibur...etc.

That seems overly complicated just because you want to see her back in the Asian body.

That seems overly complicated just because you want to see her back in the Asian body.
    Yeah... why would Marvel go through the PR mess.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Hasn’t she been Rachel Dolezal’d enough?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah... why would Marvel go through the PR mess.
    How is it a PR mess? If it's just comics? Because it's a white woman in an Asian woman's body?

Does no one mind that Dani, who is a Native American, and her being a Valkyrie (when she was one)?

It's fictional characters with outrageous things happening. Emma once took over Storm's body and eluded she slept with Shaw while in Storm's body. But Emma still has an army of fans. No one seems concerned about how Storm's body was used.

I don't mind Betsy back in her British body, not even in the least. But it's fascinating when people get upset over fictional characters in a "super hero" world where crazy #&^$( happens all the time.

Clones. Body swapping. Mind swapping. Mentally wiping people's memories.

The very foundation of super hero comics just lends to these things.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

It’s the appropriation of Asian culture by a woman who was a Caucasian upper crust British woman, who became a stereotypical dragon woman that makes it problematic. If she had kept her personality from when she was in her original body, that’s one thing, but they didn’t.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 03-04-2021 at 06:09 PM.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Why would Dani being a Valkyrie be an issue? It's not a race.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    It’s the appropriation of Asian culture by a woman who was a Caucasian upper crust British woman, who became a stereotypical dragon woman that makes it problematic. If she had kept her personality from when she was in her original body, that’s one thing, but they didn’t.
    I don't know. It's like when you're in a situation for a long time - and you become that person. Sometimes it's for work, sometimes it's personality, sometimes it's culture.

I remember when I first heard about how she might be "complicated in the way she's being handled" - lemme see if I can find it - https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...ation-1965323/

Again, I don't mind Betsy back in her British body - but, the Japanese (some?) culture definitely seemed to embrace Psylocke back in the day - putting her in the Capcom vs Marvel type games and such.

EDIT: And let me say - anyone who DOES find it offensive - they're entitled to! I am not saying they're wrong. Just to be clear.
    Last edited by Adam-X; 03-04-2021 at 06:23 PM.

Why would Dani being a Valkyrie be an issue? It's not a race.
    No, but it's a culture. Native American people didn't worship Norse Gods.

(Again, not an issue for me, myself - just curious how people take "offense" {for lack of a better word} to some things and not others).