Page 101 of 110 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1644

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im not. Betsy's felt irrelevant to me for years. This only reinforced that
    Oh. Dang, that sucks. She's kinda been all in the mix so idgi but here's to 2022!
    Last edited by Psycwave; 12-07-2021 at 12:46 PM.

I dont think she's irrelevant but she has not been interaction with major X-Men in a very long time.

I hope in 2022 she has more interactions w Storm, Magneto, Cyclops, Emma, Jean etc

She did have a good dynamic with Apocalypse but he's gone.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Im not. Betsy's felt irrelevant to me for years. This only reinforced that
    Betsy’s been getting pushed for quite some time. She was the go-to girl once Emma’s time had passed.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I dont think she's irrelevant but she has not been interaction with major X-Men in a very long time.

I hope in 2022 she has more interactions w Storm, Magneto, Cyclops, Emma, Jean etc

She did have a good dynamic with Apocalypse but he's gone.
    Agreed. I feel like she's been very prominent, gotten tons of promo, one of the premiere characters to get a Dauterman design for the Gala, etc. but we don't see her with the characters we normally do. It's a double edges sword because I like that she's getting time with different folks and building up some dynamics that aid her personal story but damn i would kill for a Betsy/Ororo hug.

If Tini is still at the helm I'd love for her to pull some of her classic friendships to the forefront for an issue or two. Ro, Logan, Kurt, and Dazzler would be at the top of my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Betsy’s been getting pushed for quite some time. She was the go-to girl once Emma’s time had passed.
    That was the case when she was Psylocke. Its been less so this current era

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Agreed. I feel like she's been very prominent, gotten tons of promo, one of the premiere characters to get a Dauterman design for the Gala, etc. but we don't see her with the characters we normally do. It's a double edges sword because I like that she's getting time with different folks and building up some dynamics that aid her personal story but damn i would kill for a Betsy/Ororo hug.

If Tini is still at the helm I'd love for her to pull some of her classic friendships to the forefront for an issue or two. Ro, Logan, Kurt, and Dazzler would be at the top of my list.
    I feel like the only significant impact she had to the current era was XOS, which quite frankly, she was one of 10 sword bearers. Excalibur and whats been done with her has largely not really mattered. She doesnt factor in to the over arching X-universe and I dont feel as if her role as CB is really promoted much, especially when it comes to representing the franchise in other outlets like other Marvel stories and beyond. Betsy these days is just not as relevant as when she was Psylocke
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-07-2021 at 02:27 PM.

I agree about it being a double edged sword. I've really enjoyed her interactions with her family, especially Jamie. But I too would love some time spent with her classic friends, especially Storm and Logan for me.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

That was the case when she was Psylocke. Its been less so this current era

I feel like the only significant impact she had to the current era was XOS, which quite frankly, she was one of 10 sword bearers. Excalibur and whats been done with her has largely not really mattered. She doesnt factor in to the over arching X-universe and I dont feel as if her role as CB is really promoted much, especially when it comes to representing the franchise in other outlets like other Marvel stories and beyond. Betsy these days is just not as relevant as when she was Psylocke
    Idk I feel like she doesn't need to have an super huge impact on the line as a whole to be relevant? Honestly, none of the women outside of Emma (and maaaybe Mystique/Destiny/Moira) have really made major moves in the line. Even fewer have had major plots in their own books. A few like Magik and Kwannon might pop up in other places but they're cameo fests at best.

Betsy as the mutant CB has been a pretty big deal and Otherworld's status as a major place is being reinstated. There was stuff about in that Black Knight mini and it was just spotlit in the Marvel universe map thing! She even got a cute little photo on the infograph.

But it's only been two years so I can't really compare it to her 30+ years as Psylocke especially when that had ups and downs of its own.

Idk I feel like she doesn't need to have an super huge impact on the line as a whole to be relevant? Honestly, none of the women outside of Emma (and maaaybe Mystique/Destiny/Moira) have really made major moves in the line. Even fewer have had major plots in their own books. A few like Magik and Kwannon might pop up in other places but they're cameo fests at best.

Betsy as the mutant CB has been a pretty big deal and Otherworld's status as a major place is being reinstated. There was stuff about in that Black Knight mini and it was just spotlit in the Marvel universe map thing! She even got a cute little photo on the infograph.

But it's only been two years so I can't really compare it to her 30+ years as Psylocke especially when that had ups and downs of its own.
    I feel like Jean has. The new X-men team exists because of her. Hope is once again relevant due to her role as leader of the Five and Krakoa wouldnt exist without her. I also feel as though Kitty and Storm have also been given roles that ave allowed them to have impact.

Fair enough on the Black Knight stuff as I didnt read that. It feels like when the X-men are in books/crossovers (Empyre, King in Black, FF, etc...), Betsy tends to be absent, whereas in the past, she would be a shoe-in to join the fight
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-07-2021 at 02:45 PM.

Mighty Member

I wish they would have added her to the QC. That would have given her more time to shine, as well as, be the ambassador to Otherworld and the Citidal. Just like Storm sits on both councils and represents both Krakoa and Arakko (and Sol! Storm is busy!).

I’m really not looking forward to Tini continuing to write Betsy and this story. And I am not sure how I’d feel about Leah either. Wells would have done great in taking these characters and actually showing why they’re together. Bei and Shatterstar were just out of nowhere additions (I can understand why Star is there, but then we’re still wondering why is Rictor there?)

I guess we will see what the rest of the series holds and how the change will happen

I feel like Jean has. The new X-men team exists because of her. Hope is once again relevant due to her role as leader of the Five and Krakoa wouldnt exist without her. I also feel as though Kitty and Storm have also been given roles that ave allowed them to have impact.

Fair enough on the Black Knight stuff as I didnt read that. It feels like when the X-men are in books/crossovers (Empyre, King in Black, FF), Betsy tends to be absent, whereas in the past, she would be a shoe-in to join the fight
    I feel kinda bad for Jean cause I honestly still like Cyclops gets a lot of credit for the new X-Men team lol.

Currently I'm okay that she didn't appear in a lot of those little tie-ins because I felt they were kind of terrible but I totally get what you're saying lol. Especially with your examples above. I think this ext year will have a bit more of that though. Idk why but I'm feeling like this last issue of Excalibur is going to have Betsy say eff the starlight citadel and just focus on Avalon since it's technically Krakoan territory.

The council naming some type of official ambassador role would've be dope. I'm kinda of shocked that didn't happen after she came back from being shattered.

I still wonder if Tini was asking writers to not use Betsy when they had characters pop up in Otherworld until she could finish her story. If her mandate is gonna be to protect mutants who walk in Otherworld then she should actually be there when they go. I appreciated Dani and Karma wrote the note about going without but when what about when Logan went to Sevalith? Girl needs to get to work.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    It's true, but Captain Britain has always been mostly irrelevant to the line as a whole.
    The book she leads, Excalibur led to X of Swords, leading to Mars becoming Planet Arrako. She’s been very relevant.

It's not that Betsy alone has been irrelevant. It's just that Excalibur hasn't really meshed well with the whole Krakoan concept. They tried to weave the concepts together with XoS, but it wasn't very effective (except for maybe Apocalypse's story because he was on the QC and the centerpiece of the crossover). She's pretty much had her own team book for a while and although it hasn't been good, she still has plenty of visibility in the comics.

Bishop is an example of someone who has been made irrelevant. He's supposed to be a Captain of Krakoa and a member of a prominent team with a very Krakoan purpose, yet he hasn't had a fraction of the focus someone like Magik has had.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    It's not that Betsy alone has been irrelevant. It's just that Excalibur hasn't really meshed well with the whole Krakoan concept. They tried to weave the concepts together with XoS, but it wasn't very effective (except for maybe Apocalypse's story because he was on the QC and the centerpiece of the crossover). She's pretty much had her own team book for a while and although it hasn't been good, she still has plenty of visibility in the comics.

Bishop is an example of someone who has been made irrelevant. He's supposed to be a Captain of Krakoa and a member of a prominent team with a very Krakoan purpose, yet he hasn't had a fraction of the focus someone like Magik has had.
    Especially with resurrections there are simply too many mutants for all of them to be featured prominently, so a number end up as background characters. Depending on the writer who is in the forefront and who is background us going to change. But this isn’t a new issue. Some years ago I remember one guy weeping and wailing about Dazzler not being A list. And now she still isn’t. Lol

BANNED

What issue was she in the Black Knight mini?