Page 4 of 110 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

*** Is this too harsh or direct?

Betsy has had many moments of self actualization. She has realized who she is and has come to terms with her situation a multitude of times:

After her body swap and adventures with Logan in Madripoor

Breaking out of Mojo/Spirals thrall

After Kwannon’s death

During the Sisterhood arc inner battle with herself

The time she had to destroy her original body in her mini series

And then the last one in the Hunt for Wolverine: Mystery in Madripoor mini where she creates her own body of what she actually sees herself as

She has this common theme of having these introspective moments where she comes out very confident and secure of who she is moving forward

My question is with all these moments that show her being confident and secure in who she is what made you want to go back to her being insecure, lost and unsure of herself? Is it because of her new role as Captain Britain?

The one thing I do want to applaud though is that this is the second time (first was Leah Williams) we get a female perspective of what Betsy has gone through.

How do you balance the story beats you want to pursue with the fans wanting to see the secure self-actualized Betsy we seem to be used to?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

Betsy has had many moments of self actualization. She has realized who she is and has come to terms with her situation a multitude of times:

After Kwannon’s death

And then the last one in the Hunt for Wolverine: Mystery in Madripoor mini where she creates her own body of what she actually sees herself as

She has this common theme of having these introspective moments where she comes out very confident and secure of who she is moving forward

My question is with all these moments that show her being confident and secure in who she is what made you want to go back to her being insecure, lost and unsure of herself? Is it because of her new role as Captain Britain?

The one thing I do want to applaud though is that this is the second time (first was Leah Williams) we get a female perspective of what Betsy has gone through.

How do you balance the story beats you want to pursue with the fans wanting to see the secure self-actualized Betsy we seem to be used to?
    you need to make it shorter to be answered.

Short and direct.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

After Kwannon’s death

You'd have to ask the writers. It seems every writer who's ever touched Betsy has the need to put her through the same journey of self-actualization you mention. And they all end the same - she finally accepts who she is, her place in the universe, and has a clear idea of where she's going... once and for all!!!

*Enter new writer* - Lather, rinse, repeat. Yawn.

As for the rest of your post, you list a bunch of references yourself, but are you asking for specific issue/page numbers?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    You'd have to ask the writers. It seems every writer who's ever touched Betsy has the need to put her through the same journey of self-actualization you mention. And they all end the same - she finally accepts who she is, her place in the universe, and has a clear idea of where she's going... once and for all!!!

*Enter new writer* - Lather, rinse, repeat. Yawn.

As for the rest of your post, you list a bunch of references yourself, but are you asking for specific issue/page numbers?
    Yeah this is for the AITP writer interview where they ask her questions.

And yes I did ask for references because some fans have that handy.

But anyways

Thanks Ferro

I’ll make it more short and direct.

BANNED

Yeah this is for the AITP writer interview where they ask her questions.

And yes I did ask for references because some fans have that handy.

But anyways

Thanks Ferro

I’ll make it more short and direct.
    yeah, but I think you already answered you'r own question :

"My question is with all these moments that show her being confident and secure in who she is what made you want to go back to her being insecure, lost and unsure of herself? Is it because of her new role as Captain Britain?"

They will probably say " yeah it's a new role bla bla bla".

Ask what makes this new path to realization/self confidence or arc difrent from the previous ones that she has had

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

New Year New Thread

I hate that she’s on the 4th page.

What would you guys like to see for our Betsy this year?

Attachment 104204 Attachment 104205 Attachment 104206

Ugh why do they come out so tiny.
    The middle pic is particularly striking. Betsy' costume to the far right pic I would love if she would go back to that but a cape and hood be added it would be awesome. The one on the far left Kwannon can take back/steal. Liked that one too.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 01-09-2021 at 08:24 PM.

What do you guys think about X-Men: Demon Days?

The character seems to be inspired by Psylocke. But her white skin, magenta hair and blue eyes seems to indicate this is a reference if British Betsy still plays her role as Psylocke

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    What do you guys think about X-Men: Demon Days?

The character seems to be inspired by Psylocke. But her white skin, magenta hair and blue eyes seems to indicate this is a reference if British Betsy still plays her role as Psylocke

my opinion: Peach momoko is pretty much taking the characters to their "basic aesthetics" and creating her own verse, there's a geisha Emma Frost on a preview even, so I predict this wont be betsy or kwannnon.

Just Psylocke:The psychic ninja that when you google her sometimes has volumous lavender hair and blue eyes, and those colours are way more apealing to a watercolor artist like Momoko.

Any Betsy friendships that we havent seen in awhile that you guys would like revisited and explored?

I miss the Logan/Betsy dynamic.

I would also like to see her with Sage and Dazzler.

Any Betsy friendships that we havent seen in awhile that you guys would like revisited and explored?

I miss the Logan/Betsy dynamic.

I would also like to see her with Sage and Dazzler.
    Jean. I liked where they were going in Disassembled but that was cut short with AOX

all of those...plus Storm, Kurt and Warren.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Mighty Member

Her and Logan. Her body is a direct result of an event about him.
    Have they had any moments since?

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Her and Logan. Her body is a direct result of an event about him.
    Have they had any moments since?
    yeah in X of Swords

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    yeah in X of Swords
    Telling Logan he’s a boor and to piss off wasn’t what I meant. They had no other interaction during that time. Shame. He’s always had a respect for her since holding her own against Sabretooth. Plus watching their friendship grow. They definitely need a buddy issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Telling Logan he’s a boor and to piss off wasn’t what I meant. They had no other interaction during that time. Shame. He’s always had a respect for her since holding her own against Sabretooth. Plus watching their friendship grow. They definitely need a buddy issue.
    then no. Betsy hasnt interacted with anyone outside of her Excalibur cast in the current era beyond what we saw in XOS