Page 21 of 110 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    She’s telekinetic so she’s been able to fly before. I would assume that she had the same powers, but since she destroyed the amulet, who knows?
    Even as a telekinetic though, she never used her flight power much and most writers just ignored that for her to create psychic weapons. Which the X-Men: Apocalypse movie copied.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    She did fly in issues #5, #8, #9 and #11
    Oh ok, I need to go back and re-read those issues then. Maybe flight wasn't the power I was thinking of then but super strength since I figured Betsy would gain the same strength her brother had but I never saw a moment where that proved true.

BANNED

she has flight and is physicaly more resilient as she is seen holding out atacks with her body as well as her tk shield

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    she has flight and is physicaly more resilient as she is seen holding out atacks with her body as well as her tk shield
    Thank you for confirming that. Sounds like she does have some invulnerability than.

Anybody else want Betsy to be on the new X-Men team?

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I'd like to see her especially if Jean and Lorna are on the team.

Kwannon isn't going to give up the butterfly effect thats pretty much been written in her back story. I wish they gave her a colorer hair color instead of just black. Maybe a blue/purple ombre. Betsy and her are just too similar and at this point they desperately need to look distinct from each other. Give kwannon a secret mutant ability. If not than Betsy shouldn't make psi weaponry at all.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I would, but not as Captain Britain.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I would, but not as Captain Britain.
    Therein lies the rub. Captain Britain has always been affiliated but never part of the X-men. As long as Betsy is stuck with the moniker, she will be side-lined.

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    Kwannon isn't going to give up the butterfly effect thats pretty much been written in her back story. I wish they gave her a colorer hair color instead of just black. Maybe a blue/purple ombre. Betsy and her are just too similar and at this point they desperately need to look distinct from each other. Give kwannon a secret mutant ability. If not than Betsy shouldn't make psi weaponry at all.
    If you give Kwannon blue/purple ombre hair, it will just make people more confused that she is still Betsy. I think black hair is good for her as she is originally an Asian. Most mutant use their original hair color with only a few exception like Betsy which she seems to 'unsatisfied' with her original body at some point and dyed purple(but it seems her new body is natural purple).

And right now, I think they have enough differences to tell them apart.

Betsy:
    Knight
    Knight Armor
    Psi-Sword, Psi-Shield
    Purple Hair
    Purple Eyes

Kwannon:
    Ninja
    Ninja suit
    Psi-Knife, Katana
    Black Hair
    Brown or Blue Eyes

If you still think they are similar, I don't know what to say...

Yeah, the two look nothing alike in the current era. Marvel has done a good job of NOT having them be similar. Kwannon may be similar to how Betsy used to be but she isnt similar at all to how she is now
    Last edited by Havok83; 02-22-2021 at 12:08 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

looking at that spliced image of "Kwannon" and Betsy side by side...Yes, I quite appreciate just how different the writers and artists are illustrating them in this era. And...that image of CB Betsy really seems appropriate when I think back to that X-Men #256 story with her and Brian as kids...and Betsy was so rough and tumble tomboyish with "sword" in hand.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    It is a shame that maybe it isn't her because for she was the best of both pre and post bodyswaps Betsy since a long time: sneaky, butterfly, controling minds, psychic knfire, daggers, sword AND fighting.

Overall good issue. I'm glad we're focusing on her and Kwannon for the next two issues. And also very glad Rogue and Rictor got more to do, think and say.

I'm almost disappointed no one has posted scans ESPECIALLY of the psychic butterfly's return!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Murderworld Betsy Psylocke vs Kwannon Psylocke

I like how she has the color scheme, the bionic eyes and lilac hair

It is so weird the job Marvel has done distinguishing Betsy and Kwannon and this cover is a perfect example of it imo Bets looks so strange, and I don't mean the face she's making, in Kwannon's current costume and I love the dichotomy between them!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yronheart View Post
    Therein lies the rub. Captain Britain has always been affiliated but never part of the X-men. As long as Betsy is stuck with the moniker, she will be side-lined.
    Brian’s cap was an Avenger in the 2010’s. It’s definitely not a blocker.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    Brian’s cap was an Avenger in the 2010’s. It’s definitely not a blocker.
    And he's gotten to do a lot more higher profile things than Bets as Psylocke, and if we're being honest. I have never felt they ever really utilized Bets as Psylocke to the best of her abilities. The 90's being the biggest offender, Bets imo could have easily mixed it up with street level heros such as Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Shang Chi, DareDevil, Elektra, Misty Knight, Colleen Wing, etc. I always felt that if Bets was really pushed she could have been a staple of the Marvel Universe ala the others I just mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    And he's gotten to do a lot more higher profile things than Bets as Psylocke, and if we're being honest. I have never felt they ever really utilized Bets as Psylocke to the best of her abilities. The 90's being the biggest offender, Bets imo could have easily mixed it up with street level heros such as Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Shang Chi, DareDevil, Elektra, Misty Knight, Colleen Wing, etc. I always felt that if Bets was really pushed she could have been a staple of the Marvel Universe ala the others I just mentioned.
    This!

Brian being separate from all the big teams helped him a lot, when it was time for him to finally join one. He'd worked with Captain America, Nick Fury, Spiderman, Thor, Quasar etc before he joined a team. This formula could easily work for Betsy, helping out with the various X-Teams. Get her face out there and people used to this new Captain Britain being about.