Page 110 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110
Results 1,636 to 1,644 of 1644
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well again the body that Kwannon now resides in is part Betsy and part Kwannon, unless when Jamie Braddock created it he put it all back to Betsy's dna or something crazy like that but kept the more Asian look to it...or just do it that every time that she'd die she would go from one body to the other for a crazy bit...
    It’s all Kwannon. Her body. Marvel simply ignored huge parts of 90s continuity. They basically said Kwannon was in her body all along,

When was it always Kwannon’s body? Is this post Claremont/Nicieza stories? Because it’s always been body swap body merge. And Jamie Braddock just repaired the body that she was in when Vargas killed her.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    It’s all Kwannon. Her body. Marvel simply ignored huge parts of 90s continuity. They basically said Kwannon was in her body all along,
    No. It's part Betsy. It was made for Betts by Jamie and given telekinesis. Also, psychic immunity that eventually faded away.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

BANNED

Sinister killed her and she got resurrected. It’s definitely all Kwannon now.

Read the Hellions. Marvel is sneaky like that. There is no longer any merged body and there is no longer any body created by Jamie Braddock. Sinister killed that body. Psylocke gained telekinesis somehow from Jean. Jamie never gave her that power.
    Last edited by WallStreeter; 12-26-2021 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Sinister killed her and she got resurrected. It’s definitely all Kwannon now.
    This is actually the best thing ever happened to Kwannon. Finally being back to her original body after being resurrected. Now they need to separate Bety's signatures from her (butterfly, purple hair, etc).

As for Betsy, while I appreciate Marvel intention for a new direction for Betsy, the execution was left to be desired. Her CB power is still confusing. Her best moments were when she's not in her Cap Britain suit eg: Beating Arthur with her own power.

I miss non-Captain Britain Betsy. I realy hope the series will evolve to something like Captain Britain & MI:13 or maybe Captain Britain & STRIKE, where she can operate with her former STRIKE members and be Agent Betsy alternating with ther duties as Captain Britain.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I actually didn’t love the “Disassembled” design, but I agree it was a good time for Betsy to have a fresh start and the whole CB thing kind of took away from that. I’ve never liked her confusing TK powers so I kind of wished they took the opportunity to make her just full telepath but what’s done is done!
    As a fan of Elizabeth Braddock as Psylocke before and after the body swap. It was the best I could have asked for in a compromise, unique psionic visuals, telepathic butterfly, fighting skills, and a sweet costume that combined all the elements of who she was before with who she was becoming. I can't lie, for me it was a treat and that costume with those visuals would look kickass on the big screen.

What I hope to see in the future is what the CB mantle mean for her powers I'm not exactly clear on what she's gained, and a better more consistently incorporation of her powers and abilities with the CB power up!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    This is actually the best thing ever happened to Kwannon. Finally being back to her original body after being resurrected. Now they need to separate Bety's signatures from her (butterfly, purple hair, etc).

As for Betsy, while I appreciate Marvel intention for a new direction for Betsy, the execution was left to be desired. Her CB power is still confusing. Her best moments were when she's not in her Cap Britain suit eg: Beating Arthur with her own power.

I miss non-Captain Britain Betsy. I realy hope the series will evolve to something like Captain Britain & MI:13 or maybe Captain Britain & STRIKE, where she can operate with her former STRIKE members and be Agent Betsy alternating with ther duties as Captain Britain.
    Kwannon’s hair is Black. Only Betsy has purple hair. I totally agree with you this is best thing to happen to Kwannon.

I think after they retake the citadel, we will see a lot more MI:13. I don’t think we will see her as an agent though.

I was re-reading XoS and started playing Soul Calibur again just so I could make a lil Capt. Betsy. (Imagine the bow is a X)

I know y’all don’t be digging it all the time but I still think her as CB is cool as hell. There’s just so much potential in Otherworld and British spy antics and all that. Oooh and the Corps. The introspective character work that could come from Betsy getting a hard talking to from herself would be everything. I really just want her to duel wield the starlight and tk swords.

Omg she’s like the X-Men’s psychic Thor.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 12-27-2021 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    Exactly. If Marvel wants more people to root for Betts as CB then someone needs to stop writing as if the title is an albatross around her neck.

I don’t have a problem with her being Captain Britain and I agree with Celestialbodies that it still has potential. It’s the seemingly endless hatchet job execution that’s beyond dissappointing.