Page 15 of 110 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    she filled up the skies and the lighthouse in purple, are you srs upset about that
    I said it was a shame. And why shouldn’t I be bothered by it? If you have them together why shouldn’t Betsy be able to keep her signature color? That’s my opinion.

Though I can’t tell if that’s her butterfly when Kwannon and her take down those guards. At least that’s a step. Though it just leaves more questions. This issue does.

BANNED

Tini has said the seperation was hurried(podcast), so betsy like in a breakup, left things at kwannon's house.
    it's very interesting that the moment she meets a kwannon those traits start to come back to the surface, with 616's kwannon it's time to properly adress it, the Purple star and the butterfly in the astral plane page in the issue before this one, it's a very visualy apealing set of aesthetics to me.
    Last edited by Ferro; 01-27-2021 at 12:28 PM.

Mighty Member

I wonder if the purple starlight will be her new signature
    Last edited by Rnap22; 01-27-2021 at 12:34 PM.

BANNED

she already had the butterfly scope/eye signature in the astral projection/captain brittain scenes that references the issue betsy defeats sabertooth in a pink dress

I really enjoyed this issue, specially reading a second time where I skipped the Akkaba related pages. The twist with the reveal of Kwannon was great!

I think, like many, that it is a good appetizer to the real deal coming soon. I hope it is properly addressed.

I kind of wanted the issue to spend more time on Betsy in the alternate universe, maybe showcasing more how our Betsy is as capable as Kwannon in stealth missions. I think the infiltration should have been harder and we could have done it by spending less time with the Akkaba plot that felt very much like page filler.

I agree her TP bubbles should have been purple and Kwannon's another color but hey, they did look amazing together. Both fighting and using telepathy.

I still don't like the art though. Specially when Betsy looks worried (which is A LOT in this book as whole), because she looks kind of silly.

But hey, bring it on...now I want her to face real Warren and Kwannon with all she quickly faced here.
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 01-27-2021 at 08:42 PM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Very excited to see more Kwannon/Betsy in this book down the line. I've always been really intrigued by stuff Tini has said in interviews about Betsy's relationship with her body after all that happened and I think in particular the thought about only having been with Warren in Kwannon's body was super interesting and something I want to see explored more.

I was so disappointed when Kwannon popped up bc I was like UGH! the covers were misleading and its just an AU version she will link up to. I was pleasantly surprised to have Betsy back in 616 at the end and know that we are actually gonna get the confrontation

So is anyone going to make a new "Excalibur #17" thread?

Mighty Member

Is this really Betsy’s body? Kwannon made the off handed comment about her “wearing other skins is a habit.”
    I could take that as her just taking the Queen B’s spot or that the Queen B’s psyche is floating around and Betsy is in her body. Betsy’s body was shattered in XoS so it’s a possibility. Plus with Jamie asking Sinister to clone a new Betsy and an invisible guest on Krakoa it would all mesh together.

What was up with the tea cup?

At this point, drop this Clan Akkaba crap. They’re so lame it’s hard to take it seriously. So the Braddocks go missing and then all of the sudden they think the property is theirs? Uh...ok.

Is that actually Betsy back in 616 though or is that Queen Betsy.

I'm really going to be annoyed if we just get Betsy interacting with altenate versions of Kwannon.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Is that actually Betsy back in 616 though or is that Queen Betsy.

I'm really going to be annoyed if we just get Betsy interacting with altenate versions of Kwannon.
    A part of me wants to think it’s our Betsy, but she’s in a nightgown and that’s not how she left. I would guess that’s how the Queen left her bed.

I really just hope.. I actually I don’t even know what I hope for. No more alt versions of Betsy or Kwannon? No more of Jamie’s alt X-men CB’s. No more Coven Akkaba.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    A part of me wants to think it’s our Betsy, but she’s in a nightgown and that’s not how she left. I would guess that’s how the Queen left her bed.

I really just hope.. I actually I don’t even know what I hope for. No more alt versions of Betsy or Kwannon? No more of Jamie’s alt X-men CB’s. No more Coven Akkaba.
    It’s easier to change a writer than his lame storytelling.....just saying
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    It’s easier to change a writer than his lame storytelling.....just saying
    I wish they would change writers.

I guess Tini is throwing any sense of continuity out of the window at this point. Alt Kwannon not only has telepathy but also Betsy's butterfly despite never experiencing the bodyswap? Mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I guess Tini is throwing any sense of continuity out of the window at this point. Alt Kwannon not only has telepathy but also Betsy's butterfly despite never experiencing the bodyswap? Mess.
    That's what bugged me in this issue. Not only Kwannon has the purple buble, but also the butterfly. This version of Betsy which never been swapped/merged/recombined with Kwannon should've still had the buttefly signature.

Tho I think it's also Marcus To's idea to draw the butterfly for Kwannon.

Marvel should differentiate Psylocke-Kwannon with Betsy. Kwannon should only use the psy knife and Betsy retain her butterfly effect.

I also think the butterfly should indicate the symbol of her fairy/otherworld heritage.

As for Excalibur #17, I love seeing Betsy in a sleek costume while kicking some ass. And as mentioned by other posters, I wonder if the Betsy returned to the lighthouse is our Betsy or Queen Betsy.

Looking forward to seeing the Betsy-Kwannon dynamics in future issues.