Page 105 of 110 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1644

Every female character written by Claremont is "a bit gay". Actually, more than a bit.

Incredible Member

Ugh today’s issue was sooo frutrating. I can’t digest how rushed the pace was and yet it was left without a conclusion

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Every female character written by Claremont is "a bit gay". Actually, more than a bit.
    Haha, 100% truth. It's definitely possible for a male feminist to go so far past "ally" that it skirts back into objectification territory again - see also: Charles Moulton, Joss Whedon.
    Last edited by Frobisher; 12-15-2021 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Haha, 100% truth. It's definitely possible for a male feminist to go so far past "ally" that it skirts back into objectification territory again - see also: Charles Moulton, Joss Whedon.
    well, and some of them are just using a kinder more self-critical rhetoric in order to stay the same assholes as usual behind the scenes...

Yeah, that was a frustrating read and now we wait until April.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Yeah, that was a frustrating read and now we wait until April.
    Even longer on Marvel Unlimited. Someone on here mentioned having spent thousands on Dawn Of X books, and I thought - yeah, I can't really justify that just to get to discuss the books as they first come out. I do alright, but y'know, I'm still a Yorkshireman and we're notorious for being tighter than a gnat's chuff.
    Last edited by Frobisher; 12-15-2021 at 05:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    Ugh today’s issue was sooo frutrating. I can’t digest how rushed the pace was and yet it was left without a conclusion
    Yeah. It was pretty bad “final” issue. The same back and forth between places that don’t serve at all to the narrative. Forced empty cameos and generic character interactions. Very hit or miss as usual. I really feel like Betsy is not Betsy anymore without being mainly a telepath that can fight. The CB mantle does not work for her under Tini’s writing. I hope she plans better KoX.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    NO, there is not enough lesbian representation in the X-Men comics. Betsy and Rachel would make a great couple!

No idea what you guys are talking about here...seriously, you sound like right wing cishet a*holes in this thread. "Not, every character has to be gay." bullshit, not every character is gay. Not even close.

But I actually think that Rachel should be trans*. It is really time to represent all letters of LGBTQ+ in comic books.
    First I’m not a right wing cishet anything. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with NOT wanting a character to be in a relationship with another. I’m all for characters being bi/gay/lesbian or trans. I’m a gay man. Of course I want to read about gay characters and have representation in my community. If you want a lesbian power couple, then you have Kate and Rachel. Seriously they’re in love. I would much more believe that then this Betsy/Rachel pairing that for me is out of nowhere. As much as I love Claremont and his strong women, it sometimes bordered on cishet male fetish with some of the interaction.

Let’s start using established lesbian characters. Karma hasn’t been in a relationship. Bling! Mercury. We finally have Mystique and Destiny back together and they are the power couple since the start.

And Colossus is hella gay after seeing that Gala outfit and there for it. Him and Kate both being gay would explain the on and off relationship and almost marriage. And then Kate and Rachel can be together.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

Few points from a gay man:

1. You can have a healthy (I'd say fuller) queer representation when it's not all about your favorite queer characters getting together. Ever heard of gaggles/platonic queer friendships? What about a queer mutant's life outside of/independent of a romantic relationship?

2. "You don't support my queer ship, therefore you're queerphobic." Sis you're really making us look bad in front of the straights.

3. Wasn't Karma hinted at having a potential love interest in Marvel Pride? I remember she's Filipina, too. Queer Asian representation is important, as someone who is both queer and Asian. Intersectionality exists. Not all lesbians in comics should be white women.

That said:

Pretty strong showing for Betsy this issue, although I have to agree with the overall sentiment about Tini's run. I hope hope hope she'll take those four months to be better because I saw moments of absolute brilliance in this run.

I feel bad for Gambit fans as well.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    Few points from a gay man:

1. You can have a healthy (I'd say fuller) queer representation when it's not all about your favorite queer characters getting together. Ever heard of gaggles/platonic queer friendships? What about a queer mutant's life outside of/independent of a romantic relationship?

2. "You don't support my queer ship, therefore you're queerphobic." Sis you're really making us look bad in front of the straights.

3. Wasn't Karma hinted at having a potential love interest in Marvel Pride? I remember she's Filipina, too. Queer Asian representation is important, as someone who is both queer and Asian. Intersectionality exists. Not all lesbians in comics should be white women.

That said:

Pretty strong showing for Betsy this issue, although I have to agree with the overall sentiment about Tini's run. I hope hope hope she'll take those four months to be better because I saw moments of absolute brilliance in this run.

I feel bad for Gambit fans as well.
    Thank you. I didn’t get Marvel Voices Pride. I would like to see that explored in NM.

On a “on topic” note - I’d like to see Betsy stop bouncing back and forth with the “I need validation/I’m unsure of myself” and “I have to do this” mentality. You’re Betsy Braddock for f’s sake. Go in and do the damn job. We have an army full of Betsy’s… between tp and tk they should be mopping up in these battles

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

I feel like when Betsy was still in Kwannon's body, she was not afraid to be low down and dirty and violent (I am not fully sure as I have not read all of issues featuring her prior to HOXPOX). Being basically forced to be responsible for a whole dimension while still getting used to your previous self is a huge ask, but we've seen her be a commanding presence. idk maybe I'm hoping Tini is slowly building Betsy back up, forged-in-the-fire style.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    First I’m not a right wing cishet anything. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with NOT wanting a character to be in a relationship with another. I’m all for characters being bi/gay/lesbian or trans. I’m a gay man. Of course I want to read about gay characters and have representation in my community. If you want a lesbian power couple, then you have Kate and Rachel. Seriously they’re in love. I would much more believe that then this Betsy/Rachel pairing that for me is out of nowhere. As much as I love Claremont and his strong women, it sometimes bordered on cishet male fetish with some of the interaction.

Let’s start using established lesbian characters. Karma hasn’t been in a relationship. Bling! Mercury. We finally have Mystique and Destiny back together and they are the power couple since the start.

And Colossus is hella gay after seeing that Gala outfit and there for it. Him and Kate both being gay would explain the on and off relationship and almost marriage. And then Kate and Rachel can be together.
    I like Betsy as a straight sexually-well-resolved character as well. she canonically has a very healthy, pragmatic and empowering attitude towards multiple male characters and it kinda defines part of her characterization.

But if it was to be undone and her queer experience with cluster bloomed into something bigger and she became more active in bisexual romances or reveals herself as lesbian, it wouldn’t be hard to get over her past characterization and get used to a new sexuality for betsy…

Representation in comics is far for being enough at today’s levels.

Nah, I'm not gay and I'd wear that outfit to go to my work Christmas do in an instant. Hell, I'd wear it to the shops.

Astonishing Member

Isn't Colussus married? I'm pretty sure he is since X-force had a plot point about Chronicler's manipulations including him killing his own wife.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Nah, I'm not gay and I'd wear that outfit to go to my work Christmas do in an instant. Hell, I'd wear it to the shops.
    I’m trying to get one of my friends that sew to make that for me. I’d wear it to the grocery store. That has hot leather daddy written all over it. And I am living for that look