Page 56 of 110 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Psigal View Post
    For those people who is unhappy with Tini's Betsy, I am afraid I have a bad news for you that the current Betsy is not only the result of the below average writing by Tini on her character but also Marvel's decision on what route she is taking.

Instead of going Captain Marvel way(strong and powerful woman), Betsy is going to Disney's princess(vulnerable teenager magic girl) and Excalibur #19 has made the confirmation on it. Betsy mental age will drop from 3x to around 1x-2x.

Read #20 and decide whether you still want to follow this character. And I can assure you that even Betsy is given to other writers she will remain the same to attract teenager fans like Psycwave.

So, in the end, this is not just the writer's decision but also Marvel's marketing.
    Idk if y’all peeped Moana and Raya, but Disney princes are bad b*tches now (just like Betsy).

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Idk if y’all peeped Moana and Raya, but Disney princes are bad b*tches now (just like Betsy).
    Actually, I am a fan of Disney Princess movies since they became 3D and more action oriented and my favorite character is Elsa!

However, you can't just turn Betsy into one and ignore all previous years of development as it will destroy her character.

Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post
    Excuse you, strong and mature women are vulnerable too. Being a strong woman isn't all about physical strength and violence.

This is like a manifestation of all the negative energy in this thread since Betsy's rebranding. Y'all did this (y'all know who you are)

psycwave i'm dying
    The first Frozen movie has delivered Elsa's character so well that she is incredibly powerful and wise but also vulnerable at the same time like a true queen! (The movie is only ok for me but her character is just excellent!)

However, even I try to read Betsy as a completely new character, she isn't as wise and powerful as Elsa and also isn't as brave as Anna which is really lame...

Tini's Betsy has delivered nothing but a vulnerable teenager girl that has never succeed in doing anything in her entire life and that 100% isn't Betsy.

Psigal and Psycwave thanks for the laughs!!

Nobody ask me because I'm not super active on here - I usually just lurk and what not.

However, I will go ahead and throw my 2 cents in - as I'm sure I'm not one of the 2 Betsy fans that Psigal is talking about:

To start, I fall in the demographic of Betsy fans on this thread: I'm 31 y/o gay male. I will say that since Betsy's resurrection in Uncanny 455 - this is the era I'm least excited to read about her compared to other characters - BUT I'm still a fan and I'm still staying up to date with her.

If what you are saying is true - that Marvel is trying to brand Betsy in the Disney Princess/Princess Warrior trope. I would be all about that - if it were handled correctly. I think there is just a disconnect from the Betsy we had during the ResurreXion Era and what we have now.

In order to make Psylocke (Kwannon) and Captain Britain more distinct to the readers, we are getting an Elizabeth that was more whom she was before the X-men.

I just wish the art served the setting better. I think To is a great artist, but I think he's on the wrong title. I really liked Silva on this book.

(apologies if this post is all over the place...it's early)
    Last edited by PsionicHero; 03-31-2021 at 06:34 PM.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Ultimate Member

The problem with making Betsy different is that she already was, most of what made Betsy...well Betsy seems to have gone with Kwannon and Marvel seems intent on making Betsy into a mostly entirely new character for some reason...the new body thing got bungled BADLY...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    The problem with making Betsy different is that she already was, most of what made Betsy...well Betsy seems to have gone with Kwannon and Marvel seems intent on making Betsy into a mostly entirely new character for some reason...the new body thing got bungled BADLY...
    Agree.

Betsy seems like a empty shell. I see no reasons for even root for the character. She needs a new writer

I'd also have to agree. Love Kwannon but mostly bc she is the Betsy Ive been reading for the past few decades. Current Betsy is boring

Mighty Member

Betsy in this Excalibur is like X-men Gold’s Kitty. Unlikable. The main difference is that Kitty was the leader and was the only person written as smart and was the problem solver and here Betsy is the “leader” but comes off as completely clueless and useless.

I stopped reading Gold after 4 or 5 issues because Kitty was so awful. Here I keep hoping that Betsy will come around. Plus I’m actually a Betsy fan and not Kitty as she was written there.

I think the bouncing back and forth between determined to be CB, determined to get home (17) and then being a whiny brat (several issues through the series)and now not wanting to come home (19). If she was that determined that she wanted to be CB then wouldn’t she come back and prove that she deserves it? If you bring up because she failed, that’s not a great answer as she failed when she first took the mantle and still wanted now.

It’s one thing to be a strong character with insecurities, but it’s another to be a poorly written former strong woman and be just a mess from one issue to the next

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I'd also have to agree. Love Kwannon but mostly bc she is the Betsy Ive been reading for the past few decades. Current Betsy is boring
    what betsy were you reading that was like kwannon LOL?
    crimson dawn or "affected by kwannon" psylocke? betsy has always been a mess she has never been this cool and collected.

Kwannon is completly difrent from betsy and it feels like you are compounding apearence with writing and personality, because the fun loving, adrenaline junkie, enourmous mess that betsy has always been ISNT THE SAME AS KWANNON
    srs point me towards issues that are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    what betsy were you reading that was like kwannon LOL?
    crimson dawn or "affected by kwannon" psylocke? betsy has always been a mess she has never been this cool and collected
    Betsy from the 90s through MiM

BANNED

the same betsy that pretty much giggles by going trough a vent, cries over her messed up past and failures, flirts with cyclops, is so cocky she gets gutted by sabertooth?
    that betsy?
    Just say "ninja with ass to the front" and get over it

Can you maybe move on so you stop making this thread absolutly miserable?
    Right? I don't get the pleasure some people have in spilling their negativity here all the time.

For the downers here: Guess what people? You are totally free to give a break to the character or comics in general. I did it several times. Comics are cyclical, maybe one day you'll get what you want and you'll be able to be positive again. Although I have the impression you all thrive in negativity. It's okay to be critical, I'm not 100% fan of Betsy right now, but I try and see the good parts and hope to be positive.
    A picture would last longer darling...

BANNED

and another point, in those stories she was ALSO CANONICALY AFFECTED BY KWANNON'S PSYCHE, so like you are using a version of the character that was canonicaly not in her right state of personality

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post

yeah sure betsy's never been a mess, uh uh.

She's a character DEFINED by struggle, please read about her character before making comments like these.

and another point, in those stories she was ALSO CANONICALY AFFECTED BY KWANNON'S PSYCHE, so like you are using a version of the character that was canonicaly not in her right state of personality
    Only from 1991-1994 when Kwannon died and Betsy recieved psychic treatment to rectify that. To my knowledge Excalibur nor any of the other books have stated that Kwannon had any influence on her since. Not that it matters as my opinion doesnt change. The current Betsy is boring to me. Most of the things I loved about her have been stripped and she reads like a new character. Had I not known about the recent developments and came into the books now, I would have thought she was an AU creation

BANNED

Only from 1991-1994 when Kwannon died and Betsy recieved psychic treatment to rectify that. To my knowledge Excalibur nor any of the other books have stated that Kwannon had any influence on her since. Not that it matters as my opinion doesnt change. The current Betsy is boring to me. Most of the things I loved about her have been stripped and she reads like a new character. Had I not known about the recent developments and came into the books now, I would have thought she was an AU creation
    and then she continued to be betsy, wich is miles beyond what kwannon is and that's a fact!
    Kwannon is a no business woman, betsy calls herself bruce willies as she goes trough a vent and mocks the shadow king in the astral plane
    Just say "oh shes no longer a sexy edgy ninja" and move on but don't spit misimformation that it's blantantly wrong whem their characterizations are only closer when shes affected by kwannon herself or the crimsondawn bullshit.
    your opinion is your opinion, but id love if you could just say that what is missing is the body!

and a purple haired captain brittain isnt that suprising for ... ya know people that actualy know about betsy braddocks character?
    Last edited by Ferro; 03-26-2021 at 09:25 AM.