Page 36 of 110 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psigal View Post
    I agree. Psylocke's/Betsy's fans are like living in their own dream and bubble. They keep thinking something great would happen to the character but only disappointment has come one by one. I especially feel sorry for those 80s fans that they have been following the character for like 40 years but she still remains B to C list...Betsy is such a laughing stock but so does her fans and sad to be one.
    you understand that in this massive list of issues, they are all born from the fact betsy's character history wasnt the focus, nay , wasn't EVEN A FACTOR when writers picked her, sexy ninja from capcom games that sells covers was the main factor, hence why so many writers would use her with atrocious characterization and story decisions.
    There's a reason it all went downhill after claremont left, he cared about her character, everyone else cared about her looks.

the moment zeb wells leaves the same thing will happen to kwannon ALLL OVER again, because she doesnt even have any story to grab onto to AND she's a legacy character.
    Last edited by Ferro; 03-10-2021 at 11:29 PM.

Mighty Member

Wow. This was extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    What is the biggest slap on our faces, regarding betsy’s publication story?
    2-Being the only x-men character left out of Age of Apocalypse with absolutely no reason for that
    This one is pretty easy to explain. If we consider that AoA changed everything - because Xavier never formed the X-Men. Stands to reason that Betsy may have never been found - and could have been stuck in Mojoworld.
    Because Siege would have never happened (probably) - and thus, Betsy would have - even if she was with the X-Men - landed in Kwannon's body.
    She would have been the "proper British mutant" - who undoubtedly, in an "Age of Apocalypse" where only the strong survive - back then - might have been killed before she ever got her footing.
    Because she was always a pretty passive action person (before the "Ninja Betsy" happened).
    The time lines was obviously quite messed up - because we had people like John Proudstar still alive.

We could have maybe got a footnote somewhere as to what happened to Betsy - but there's a good chance, none of the X-Men may have ever got to know her. There was no Excalibur (Well, I mean as in a 616 type team with like Captain Britain - that I remember) in AoA who might have been able to say something.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Damn. That's crazy that some of y'all think liking your favorite character is such a task lol.

Betsy is everything. Remember when she was eating with the curly hair? Iconic.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Damn. That's crazy that some of y'all think liking your favorite character is such a task lol.

Yes. The ladies trip to the mall was great. I love she still had the curly hair when she went to check up on “Carol” in Rogue’s body.

I can’t remember, but did real Carol and Betsy ever interact? I think it would be interesting to see that since Betsy has known Carol in an unconventional way.

BANNED

Sorta want a return of this!!
    how elektra is currently drawn, volumous/wavy is a serve BUT the curls need to make a return

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Yes. The ladies trip to the mall was great. I love she still had the curly hair when she went to check up on “Carol” in Rogue’s body.

I can’t remember, but did real Carol and Betsy ever interact? I think it would be interesting to see that since Betsy has known Carol in an unconventional way.
    I don't think they ever actually have! She also dealt with the "ghost" Carol that Wolvie was seeing when they were running around Madripoor together right after the swap.
    I still think it would be nice for Rogue and Betsy to have a sit down moment about body swaps and mind melding mess. They've never been the closest of the group but if that's the narrative Tini wants to sell us in Excalibur then I'd like to see them actually bonding.

Do you guys think the Betsy/Rachel relationship may actually happen? I've always been an advocate for bisexual Betsy but idk if I want her slumming it with Rachel. Though Betsy does have questionable tastes so it's on brand.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

As a fan of the character, I've never had any "slap in the face" moments. I had moments when I questioned the writer's intent for her...as with Claremont's Xtreme XM and the Crimson Dawn era but generally I've been quite pleased and entertained over the years and even now with her place in Excalibur as CB.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Do you guys think the Betsy/Rachel relationship may actually happen? I've always been an advocate for bisexual Betsy but idk if I want her slumming it with Rachel. Though Betsy does have questionable tastes so it's on brand.
    not for me. I can accept everything if well written, but Betsy never stroke as bi for me, specially with Rachel. I would prefer her alone or with a annoying guy like Pete Wisdom.
    A picture would last longer darling...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    not for me. I can accept everything if well written, but Betsy never stroke as bi for me, specially with Rachel. I would prefer her alone or with a annoying guy like Pete Wisdom.
    tbh im the oposite, i read her as very much bi in that outback era, in my headcanon she was 100 % giving ororo some backrubs

Mighty Member

I don't think they ever actually have! She also dealt with the "ghost" Carol that Wolvie was seeing when they were running around Madripoor together right after the swap.
    I still think it would be nice for Rogue and Betsy to have a sit down moment about body swaps and mind melding mess. They've never been the closest of the group but if that's the narrative Tini wants to sell us in Excalibur then I'd like to see them actually bonding.
    Yes! Almost forgot about that.

I mean if you’re going to have that cast then that’s what should happen. Did they ever touch on Rogue getting revenge for Betsy’s death against Vargas? I think small touches like that show us that the X-men are still family and friends instead of telling us. They both have gone through manipulations.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Same. As a gay guy, I grow so tired of everyone wanting the women all bi. Sounds like straight male fantasy stuff. Men and women can have close interaction and flirting with the same sex and not have any romantic feeling for each other. Even though she had a little fling with Cluster, I still don’t think that made her “bi” as that was still a part of Fantomex. So it’s really just an aspect of what made her fall for him. Maybe that was the Kwannon part of her that wanted cluster (haha I’m kidding)

Heteros are gross. Let my sister dabble!

I’d actually be more offended by the Pete Wisdom relationship happening lol. I don’t get the chemistry or appeal of that one at all. Actually, bring back Neal. He deserves another shot.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Same. As a gay guy, I grow so tired of everyone wanting the women all bi. Sounds like straight male fantasy stuff. Men and women can have close interaction and flirting with the same sex and not have any romantic feeling for each other.
    OHMYGODYES! And the people who want all the women bi are the same people who disintegrate at the slightest hint when it's done to a male character. Ugh.

I don't want Betsy in any romantic stuff. I want her to be fully realized as a character before that happens.