Page 106 of 110 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110 LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1644
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Isn't Colussus married? I'm pretty sure he is since X-force had a plot point about Chronicler's manipulations including him killing his own wife.
    He’s straight. It was just an out of nowhere girlfriend to just get fridged.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    First I’m not a right wing cishet anything. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with NOT wanting a character to be in a relationship with another. I’m all for characters being bi/gay/lesbian or trans. I’m a gay man. Of course I want to read about gay characters and have representation in my community. If you want a lesbian power couple, then you have Kate and Rachel. Seriously they’re in love. I would much more believe that then this Betsy/Rachel pairing that for me is out of nowhere. As much as I love Claremont and his strong women, it sometimes bordered on cishet male fetish with some of the interaction.

Let’s start using established lesbian characters. Karma hasn’t been in a relationship. Bling! Mercury. We finally have Mystique and Destiny back together and they are the power couple since the start.

And Colossus is hella gay after seeing that Gala outfit and there for it. Him and Kate both being gay would explain the on and off relationship and almost marriage. And then Kate and Rachel can be together.
    For me a romance between Bettsy and Rachel would not make any sense and I would not like to see that, but lately anything can happen ... although I would be quite disappointed with that.

Lol a lot of "as a gay man" going on, so I'm gonna counter with the same. As a gay man, Betsy/Rachel is not the ship I would have picked but the X-men do need far more wlw representation and this would be a great step forward for that. I personally have been hoping more for a Kitty/Illyana/Rachel love triangle especially since Kitty already had that Marauders moment and Magik and Rachel really shouldn't be that hard to reveal as lesbian or bi, compared to other characters. But if Tini can actually make this happen, I welcome it, and it still keeps the door open for Kitty and Rachel later.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    Lol a lot of "as a gay man" going on, so I'm gonna counter with the same. As a gay man, Betsy/Rachel is not the ship I would have picked but the X-men do need far more wlw representation and this would be a great step forward for that. I personally have been hoping more for a Kitty/Illyana/Rachel love triangle especially since Kitty already had that Marauders moment and Magik and Rachel really shouldn't be that hard to reveal as lesbian or bi, compared to other characters. But if Tini can actually make this happen, I welcome it, and it still keeps the door open for Kitty and Rachel later.
    lololol someone upthread referred to anyone not liking the idea of a Rachel/Betsy pairing specifically as a right wing nutjob. Would want Rachel with Kitty though.
    Last edited by sensormellow; 12-15-2021 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Every female character written by Claremont is "a bit gay". Actually, more than a bit.
    Jean wasnt. I never got much of that vibe from him. Jubilee too

Incredible Member

I must confess I’m more than frustrated with our current situation.

Not only we’ll have to wait for almost five months for betsy to show up again and conclude what she’s been doing for the past 2 years, but also we’ll remain locked with Howard’s stories which definetely have not engaged x-fans.

Or is it? Are the sales worth the current storytelling of the book?

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Even longer on Marvel Unlimited. Someone on here mentioned having spent thousands on Dawn Of X books, and I thought - yeah, I can't really justify that just to get to discuss the books as they first come out. I do alright, but y'know, I'm still a Yorkshireman and we're notorious for being tighter than a gnat's chuff.
    ha! that person is me!! i can show u the total lol i would say around 1500$ since house of x #1

He’s straight. It was just an out of nowhere girlfriend to just get fridged.
    You never know. "Make them gay" seems to be the answer on how to improve directionless characters these days and Colossus has been directionless for years (plus, he's gay in the Ultimate universe).

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean wasnt. I never got much of that vibe from him. Jubilee too
    Maybe that's the real reason she didn't survive his run

Mighty Member

You never know. "Make them gay" seems to be the answer on how to improve directionless characters these days and Colossus has been directionless for years (plus, he's gay in the Ultimate universe).
    I’m for it. It would explain him and Kate on again off again, with both being in the closet and finally realizing they’ve been fooling themselves. I enjoyed the Ultimate version for the most part.

For me, the Betsy/Rachel thing is just so out of nowhere. I know TH has been trying to set it up with “astral dog Rachel”, but it’s so flat and not believable.

I’m for it. It would explain him and Kate on again off again, with both being in the closet and finally realizing they’ve been fooling themselves. I enjoyed the Ultimate version for the most part.

For me, the Betsy/Rachel thing is just so out of nowhere. I know TH has been trying to set it up with “astral dog Rachel”, but it’s so flat and not believable.
    I wouldn't mind it either. Of all the male characters it makes the most sense for him to be in the closet.

And yeah, I'm not feeling the Betsy/Rachel thing.

Astonishing Member

It needs time to develop. Thus far it's only been Hellfire Gala and this current issue even hinting. But honestly if this was planned, starting at issue 26 with this is...not great, considering the rest of the run wasn't exactly overstuffed, but that's just Excalibur's pacing overall.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    It needs time to develop. Thus far it's only been Hellfire Gala and this current issue even hinting. But honestly if this was planned, starting at issue 26 with this is...not great, considering the rest of the run wasn't exactly overstuffed, but that's just Excalibur's pacing overall.
    The way Rachel is talking about Betsy is like she’s in love already. Let Rachel be the girl that falls in love with the wrong girl and then realizing she wants Kate. Kate is out there waiting for Rachel. Betsy doesn’t need to fall in love with Dino-Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    ha! that person is me!! i can show u the total lol i would say around 1500$ since house of x #1
    After that I checked how many individual Dawn Of X issues I've bought on Comixology since then and it's hundreds. Expensive hobby, innit?

Yeah, I think the problem with that is that being gay is not a personality trait, nor is it particularly a story arc. After being forcibly outed, Iceman mostly went back to being Blue Johnny Storm and no writers seem to want to do anything with him apart from for occasional casual ships or omega feats. Hulking and Wiccan's relationship is mostly them telling each other how much they love each other every other panel and kissing to scare the straights, but then I guess most comicbook relationships quickly become dull to read.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Yeah, I think the problem with that is that being gay is not a personality trait, nor is it particularly a story arc. After being forcibly outed, Iceman mostly went back to being Blue Johnny Storm and no writers seem to want to do anything with him apart from for occasional casual ships or omega feats. Hulking and Wiccan's relationship is mostly them telling each other how much they love each other every other panel and kissing to scare the straights, but then I guess most comicbook relationships quickly become dull to read.
    This, the problem w/ it is writers think it is in fact a personality trait.Which is what hurts the characters in retrospect