Page 61 of 110 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    New Tini Howard interview on https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nage-interview

The comments that stuck out to me:

I think thats one of my main issues with her interpretation of Betsy. Theres a lot of stuff NOT being said when she should be saying it on panel.
    Well ..... what can I say, I’m happy for the people that enjoy her writing style but from my point of view she totally failed in establishing Betsy role as Captain Britain (trough a series of circumstances where she had no agency) and this thing, she thinks she has going on, where there is no need to tell the story because the artist can do the work for her, it’s not really there.
    Last edited by Daedra; 03-31-2021 at 03:21 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I love this Cb cosplay

And fan art:

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I always think there's no reason why TK swords can't be oversized like that, as obviously they have no weight to handle. But then I wonder why, then, they can't just be ridiculously big, like a Final Fantasy sword, but with full basket hilt and all the trimmings, or even just a crazy long halberd with blades, spikes and hammers all over it. Like this amazingly OP medieaval weapon that basically wrecks shop on anything short of a scared shopkeeper armed with a 9mm from under the counter.

Put some led lights inside that sword and I’m totally gonna buy it

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I always think there's no reason why TK swords can't be oversized like that, as obviously they have no weight to handle. But then I wonder why, then, they can't just be ridiculously big, like a Final Fantasy sword, but with full basket hilt and all the trimmings, or even just a crazy long halberd with blades, spikes and hammers all over it. Like this amazingly OP medieaval weapon that basically wrecks shop on anything short of a scared shopkeeper armed with a 9mm from under the counter.
    Betsy should really be the Queen of psionic weaponry, her psi powers unlike other psychic users are supposed to glow and have a eerie radiance by canon, so Creatively speaking as far as designs go the sky is the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Put some led lights inside that sword and I’m totally gonna buy it

Wow! This girl looks gorgeous and her costume looks really well made. The proportions are great.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Hold up. Hold up.

You're really going to sit there and say that Kwannon is being written differently than what Betsy has been written like these last 20 years?

That she is so different from the Betsy we are used to reading pre Hickman era?

Yes two characters can have similar personalities BUT they basically gave Kwannon the personality that we have been accustomed to in this new era.

They are trying to build Betsy from the ground up as an individual who's trying to figure out who she is. But Tini is failing imo.

I don't understand how you don't see what Havoks perspective is.

I'm sure I could have said this better but the personality that we have associated with Betsy these last two decades has definitely been the way Hickman era writers have been writing Kwannon.

The only difference is Kwannon has a daughter.

Also side note: Psigal you totally just described yourself as a troll.

it would only make sense though. much of the change to betsys character was the result of kwannons influence. kwannon was the fearless warrior while betsy was more of a classsy yet will get dirty as a last resort type of girl. betsy always seemed to have some type of deep moral complex and was extremely gutted about killing unless a person really pissed her off. kwannon doesnt seem to mind killing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    it would only make sense though. much of the change to betsys character was the result of kwannons influence. kwannon was the fearless warrior while betsy was more of a classsy yet will get dirty as a last resort type of girl. betsy always seemed to have some type of deep moral complex and was extremely gutted about killing unless a person really pissed her off. kwannon doesnt seem to mind killing at all.
    But Betsy has become a super innocent and vulnerable girl now which is none above(Classy or Warrior Woman). Tini has developed her third personality which is the 'Spoiled Princess'!
    Last edited by Psigal; 04-03-2021 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    Well now because of the retcon people can say this. But pre Hickman era or even Mystery in Madripoor we weren’t hearing Betsy’s personality being influenced by Kwannon since the lame oil licking scene.

We were reading Betsy as Betsy.

Even though when Kwannon first died she was completely out of Betsy.

Retcons will retcon though.

BANNED

Well now because of the retcon people can say this. But pre Hickman era or even Mystery in Madripoor we weren’t hearing Betsy’s personality being influenced by Kwannon since the lame oil licking scene.

We were reading Betsy as Betsy.

Even though when Kwannon first died she was completely out of Betsy.

Retcons will retcon though.
    Betsy still had martial arts skills, still spoke Japanese, and still understood Japanese culture after Kwannon died. So she was never out of Betsy until Betsy was torn out of Kwannon’s body by Sapphire Styx.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psigal View Post
    But Betsy has become a super innocent and vulnerable girl now which is none above(Classy or Warrior Woman). Tini has developed her third personality which is the 'Spoiled Princess'!
    Who sue us now is like a natural evolution of who she was before the merger with Kwannon. Thankfully, that was undone.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Betsy still had martial arts skills, still spoke Japanese, and still understood Japanese culture after Kwannon died. So she was never out of Betsy until Betsy was torn out of Kwannon’s body by Sapphire Styx.
    I disagree but everyone has their own perspective.

Betsy has been fighting for more years than Kwannon has been in existence.

There’s a point where it’s not Kwannon’s ability anymore.

Yes Betsy gained ninja skills w the body swap. But at a certain point it’s adopted and implemented and made her own. (This makes sense in my head idk if I’m explaining right)

It’s just different body proportions now.

Plus she’s a telepath. The skills you gain dont just disappear IMO.

It was Kwannons body at some point. But they’ve both lost their OG bodies.

I really think all writers failed us and they could have done so much more with these two characters.

But all they gave is is surface level stories.

Yes Betsy gained ninja skills w the body swap. But at a certain point it’s adopted and implemented and made her own. (This makes sense in my head idk if I’m explaining right)

I really think all writers failed us and they could have done so much more with these two characters.

Plus Betsy's training by Ogun... That alone gets Betsy a new set of skills separate from Kwannon
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

exactly this, all the above is particularly true.......and regarding the latest year what I find most disconcerting is that after so many issues featuring Betsy I just feel like we haven't moved one inch from step one, all of my questions are still there, how 19 + issues can amount to a whole lot of nothing will always be a mystery to me, an elusive and shallow narrative style perfected to art.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Telepaths have been able to speak different languages from the people around them so that doesn’t mean anything. She also was training in that body, so her skills as a martial artist wouldn’t just disappear. Body merging and brainwashing all lead to her understanding. You do retain knowledge.

The swap/merger story retcon needs to be fixed. It made it messy and now everyone has their own opinion on what happened. I said way back they should have taken the Sisterhood arc and use that for when Kwannon became “trapped” in her body with Betsy in control. It would clear up MiM when all of a sudden there’s Kwannon. How?

Retcons can be good and they can totally be garbage with more questions and less chance of a writer or writers to want to fix it. If I was going to let any writer fix it at this point it would be Wells. Tini hasn’t done anything to fix this or Betsy in 19 issues. Back in the day I would have said “let Claremont fix it”, but I think his time as an amazing writer is passed.

FA and Excalibur only made matters worse. Until the last issue nothing was done about it and even still it was just a “we are both victims” where it was clear that Kwannon blamed Betsy. So fix it already. Let’s get Betsy back to being strong and confident.