Page 109 of 110 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110 LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1644
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iatet View Post
    We have to remember comic book time, and our time are different. According to Marvel EVERYTHING that's happened, has been in the last 10 years of comic time. Which means, The mansion just got blown up last week, and Krakoa all happened on Tuesday.
    Before Marvel started fudging things. Betsy had only been in that body 4 to 5 years. Still in no way longer than she'd been in her original body. She was 30 when she joined, two years passed, then the new body, then the NU-new body, by Jaime. Then died a couple times, and back in a version of her former body.
    So It's only been a few years in universe.
    That right there is just garbage. Comic book time. There is no such thing.

The stories don’t have specific dates or time frames because the medium don’t allow it.

Basically, characters introduced in the 1960s should be dying off, and there’s really only so far can go with that unless you’re dealing with immortals or people who can use science or magic to halt and even reverse aging.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    That's why I really want to see more of Betsy and Tom because that was the most solid relationship I can think of for her. The way she felt him dying was so tragic and, in my head, that's why she hasn't had a truly stable relationship since.

They're magic together.
    I could definitely see this couple.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post

The stories don’t have specific dates or time frames because the medium don’t allow it.

Basically, characters introduced in the 1960s should be dying off, and there’s really only so far can go with that unless you’re dealing with immortals or people who can use science or magic to halt and even reverse aging.
    You haven't read a lot of comics, have you?

and...you clearly missed the point of the post.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I don’t have a problem with Betsy being bi. I like both Betsy/Tom and Betsy/Rachel, but prefer the former. Her chemistry with both characters is very sweet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    You haven't read a lot of comics, have you?

and...you clearly missed the point of the post.
    I’ve read many comics. Marvel writers and editors no longer attempt with explanations on Marvel time and hsbebmkt really since the 80s.

Screen Shot 2021-12-23 at 12.46.52 PM.jpg

Betsy commission someone recieved.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

Bets was in such a sweet spot during this short period, newly returned to her body. But she felt familiar and the opportunities for development were endless. This is also probably my favorite costume of hers and visually she was probably at her best power wise. I still see potential in her mantle as CB, I just don't think it's been flushed out as well as it could have been!

Yeah I wish we got more time in this era before she got insecure taking up the mantle of Captain Britian.

Looks nice. I hope to see it get colored.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Bets was in such a sweet spot during this short period, newly returned to her body. But she felt familiar and the opportunities for development were endless. This is also probably my favorite costume of hers and visually she was probably at her best power wise. I still see potential in her mantle as CB, I just don't think it's been flushed out as well as it could have been!
    Not nearly as well.

I completely agree! She felt and looked so amazing. The power set, the color scheme, her role in the stories. Now she feels só distant from her iconography and the X-Men. I hope the CB mantle does not last forever.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I completely agree! She felt and looked so amazing. The power set, the color scheme, her role in the stories. Now she feels só distant from her iconography and the X-Men. I hope the CB mantle does not last forever.
    I think once Knights of X is over they might change it out for something else. I get the feeling that after whatever Howard has planned for the Otherworld it might go untouched for a while.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post

It’s actually a legitimate thing in the Marvel universe. I don’t know if it’s Franklin Richards doing it anymore but it’s confirmed there is a Cosmic force in the Marvel universe that causes super powered characters and their supporting casts to age much slower than anyone else and ensures no one notices.

I agree. It was such a fun time to be a fan. I had been hoping for Betsy's original form to return for decades and was so excited when it finally happened. I'm glad she's still around, I'm just not loving the Captain Britain change. I would love for her to come back and just be called Betsy

I actually didn’t love the “Disassembled” design, but I agree it was a good time for Betsy to have a fresh start and the whole CB thing kind of took away from that. I’ve never liked her confusing TK powers so I kind of wished they took the opportunity to make her just full telepath but what’s done is done!

BANNED

The telekinesis is important to her power set as she can physically attack and physically defend herself, and increase her strength and create weapons that affect physical foes.

Notice you don’t really have plain telepaths anymore in te field because all you have to do is send robots and their dead. Even Emma Frost and her daughters have their diamond forms. Xavier these days with cerebro helmet uses telekinesis.

She’s amazing as Captain Britain and her Otherworld duties make her very different from say Emma Frost or Jean Grey.