Page 72 of 110 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1644

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I think we are stuck with Tini till the end of the Hickman era. He seems to be her mentor so she won't be off the title any time soon.

A team shuffle would be good though. Jubilee and Gambit don't do anything and Rictor was better off before he got into his D&D phase.
    I am going to give Betsy's fans the 'real' reason for all decision on Betsy in this era. While Betsy represents UK, US and the West, Kwannon represents China. The relationship between the two woman will be just the same like in the real world starting from this point and starts to go downhill in the second half of Krakoa era. The body swap issue is like a reflection when the West moved their industry and factories to China and starting using their labour and resources for production decades ago. Right now, China is strongest than ever with the technology and money from the West. And the reason Kwannon is being so well built currently is because they are making her to become one of the main 'boss/villain' by the end of this era along with Mister Sinister. (Kwannon is probably a Japanese but her name is from a Chinese goddess. However, implication like this doesn't need to be 100% accurate as 'The Hand' is a global organization from the East.)

Betsy will continue to rebuild/restore herself in this era and Excalibur should have 40 to 50 issues by the end of it. There is no need to worry that she will be herself once again and get back her 'Psylocke' title and 'Butterfly' signature(I think she got 'small' butterflies now in the Gala outfit) but you just have to wait. Also, decision like this is beyond Tini's control.

Krakoa is a 'dream' to break dreams. Even with all X-Men's power combined and they are like invincible right now, I think it is quite clear to see how Krakoa will fall. The first reason is Xavier and the Quiet Council will become dictatorship. It is funny that Xavier basically told Malice 'follow me or die' in Excalibur #20. The second reason is Krakoa will be destroyed within inside as 'evil always hide' and you can't trust all the bad guys will be turned. Current Kwannon is affected by Betsy's personality and they gave her a 'soft good' background to misdirect you. But once her true nature comes back, I am sure she will start to do 'bad' things again. Hellions is the villain team and they are winning right now(from reader's perspective and popularity) while Excalibur is the hero team and they are suffering(but should eventually shines at the end). Krakoa will end in less than 4 years before 'something happen again' as an influence just like what they will do it in real life to 'turn' people.

I know most of you are just reading comic books but everything is about influence especially from US. Maybe one day(not long, just several years) if you find I am accurate, you will start to question about the 'real' world? Lol.

(Not interest in current Betsy and this is going to be my last post on this forum for a while. But I will tell you one more thing as Betsy's main story is about body swap. Cloning an empty body and transfer the consciousness/soul back is not just a fantasy but science! You would probably find it is even harder to believe but it is possible. In the movie 'Avatar', a human can transfer his consciousness to an alien body and live on, so does an alien can transfer the consciousness to a human body. So, do you believe all the human on earth are natural born human? Lol.)

Quote Originally Posted by Psigal View Post
    I am going to give Betsy's fans the 'real' reason for all decision on Betsy in this era. While Betsy represents UK, US and the West, Kwannon represents China. The relationship between the two woman will be just the same like in the real world starting from this point and starts to go downhill in the second half of Krakoa era. The body swap issue is like a reflection when the West moved their industry and factories to China and starting using their labour and resources for production decades ago. Right now, China is strongest than ever with the technology and money from the West. And the reason Kwannon is being so well built currently is because they are making her to become one of the main 'boss/villain' by the end of this era along with Mister Sinister. (Kwannon is probably a Japanese but her name is from a Chinese goddess. However, implication like this doesn't need to be 100% accurate as 'The Hand' is a global organization from the East.)

Betsy will continue to rebuild/restore herself in this era and Excalibur should have 40 to 50 issues by the end of it. There is no need to worry that she will be herself once again and get back her 'Psylocke' title and 'Butterfly' signature(I think she got 'small' butterflies now in the Gala outfit) but you just have to wait. Also, decision like this is beyond Tini's control.

Krakoa is a 'dream' to break dreams. Even with all X-Men's power combined and they are like invincible right now, I think it is quite clear to see how Krakoa will fall. The first reason is Xavier and the Quiet Council will become dictatorship. It is funny that Xavier basically told Malice 'follow me or die' in Excalibur #20. The second reason is Krakoa will be destroyed within inside as 'evil always hide' and you can't trust all the bad guys will be turned. Current Kwannon is affected by Betsy's personality and they gave her a 'soft good' background to misdirect you. But once her true nature comes back, I am sure she will start to do 'bad' things again. Hellions is the villain team and they are winning right now(from reader's perspective and popularity) while Excalibur is the hero team and they are suffering(but should eventually shines at the end). Krakoa will end in less than 4 years before 'something happen again' as an influence just like what they will do it in real life to 'turn' people.

I know most of you are just reading comic books but everything is about influence especially from US. Maybe one day(not long, just several years) if you find I am accurate, you will start to question about the 'real' world? Lol.

(Not interest in current Betsy and this is going to be my last post on this forum for a while. But I will tell you one more thing as Betsy's main story is about body swap. Cloning an empty body and transfer the consciousness/soul back is not just a fantasy but science! You would probably find it is even harder to believe but it is possible. In the movie 'Avatar', a human can transfer his consciousness to an alien body and live on, so does an alien can transfer the consciousness to a human body. So, do you believe all the human on earth are natural born human? Lol.)
    Kwannon is Japanese, her name comes from the Japanese goddess of Harmony. She has zero Chinese relation and if you want to avoid a international incident, I would avoid making the suggestion of a Chinese/Japanese relationship.

BANNED

There is absolutely no evidence to backup anything you said. Krakoa, I believe will remain, because Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngers has conceptually failed and the X-Men cannot succeed at the box office as the mutant Avengers. They need very different concepts, which is why Hickman was allowed to dona soft reboot of the X-Men.

Hi-res and untagged versions

Was not a fan of this initially but it looks good here

Extraordinary Member

Damn that costumes looks really good here.I doubt it will in the actual comic though.But the covers are great

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's not an official costume. It's her Hell-Fire Gala couture look...to be featured and worn for all of one night.

I'm not a fan of DnA's art at all but...that Betsy is FIYAH!!!
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post

She looks like an anime character, and an underage one at that...

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    Kwannon is Japanese, her name comes from the Japanese goddess of Harmony. She has zero Chinese relation and if you want to avoid a international incident, I would avoid making the suggestion of a Chinese/Japanese relationship.
    Yeah, treating these two countries as interchangeable is very triggering for China. Though before the Kwannon retcon Asian Betsy was probably supposed to be faux-Chinese.
    Last edited by Psy-lock; 05-11-2021 at 02:11 AM.

Not a fan this look but I will admit, I like it here.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Fantastic. Can’t wait for this to begin.

I really like this. I feel like Betsy finally looks like Betsy here on this cover. She hasn't looked like herself for a while now.

Amazing Member

Wasn’t Betsy’s original power when introduced was as a Precog before the addition of Telepathy + Telekinesis. Do you think we will see a return of that ability with her living on Krakoa, and if so will she be killed or removed from the island ?
    Last edited by Leo; 05-19-2021 at 05:36 PM.

Incredible Member

My eyes bleed

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    My eyes bleed
    Why did you even bother to read that...that...I don't even know what the hell that is?
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Why did you even bother to read that...that...I don't even know what the hell that is?
    I must confess I hardly made past the first paragraph. I basically ran my eyes trough the rest of the text looking for any sign of irony or sarcasm that could somehow make me less chocked with those opening insights