Page 16 of 110 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I guess Tini is throwing any sense of continuity out of the window at this point. Alt Kwannon not only has telepathy but also Betsy's butterfly despite never experiencing the bodyswap? Mess.
    It was an alternate reality. You dont know what this Kwannon's history is beyond what was done here. This Kwannon is a blank slate and essentially a new character. Thats not a mess bc there is no previous continuity as this wasnt 616. Do you think its a continuity mess that Betsy is queen and Kwannon is Warren's ex wife bc those things never happened in 616 either

BANNED

Betsy's butterfly bein missing is a story, everytime she has a breaktrough the shape starts to take form but in a shaky/incomplet way, Tini howard spoke about it in the cerebro podcast episode about saturnyne, that the butterfly missing is meant to be questioned and it's a story, she used the metaphor that the seperation of the two "psylockes" was like a rushed breakup, where betsy left some things at her old "house".

The moment she gets close to a kwannon, not even ours, the words stealth/killer are brought back to the surface, it's very much intended!
    the situation that lead to her becoming a shaky captain brittain was chosing to go with brian into a trap to avoid kwannon, then in her drive to take the title that is hers she was fragmented and recreated the captain corps at HER image, hence destroying the parameters, or the "idea of a captain brittain, she was trying to live up too as SHE IS the very concept of a captain brittain now.

The pieces are coming together QUITE nicely

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Betsy's butterfly bein missing is a story, everytime she has a breaktrough the shape starts to take form but in a shaky/incomplet way, Tini howard spoke about it in the cerebro podcast episode about saturnyne, that the butterfly missing is meant to be questioned and it's a story, she used the metaphor that the seperation of the two "psylockes" was like a rushed breakup, where betsy left some things at her old "house".

The moment she gets close to a kwannon, not even ours, the words stealth/killer are brought back to the surface, it's very much intended!
    She became a shaky captain brittain by chosing to avoid kwannon, then in her drive to take the title that is hers she was fragmented and recreated the captain corps at HER image, hence destroying the parameters, or the "idea of a captain brittain, she was trying to live up too as SHE IS the very concept of a captain brittain now.

The pieces are coming together QUITE nicely
    If you ask me the pieces are coming together at a snail's pace and the execution it's quite messy, there better be some worthy development at the end of this but somehow I doubt it.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I just really hope we aren't getting Betsy meeting different alt universe Kwannon's.

Because I'm really thinking thats Queen Betsy at the end of this issue.

And the next 2 issues show Kwannon appearing BUT will it be our 616 Kwannon.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I just really hope we aren't getting Betsy meeting different alt universe Kwannon's.

Because I'm really thinking thats Queen Betsy at the end of this issue.

And the next 2 issues show Kwannon appearing BUT will it be our 616 Kwannon.
    I think it will be our Kwannon...what I worry now is that Betsy will be our Betsy.

It would be very frustrating if the whole next issues Queen Betsy it's in 616's body and our Betsy is the psychic "presence" on Krakoa.

I sure do hope our gal gets to be the one in issues 19 and 20 fighting alongside Kwannon.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

It was such a missed opportunity, to NOT have Bets in this costume alongside Kwannon:

Like she already can't have the butterfly can she at least have some taste? UGH!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    It was such a missed opportunity, to NOT have Bets in this costume alongside Kwannon:

Like she already can't have the butterfly can she at least have some taste? UGH!!
    Sometimes this costume looks so bad and sometimes it looks sooood good. There was always something off (proportion wise) to me. Certain artists made it look great.

I miss her in her purple. I’d love to see her bounce back between stuff for Krakoa in a purple/pink outfit and CB stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Sometimes this costume looks so bad and sometimes it looks sooood good. There was always something off (proportion wise) to me. Certain artists made it look great.

I miss her in her purple. I’d love to see her bounce back between stuff for Krakoa in a purple/pink outfit and CB stuff.
    I’ve never seen it look bad, but it usually looks just fine. Very few artists make me really love it. Something about how wide the neckline is and the way the purple and pink extend far into the thighs, makes the costume look vaguely clunky. I totally agree about missing her in purple and was also hoping we’d see more of her alternating between the CB and something else. So beyond sick of the CB costume.

Yay or nay? I kind of dig it. Artist: ivmatilla on IG.

Screen Shot 2021-01-29 at 8.52.10 AM.jpg

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    I’ve never seen it look bad, but it usually looks just fine. Very few artists make me really love it. Something about how wide the neckline is and the way the purple and pink extend far into the thighs, makes the costume look vaguely clunky. I totally agree about missing her in purple and was also hoping we’d see more of her alternating between the CB and something else. So beyond sick of the CB costume.
    I hated it when it debuted. I think it was the art in Mystery in Madripoor. In looked so bad.

Mighty Member

Yay. This looks good. I wouldn’t hate this if she Stuck with this if she left being CB

I like it. It has a better color scheme and is a lot less busy looking that the real CB costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I hated it when it debuted. I think it was the art in Mystery in Madripoor. In looked so bad.
    I think I was just ambivalent towards it when it debuted, but yeah, that was probably when it looked it’s worst. Now I’m like, “It’s pretty, but it’s not my favorite.”

Nay. The armored shoulder pads seem unnecessary without any other form of armor on her, the cape feels awkward, and the boots don't need to be that high. It gives off the vibe of the Mystery in Madripoor suit but with a prominent x across it.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Hel Nay!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I approve! Looks instantly better than her current CB one
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah