Page 64 of 110 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    You and some others keep saying that and that’s not true. You deny the history and growth and changes that Betsy had in Kwannon’s body. If people only cared about Asian Psylocke, we’d all just go read about Kwannon since she’s being written and explored better than Betsy. People wouldn’t be annoyed with how she’s currently being written. She’s been shown as wanting to be a warrior and she has been shown with having the ruthlessness to kill before her days as a ninja.

The argument of “you just want Asian psylocke” is such a cop out.
    The issue is fandom is stuck in the 1980s when Marcel was a stand alone company and when I’m
    The comics industry you could get away with fault offense types such as turning a white woman into an Asian ninja. Now that Disney makes billions of the MCU, the comics are a very different thing and Marvel had no choice but to simply drop certain things that I have just mentioned. Frankly, there are lot enough comic fans from the 80s to make a dent in Marvel’s line.

If you really don’t like Excalibur you’re not forced to buy it. Why spend money on something you don’t like?

Oh wow. I completely disagree with that take:

There definitely needs to be better explanation and exploration of Betsy. The last 20 issues have not delved into it well enough.

A better writer could have done it in one arc. (Ex: Zeb Wells for Kwannon, Al Ewing for Manifold, Vita for Cosmar.)

And saying its all in back issues isn't going to cut it.

This is not because people want Asian Betsy back (I'm glad she's back in her OG body)

The arc that Betsy has had in the last 20 yrs IS Betsy (Canon) Betsy is way more pragmatic and has darker tendencies

Also telling people to not buy a Excalibur when their favorite character is in it? Come on.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

There definitely needs to be better explanation and exploration of Betsy. The last 20 issues have not delved into it well enough.

A better writer could have done it in one arc. (Ex: Zeb Wells for Kwannon, Al Ewing for Manifold, Vita for Cosmar.)

This is not because people want Asian Betsy back (I'm glad she's back in her OG body)

The arc that Betsy has had in the last 20 yrs IS Betsy (Canon) Betsy is way more pragmatic and has darker tendencies

Also telling people to not buy a Excalibur when their favorite character is in it? Come on.
    I seriously doubt Disney will have the MCU have Betsy have sex with a new Cable clone daily. Yes, the gorey X-Force runs will be forgotten.

It´s not because of the writer, it is because of the corporation. Certain recent changes in the X-books are due to CORPORATE orders.

So if fans of X-Force do not like Excalibur, they do not have to buy it. Just as people can like whatever they want, they can buy whatever they want.

I would love to see what Vita could do with Betsy and Kwannon.

I'm sure they would put some deep thoughts in the whole issue and come up with a mini or even an issue that would be respectful to both characters.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

Im impressed how some writers do chaarcter development for characer is like 1, 2 or even 3 issues. And so little was accomplished with Betsy in 19 issues

Mighty Member

I’m so over people telling me or anyone else what they should buy or not buy.

I can be critical of Betsy and they way she is being written, but she’s still my favorite.

Just like you can continue to enjoy this watered down whiny version of Betsy.

Betsy smiled today and had some bite! It was nice.

I still don’t dig the “She didn’t like her original body” take that Leah introduced. I know her and Tini are homegirls so I’m sure she’s putting that bug in her ear.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 04-07-2021 at 04:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Betsy smiled today and had some bite! It was nice.

I still don’t dig the “She didn’t like her original body” take that Leah introduced. I know her and Tini are homegirls so I’m sure she’s putting that bug in her ear.
    I feel like the whole "Betsy's Body Dysmorphia" thing is a misreading of her story about desperately wanting to have the body of a warrior so she wouldn't be a liability in fights - which obviously dovetailed nicely into Claremont turning her into Lady Mandarin.

I feel like like Tini giving me D.I.D this the best she wrote betsty but it didn't feel like how she has been writing betsy to me. And she really does a good job of writing a direct kwannon. Definitely the best issue for betsy so far it was nice to see her compassion even if they kind of made xavier overly the heavy to do it.

Also kind of interesting seeing how deep their connection is now. I wouldn't be suprised if they share power. Feels like there is something more going on there.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I feel like the whole "Betsy's Body Dysmorphia" thing is a misreading of her story about desperately wanting to have the body of a warrior so she wouldn't be a liability in fights - which obviously dovetailed nicely into Claremont turning her into Lady Mandarin.
    I can’t help but think the issue was mostly resolved once Betsy got to develop her own tk, I mean the problem seems to stem from the fact that as a simple telepath Betsy used to feel very frail or vulnerable in a battlefield. The Martial arts knowledge acquired with the asian switch did help for a while to ease her self perception.
    Now that she’s a tp, tk mistically powerd Captain Britain she’s bound to feel like a warrior on steroids.
    Last edited by Daedra; 04-07-2021 at 06:10 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I’m so over people telling me or anyone else what they should buy or not buy.

I can be critical of Betsy and they way she is being written, but she’s still my favorite.

Just like you can continue to enjoy this watered down whiny version of Betsy.
    I did not tell you what to buy or not buy. Why would I care what you do with your money?

But if you really thought it was absolutely awful you really wouldn’t buy it. Of course, we know the internet is full
    of trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Agreed! I don't even mind a little body dysmorphia. She was a model and has been seen being somewhat into fitness I can see her having the occasional down moment but the idea that she never liked it? It's a bit of a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I can’t help but think the issue was mostly resolved once Betsy got to develop her own tk, I mean the problem seems to stem from the fact that as a simple telepath Betsy used to feel very frail or vulnerable in a battlefield. The Martial arts knowledge acquired with the asian switch did help for a while to ease her self perception.
    Now that she’s a tp, tk mistically powerd Captain Britain she’s bound to feel like a warrior on steroids.
    I really would love to see Betsy in a big battle with a heavy hitter using big power moves with her cb strength and some tk enhancements. I look at this battle from the Fate series and I can easily see Betsy doing some moves like this. https://twitter.com/animenews_news/s...472233472?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I feel like like Tini giving me D.I.D this the best she wrote betsty but it didn't feel like how she has been writing betsy to me. And she really does a good job of writing a direct kwannon. Definitely the best issue for betsy so far it was nice to see her compassion even if they kind of made xavier overly the heavy to do it.

Also kind of interesting seeing how deep their connection is now. I wouldn't be suprised if they share power. Feels like there is something more going on there.
    You know...I was definitely in the I never need to see them together again camp but I gotta admit the shared power moments were cute. I like that they're even able to start making little jokes (albeit still awkward) about the whole situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Agreed! I don't even mind a little body dysmorphia. She was a model and has been seen being somewhat into fitness I can see her having the occasional down moment but the idea that she never liked it? It's a bit of a stretch.

I really would love to see Betsy in a big battle with a heavy hitter using big power moves with her cb strength and some tk enhancements. I look at this battle from the Fate series and I can easily see Betsy doing some moves like this. https://twitter.com/animenews_news/s...472233472?s=20

You know...I was definitely in the I never need to see them together again camp but I gotta admit the shared power moments were cute. I like that they're even able to start making little jokes (albeit still awkward) about the whole situation.
    In a sense they are more twins than even Betsy and Brian. That is the feel i have been getting from the connection and i like it. In every sense of the word they are sisters. They share a mind, they share psyhic energy which kwannon said last issue would be with them forever. In a lot of ways their rapport is deeper than the one developed between Scott and Jean. But to the twins thing, they gestated in the same body for decades together, gained power, lost power, were resurrected. They have always been together and in a way because of that will never be apart. their relationship in the last two issues has easily been the highlight for me. and with kwannon around betsy gets to be lighter but still tough. They play off each other very well.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

In a sense they are more twins than even Betsy and Brian. That is the feel i have been getting from the connection and i like it. In every sense of the word they are sisters. They share a mind, they share psyhic energy which kwannon said last issue would be with them forever. In a lot of ways their rapport is deeper than the one developed between Scott and Jean. But to the twins thing, they gestated in the same body for decades together, gained power, lost power, were resurrected. They have always been together and in a way because of that will never be apart. their relationship in the last two issues has easily been the highlight for me. and with kwannon around betsy gets to be lighter but still tough. They play off each other very well.
    I always thought this as well. And the one thing I will give kudos to Tini about is making this bond happen. I always thought that coming out of this they should be bonded and super in sync with other. Like simpatico psychic twins.

But thats the only thing I liked. Oh wait she writes Kwannon well. And I like the Emma Frost and QC appearance.

I did dislike the whole disliking her body but I guess models do go through body dysmorphia.

My one critique is that I feel this writer gives everyone else the focus that should be given to Betsy. Kwannon last issue and Malice this issue. And yes its mostly been Betsy centered but not in the in depth insightful way that I was craving.

But she did tie up her 20 issue arc regarding Betsy with this issue I suppose.

We'll see how she is written moving forward.
    Last edited by CGAR; 04-07-2021 at 07:54 AM. Reason: i can't spell

Agreed, I find their connection really intriguing. They work so well together and I thoroughly enjoyed them.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!