Page 38 of 110 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    If the artist wasn’t rushed this would have come out so much better.

Also why is Betsy insecure about her body?

Attachment 107180
    I absolutely ADORED that flashback to Betsy's spy days in the early X-Treme X-Men, with Betsy infiltrating the Hellfire Club and ultimately getting turned away by Tessa. You could definitely see that Claremont was hinting at his plan to resurrect Betsy in her original body, showcasing she was sexy, capable and dangerous even in her early days as a STRIKE agent.

PS. I forgot to comment - unfortunately people can look amazing and still feel insecure about their appearance. Someone who works as a model and is constantly judged by the way their body looks even moreso.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I absolutely ADORED that flashback to Betsy's spy days in the early X-Treme X-Men, with Betsy infiltrating the Hellfire Club and ultimately getting turned away by Tessa. You could definitely see that Claremont was hinting at his plan to resurrect Betsy in her original body, showcasing she was sexy, capable and dangerous even in her early days as a STRIKE agent.

PS. I forgot to comment - unfortunately people can look amazing and still feel insecure about their appearance. Someone who works as a model and is constantly judged by the way their body looks even moreso.
    Yeah youre right. It popped into my head right after I posted.

BANNED

Yeah youre right. It popped into my head right after I posted.
    it's canon she had an eating disorder too.

From Age of X-Man?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post

Then that would have been a retcon of when the two met during Nicieza's run on X-men before Scott and Jean's wedding, as Betsy would have recognized her and probably had something to say...

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Then that would have been a retcon of when the two met during Nicieza's run on X-men before Scott and Jean's wedding, as Betsy would have recognized her and probably had something to say...
    To be fair, pretty much everything about Tessa was a retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Psigal, what are your thoughts on Lady Britain from the Otherworld UXF arc?
    I think it is a good moment in the past. Much like Betsy has become an Omega mutant after the 295 Jean unlocked her potential but she is no longer considered as one now. And also, she is no longer the badass Asian ninja when she returned to her original body and has performed so bad as Captain Britain(she can remain badass but she didn't under Tini's writing). Betsy in recent years has only received major downgrade(include her personality) but not much of an upgrade(where is her CB power besides flying?).

So, if there is inconsistency of a character between the present and past, I can only consider the present Betsy is what she has become. And in Excalibur, she has suffered from great regression like she is a totally new character and got manipulated around without a mind of her own. And it is sad to see that.
    Last edited by Psigal; 03-12-2021 at 08:40 PM.

If the artist wasn’t rushed this would have come out so much better.

Also why is Betsy insecure about her body?
    I think Betsy actually wants to born as male than female if you look at how she was described when she was child(like to play with sword and hate wearing dresses).

Maybe the next time she lose her body, she can create a male version of her body and become the first transgender character in Marvel? I think it can draw a lot of attention and increase her popularity.

Many little girls grow up as tom boys.

I don’t think it necessarily means they want to be boys. Actually it doesn’t at all.

Also Betsy is superior to men. That’s all I’ll say about that.

Also Betsy was never an omega level mutant.

The writer stated in an article that she was an omega telepath. Which probably just means top tier telepath since there’s never been any other clarification.

I don’t really get why people need her to be omega level.

It doesn’t add anything to her character. She was bad ass without that label associated with her.
    Last edited by CGAR; 03-13-2021 at 12:38 AM.

BANNED

From Age of X-Man?
    im pretty sure that wasn't a new thing but already somewhat established but im not sure where I will research it.

Many little girls grow up as tom boys.

I don’t think it necessarily means they want to be boys. Actually it doesn’t at all.

Also Betsy is superior to men. That’s all I’ll say about that.
    If Betsy can think normally, she wouldn't feel insecure of her body in the first place and you wouldn't need to ask why, lol.

The thing is if it is something that has affected a person when he or she was a child, it is gonna to haunt him or her for the rest of the life if the problem doesn't get resolved.

I thought after being in Kwannon's body, the issue should already be gone when Betsy returned to her original body and learnt 'female body' can just become as strong as man or even stronger. But in Age Of X, it seems this problem is being brought up again.

To me, it feels more like the writer is trying to reflect her own issue on Betsy. I don't want to say this but it is more like the two female writers(Leah and Tini) are holding Betsy back in order talk about the female issues they wanted to tell and brought Betsy into this miserable status in Excalibur.

Also Betsy was never an omega level mutant.

The writer stated in an article that she was an omega telepath. Which probably just means top tier telepath since there’s never been any other clarification.

I don’t really get why people need her to be omega level.

It doesn’t add anything to her character. She was bad ass without that label associated with her.
    Being an omega telepath should just equal to omega mutant. Much like current Jean which is only an omega telepath, she is considered as omega mutant.

Betsy should be qualified as one in the past but Marvel probably don't want to make omega mutant being 'cheap' so they restricted the requirement and a lot of mutants are no longer considered as omega afterwards.

It is true that you don't need to be an omega mutant to show powerful feats but being one can guarantee it. Or you can see Betsy's telepathy is reduced its usage for communication only in Excalibur after she isn't listed as omega mutant. And I doubt she will show powerful telepathy feat again as Captain Britain.
    Last edited by Psigal; 03-13-2021 at 02:04 AM.

I don't think Betsy really needs to be Omega level, she should be powerful but not at Xavier/Jean levels. I've always preferred when she used her telepathy for misdirection.

Quote Originally Posted by Psigal View Post
    I think Betsy actually wants to born as male than female if you look at how she was described when she was child(like to play with sword and hate wearing dresses).

Maybe the next time she lose her body, she can create a male version of her body and become the first transgender character in Marvel? I think it can draw a lot of attention and increase her popularity.
    It won’t make her more popular, it’ll just bring out the bigots that were already mad that “woke” Marvel made her white again.

Quote Originally Posted by Psigal View Post
    Too late. Pretty sure the first "transgender" in such a manner would be Cloud, of the Defenders.

Don't know who he/she is?

Guess it didn't help in their popularity either.

Cloud, being "Transgender" before "Transgender" was in demand. By YEARS AND YEARS.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

All I have to say is that gender and sexuality are complicated. Even after years of us documenting its history and the changes in how we classify "gender" through various past and present societies we just know that humans are strange.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...