Page 28 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
Results 406 to 420 of 1036
  1. #406
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Somewhere, someone is pitching making a Braddock become Captain Krakoa!
    (So what does Krakoa's flag look like anyway?)

  2. #407
    Beware! Daedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    Somewhere, someone is pitching making a Braddock become Captain Krakoa!
    (So what does Krakoa's flag look like anyway?)
    A stylized flower? Double helix? X or K in the special alphabet? What about the colors?
    "Can we just say that she is a chaos magic avatar and that her origin is split across the multiverse? She has no beginning, she has no end, she exists to be the improbability of the cosmos. She's neither mutant, inhuman, sorcereress or otherwise. Everything and nothing." (Anonymous)

  3. #408
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    Somewhere, someone is pitching making a Braddock become Captain Krakoa!
    (So what does Krakoa's flag look like anyway?)
    It’s one the flowers holding a margarita

  4. #409
    Spectacular Member PoP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    121

    Default

    I wouldn't be mad at Betsy Braddock getting "Revanche" as her codename if she can't be Psylocke. Might as well chaotically confuse everyone even more lol.

  5. #410
    Incredible Member MetalPsyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    Betsy might not be Asian anymore, but there is absolutely nothing stopping her being a Ninja, or at least relying on that training. Actually a 'Ninja' Captain Britain sounds pretty cool, but Tini's stuck on the D&D nonsense so that's never going to happen.
    I actually like the idea of Betsy as a Ninja Captain Britain. Unfortunately, although the interviews stated that she retained all her previous power and skills they also said that there's giong to be a new direction for Betsy- which we all know now: the typical Knight CB (with telepathic power).
    But then again, her current power set is not being clearly explained and there weren't any interesting use/demonstration of her power as the new CB.
    - We don't see her having super strength;
    - We don't see her being invulnerable;
    - We rarely see her flying (it's there but not noticeable enough);
    - Her telepathy skills were being reduced as a commmunication tool only - no mindtrick, illusion, psychoblast etc.
    - Her telekinesis skills were being reduced to only projecting a sword and a small shield - no other tk weapons, tk blast, tk-bubble/dome etc.
    - Her fights were mediocre, with a small exception when she's in Queen Betsy universe - when she's not CB.

    Power-wise, currently she's not that exciting. Just meh compared to what she was before.

  6. #411
    Spectacular Member Psigal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    I actually like the idea of Betsy as a Ninja Captain Britain. Unfortunately, although the interviews stated that she retained all her previous power and skills they also said that there's giong to be a new direction for Betsy- which we all know now: the typical Knight CB (with telepathic power).
    But then again, her current power set is not being clearly explained and there weren't any interesting use/demonstration of her power as the new CB.
    - We don't see her having super strength;
    - We don't see her being invulnerable;
    - We rarely see her flying (it's there but not noticeable enough);
    - Her telepathy skills were being reduced as a commmunication tool only - no mindtrick, illusion, psychoblast etc.
    - Her telekinesis skills were being reduced to only projecting a sword and a small shield - no other tk weapons, tk blast, tk-bubble/dome etc.
    - Her fights were mediocre, with a small exception when she's in Queen Betsy universe - when she's not CB.

    Power-wise, currently she's not that exciting. Just meh compared to what she was before.
    Yea, it feels like Marvel just want to establish Kwannon as the true Asian ninja mutant. They don't care what is given to Betsy and whether it suits her or not. She is the abandoned one between the two Psylocke.
    Last edited by Psigal; 02-28-2021 at 09:59 PM.

  7. #412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    Somewhere, someone is pitching making a Braddock become Captain Krakoa!
    (So what does Krakoa's flag look like anyway?)
    I wouldn't mind that. Specially if the costume is purple and pink and less knighty.
    A picture would last longer darling...

  8. #413
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    I actually like the idea of Betsy as a Ninja Captain Britain. Unfortunately, although the interviews stated that she retained all her previous power and skills they also said that there's giong to be a new direction for Betsy- which we all know now: the typical Knight CB (with telepathic power).
    But then again, her current power set is not being clearly explained and there weren't any interesting use/demonstration of her power as the new CB.
    - We don't see her having super strength;
    - We don't see her being invulnerable;
    - We rarely see her flying (it's there but not noticeable enough);
    - Her telepathy skills were being reduced as a commmunication tool only - no mindtrick, illusion, psychoblast etc.
    - Her telekinesis skills were being reduced to only projecting a sword and a small shield - no other tk weapons, tk blast, tk-bubble/dome etc.
    - Her fights were mediocre, with a small exception when she's in Queen Betsy universe - when she's not CB.

    Power-wise, currently she's not that exciting. Just meh compared to what she was before.
    she has psychicly atacked jaime several times, used her powers on the soldiers to see if brian was around AND just mindcontroled brian, she used her tk to lift rogue from the boat in issue two, she has been using psychic daggers like a ranged assault.
    Betsy has been tanking damage without ever being knocked out this entire run, do you need the characters to AWEEEEE at her with a description of the focused focality of her brittainess ?

    most of your points are just blantantly incorrect from someone that clearly hasnt read it with any shred of good faith or basic attention.
    Last edited by Ferro; 03-01-2021 at 11:10 AM.

  9. #414
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psigal View Post
    Yea, Captain Britain power contradicted to her previous Ninja skill. The only skill that would still be useful is the sword fighting skill which we are not sure how much is left as her fighting skill drop from 6 to 4 in her latest power grid.

    In long term, I don't think CB is good role for Betsy/mutant who has her own mutant power(TP and TK) unless they can combine them in a good way.

    And if CB role isn't permanent, she is going to lose the power again sometime in the future. It is sad that whenever Betsy gains some new power, she is going to lose some first so she can never be on top.
    are you seriously using power rids as ANYTHING?? those things dont mean anything, they NEVER have

  10. #415
    Focused Totality Psycwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cavern X
    Posts
    2,086

    Default

    I feel like if the only way you can enjoy Betsy and consider her a great character is by "impressive" power feats then you might not be a fan of the character lol.

    Betsy's current depression is something new for the character but it's also a long time coming. She's always been the "strong" so it's interesting to see that seeing Kwannon face to face and coming to terms with all she's done has finally broken her. Idk what her running around swinging a psychic sword is supposed to do other than be a cool moment that she's already had before.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 03-01-2021 at 11:54 AM.

  11. #416
    Focused Totality Psycwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cavern X
    Posts
    2,086

    Default

    Oh! Do you think we'll see some X-Corp/Excalibur crossover action since Tini is writing both? Now that CB met that alternate reality Warren and met a version of him that loved her in her OG body I'm sure she's gonna have a ton of thoughts swirling around when she finally makes it back properly.

  12. #417
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Oh! Do you think we'll see some X-Corp/Excalibur crossover action since Tini is writing both? Now that CB met that alternate reality Warren and met a version of him that loved her in her OG body I'm sure she's gonna have a ton of thoughts swirling around when she finally makes it back properly.
    mad jim jaspers was on the rox teaser and hes at the intersection of mutant corporate capitalism + Otherworld shenanigans

  13. #418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Oh! Do you think we'll see some X-Corp/Excalibur crossover action since Tini is writing both? Now that CB met that alternate reality Warren and met a version of him that loved her in her OG body I'm sure she's gonna have a ton of thoughts swirling around when she finally makes it back properly.
    That would be interesting. I hope to see more Betsy and (our)Warren moments.
    A picture would last longer darling...

  14. #419

    Default

    What was people's issue with Psylocke when she was in Revanche/Kwannon's body?
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

  15. #420
    Incredible Member MetalPsyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    she has psychicly atacked jaime several times, used her powers on the soldiers to see if brian was around AND just mindcontroled brian, she used her tk to lift rogue from the boat in issue two, she has been using psychic daggers like a ranged assault.
    Betsy has been tanking damage without ever being knocked out this entire run, do you need the characters to AWEEEEE at her with a description of the focused focality of her brittainess ?

    most of your points are just blantantly incorrect from someone that clearly hasnt read it with any shred of good faith or basic attention.
    She doesnt show better strength compared to the other members and Betsy had the most ridiculous fight with Isca and "died".
    Most of her psi-attack failed (lol). It's so unmemorable as if it was non existant. Even mindcontrolling Brian and ranged psi daggers was not done by her (probably Morgan LaFey in her body)

    Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I feel like if the only way you can enjoy Betsy and consider her a great character is by "impressive" power feats then you might not be a fan of the character lol.

    Betsy's current depression is something new for the character but it's also a long time coming. She's always been the "strong" so it's interesting to see that seeing Kwannon face to face and coming to terms with all she's done has finally broken her. Idk what her running around swinging a psychic sword is supposed to do other than be a cool moment that she's already had before.
    Her power feats is just one aspects that's been degraded for Betsy. We also have issues with characterizations, dialogues and imbalances for the characters in the book. She loses her confidence, and being stripped away from what made her awesome. There are things we love about pre-ninja Brit Betsy and there are things we love about Ninja Betsy (be it tp/tk or both). CB Betsy just hasn't been that exciting and so far, I haven't fall in love with her.

    Look guys, I don't hate this new Betsy and have been trying to keep being positive and keep reading/buying Excalibur.
    I'm glad Apoc is out of the way now, so the book can focus more on her and the team. I also love the Braddocks dynamics in the book.
    But there are issues and things that need to be addressed in the book especially regarding to our Betsy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •