Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 417
  1. #16
    Astonishing Member CGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    January 27 I believe.

  2. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    January 27 I believe.
    Thank you :-)


    On another subject, I don't know if any of you collect toys, but The Fwoosh is doing their annual Top Ten Official vote for Marvel Legends and the Hasbro team always keep an eye on it and check many figures on the winners list.

    So if you want to see more Betsy toys being made, let's vote! We already have a 90's version and an Opeña suit. They stated at one point that they intend on re-releasing all the 90's X-Men in the Vintage cards with some upgrades, so the chances are high on getting a better version of the Jim Lee Psylocke.

    But there are still so many versions of her we could get; and although I voted for the Disassembled look, I would take all of them: Mutant Massacre, Outback Armor, Captain Britain...

    note: although we can only vote for one versions of each character, every vote counts and Betsy is always highly voted...let's bring her back to the top ten!

    heres the link:http://thefwoosh.com/2020/12/officia...op-ten-vote-3/

    here are the two versions we have already of her:

    Psylocke.jpg
    Psylocke.jpg
    A picture would last longer darling...

  3. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well again the body that Kwannon now resides in is part Betsy and part Kwannon, unless when Jamie Braddock created it he put it all back to Betsy's dna or something crazy like that but kept the more Asian look to it...or just do it that every time that she'd die she would go from one body to the other for a crazy bit...
    Kwannon died in Hellions and was resurrected with the Protocols. She's fully herself now. No Betsy DNA and no Spiral's or Jamie's meddling.

  4. #19
    Astonishing Member CGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Now that I'm thinking about it. Since HoXPoX was such a hit and had so many eyes on it. Betsy and Kwannon should have been on that Orchis mission. Or maybe just Betsy.

    And she dies, as of course all the other X-Men did and then that reveal where they all the X-Men get bought back would have made people go absolutely nuts.

    We'd be like who are these TWO female characters. And Storm introduces them as the soul sister returned to their original bodies.

    Betsy and Kwannon.

    Betsy would have been like "I am finally the totality of myself i look ravishing in goo"

    Kwannon would have said something Kwannon-y.

    We would have gotten a scene with them at the celebration staring at fireworks together and then walking away from eachother because they need space and to figure out their paths moving forward.

    It would have been epic and iconic. I don't care what you say.

    I think doing it in a random Wolverine mini series was still one of the most awful ideas.

    They should have gotten their own mini if not been in the HoXPoX mini.

  5. #20
    Incredible Member MetalPsyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Kwannon died in Hellions and was resurrected with the Protocols. She's fully herself now. No Betsy DNA and no Spiral's or Jamie's meddling.
    It sorta depends on which DNA template the Five used in resurrecting her? I'm sure Sinister have a collection of Betsy's bodies DNA as well as Kwannon's DNA.
    Well I'm sure Marvel just disregards previous Betys's bodies modifications/meddlings.

    I still think Kwannon's back in Psylocke's skin (Betsy previous body/looks + costume + power signature) is a mistake if they want to carry on the Psylocke legacy.
    Maybe she'll have a new codename/costume in the future; but right now reading Hellions I see Kwannon as a shadow of (previous) Betsy.

  6. #21
    Mighty Member Kingdom X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    1,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Now that I'm thinking about it. Since HoXPoX was such a hit and had so many eyes on it. Betsy and Kwannon should have been on that Orchis mission. Or maybe just Betsy.

    And she dies, as of course all the other X-Men did and then that reveal where they all the X-Men get bought back would have made people go absolutely nuts.

    We'd be like who are these TWO female characters. And Storm introduces them as the soul sister returned to their original bodies.

    Betsy and Kwannon.

    Betsy would have been like "I am finally the totality of myself i look ravishing in goo"

    Kwannon would have said something Kwannon-y.

    We would have gotten a scene with them at the celebration staring at fireworks together and then walking away from eachother because they need space and to figure out their paths moving forward.

    It would have been epic and iconic. I don't care what you say.

    I think doing it in a random Wolverine mini series was still one of the most awful ideas.

    They should have gotten their own mini if not been in the HoXPoX mini.
    *Chef’s kiss*

  7. #22
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    It sorta depends on which DNA template the Five used in resurrecting her? I'm sure Sinister have a collection of Betsy's bodies DNA as well as Kwannon's DNA.
    Well I'm sure Marvel just disregards previous Betys's bodies modifications/meddlings.
    That would unnecesarily complicate things but regardless, the body Kwannon currently is in is hers. Betsy has never resided in this

  8. #23
    Incredible Member MetalPsyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That would unnecesarily complicate things but regardless, the body Kwannon currently is in is hers. Betsy has never resided in this
    Sure. It's a newly "produced" body after all.

    The next storyline of Excalibur is going to revolve around Betsy's body (not again). What do you guys think about what happened in XOS? Is her (newly self construct) body really destroyed/shattered?

    Is she becoming a "Shadow" Queen now since she's inhabiting alternate Betsy-Queen Elizabeth III body?

  9. #24
    Astonishing Member Ferro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    3,696

    Default

    Not sure but the fact her mindspace had her versions troughout the multiverse in it makes me interested on the possibilities.|
    Crisis in infinite betsy's has been a blast so far

  10. #25
    Astonishing Member CGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    A fellas gotta ask: is Betsy boring and bland under Tini Howard’s direction?

    She lost her mystery/sexiness/edge/attitude IMO you don’t have to agree.

    I guess TH wants her in a stage where she’s finding herself yet again. Insecure I suppose.

    But I feel like she is ready be bad ass and confident again.

    Especially after the many times she’s stated she knows who she is and what she stands for.

    I’m intrigued by these next 3 Excalibur issues though.

    I hope TH can turn this around.

  11. #26
    Astonishing Member Ferro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    3,696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    A fellas gotta ask: is Betsy boring and bland under Tini Howard’s direction?

    She lost her mystery/sexiness/edge/attitude IMO you don’t have to agree.

    I guess TH wants her in a stage where she’s finding herself yet again. Insecure I suppose.

    But I feel like she is ready be bad ass and confident again.

    Especially after the many times she’s stated she knows who she is and what she stands for.

    I’m intrigued by these next 3 Excalibur issues though.

    I hope TH can turn this around.
    edgy and attitude I feel she has shown pretty violent tendencies and stood her ground several times, but I agree she's normally a bit more mysterious/silent confidence but we know it's by story/choice, rogue points it out and even she herself in exca 13 that it's much easier for her to be sneaky/manipulative and in the shadows, but she's a leader now so she has to lead as a captain brittain should.

    She wanted it, she adapted to it , she claimed it, of course Saturnyne pulled the rug from under her.

    But now like saturnyne created the sword to pratically step all over the paradigms of roma and merlyn, Betsy's power and the sheer twist of fate made it so she's redefining what it means to be captain brittain, SHE IS the corp, she is only bound to a council of herself.
    Wich means there's no paradigm, NO image to live up that she consistently strived to be, because SHE IS the image from wich infinite captain brittain's came from.

  12. #27
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    4,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well again the body that Kwannon now resides in is part Betsy and part Kwannon, unless when Jamie Braddock created it he put it all back to Betsy's dna or something crazy like that but kept the more Asian look to it...or just do it that every time that she'd die she would go from one body to the other for a crazy bit...
    Part of the point of Fraction's "Sisterhood" arc was to undo Nicieza's blended-body mess (unless I completely missed something). There's been two distinct bodies (1 Japanese, 1 British) for awhile now.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

    The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  13. #28
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    4,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Random thought, but I feel like it was such a missed opportunity to have Betsy's return to her original body happen right before HoX in a random miniseries.

    If she had died in this era and needed to be resurrected we could have seen people struggle with which body to bring her back in and they could've addressed the issue head on.
    That Mystery in Madripoor mini was a complete waste of paper, time, and money. I can't believe such a game-changing event was used as the B-plot in what was already a 4-issue filler, destined for the quarter bins... *smh*
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

    The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  14. #29
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,401

    Default

    Which shows that Marvel gave her no real thought beyond putting her in a British body and thinking that would solve everything...it hasn't...

  15. #30
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    11,878

    Default

    They probably just wanted to do it ASAP because of Cebulki's controversy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •