Page 3 of 110 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

If Kwannon was resurrected with her original DNA then how can she still have Betsy's powers? The writers aren't even trying.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    If Kwannon was resurrected with her original DNA then how can she still have Betsy's powers? The writers aren't even trying.
    My only guess would be her dna was taken in this body, which was resurrected by Jamie. I’m sure they didn’t have a sample of her dna before Krakoa.

That's what I thought as well. Now they resurrected her it's even ridiculous that she still have Betsy's power. They missed that chance of enhancing her original empathy power to a near Betsy's level of telepathy by not getting her killed on Ameth.

What's Betsy's character thread now? She's unsure of herself and her body? Groundbreaking.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yronheart View Post
    What's Betsy's character thread now? She's unsure of herself and her body? Groundbreaking.
    no her thread is that her power was strong enough to bring back THE ENTIRE corps and take over saturnyne's spell, but Betsy Prime is missing now and the possibilities are quite fun and refreshing.
    unsure of herself and her body it's pretty much 80 % of Kwannon!betsy, especially the many tears in rememders run

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Random thought, but I feel like it was such a missed opportunity to have Betsy's return to her original body happen right before HoX in a random miniseries.

If she had died in this era and needed to be resurrected we could have seen people struggle with which body to bring her back in and they could've addressed the issue head on.
    Eh, Betsy reconstructing herself in her own terms is a much more stronger character moment than having other people decide what do with her body (again)

this was explained in HOX. The Five can bring the mutants back to their peak optimal conditions and can also do so with enhancements. This is likely what happened with Kwannon

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    this was explained in HOX. The Five can bring the mutants back to their peak optimal conditions and can also do so with enhancements. This is likely what happened with Kwannon
    assuming that’s true then Kwannon is not very coherent for someone wanting to be herself once more, picking and choosing elements from Betsy life down to the genetics not to mention her name as if she were some kind of customization package......
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    assuming that’s true then Kwannon is not very coherent for someone wanting to be herself once more, picking and choosing elements from Betsy life down to the genetics not to mention her name as if she were some kind of customization package......
    She died and was brought back; she didnt have a choice in that. Besides even if she did, can you blame her? To go from having TP/TK to not would probably be crippling and considering her role in Hellions, its in the best interest that she is equipped with that

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She died and was brought back; she didnt have a choice in that. Besides even if she did, can you blame her? To go from having TP/TK to not would probably be crippling and considering her role in Hellions, its in the best interest that she is equipped with that
    Somehow despite the fallen angels issues it looks like any tk she may had is kinda gone in hellions, now that I think about it she is not using much power at all, just the occasional psyknife....
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Somehow despite the fallen angels issues it looks like any tk she may had is kinda gone in hellions, now that I think about it she is not using much power at all, just the occasional psyknife....
    You're right. She did presumably use TP to communicate with Magneto in the current issue though

Send in your questions for AITP. TH will be there for next Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    no her thread is that her power was strong enough to bring back THE ENTIRE corps and take over saturnyne's spell, but Betsy Prime is missing now and the possibilities are quite fun and refreshing.
    unsure of herself and her body it's pretty much 80 % of Kwannon!betsy, especially the many tears in rememders run
    And yet Remender's run remains a high point for Betsy. There's been over a year now for the writers to try and convince us of this new direction and its been a damp squib.

Does anyone have recollection of all the times Betsy realized who she was and came to terms with what she went through.

Basically all her moments of self actualization.

I need it for my question.

I know that she definitely had that moment during her mini series.

And I believe she also had a moment after the body swap and Madripoor adventures with Logan.

And also another time when Revanche first dies.

And are there any on panel refererences?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Does anyone have recollection of all the times Betsy realized who she was and came to terms with what she went through.

Basically all her moments of self actualization.

I need it for my question.

I know that she definitely had that moment during her mini series.

And I believe she also had a moment after the body swap and Madripoor adventures with Logan.

And also another time when Revanche first dies.

And are there any on panel refererences?
    In her mini

After her ressurection. After she had a mind trip in the astral plane while a prisioner in the x-jet