Page 83 of 110 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1644

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I wish another more talented writer had the chance to write Betsy as Captain Britain before people started to declare her new super hero identity a failure.
    This all day.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Betsy not being called Psylocke anymore has nothing to do with Marvel thinking people hated her codename
    Never said that people hated the name, only that it got lumped into everything that Marvel and some fans thought was wrong with Betsy in the Asian body...

Astonishing Member

I wish another more talented writer had the chance to write Betsy as Captain Britain before people started to declare her new super hero identity a failure.
    Same. Betsy becoming Captain Britain especially in the backdrop of Krakao and mutants creating their own nation was just rife with story potential but I feel Tini really squandered it. Betsy should be a central figure during this era her presence should be FELT. Honestly outside of X of swords Betsy just feels like such a background character. Like 22 issues in and I'm still not sure what bring CB even does for Betsy's character and that's completely Tini's fault.

Betsy feels more and more like a spin-off character. Being CB won't do her any favors because it's not even a respectable title, let alone an important one. CB was even treated as a joke by some US writers.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    IDK you guys. I've tried giving TH the benefit of the doubt but I'm just finding that I dont like the way she writes Betsy. I don't think she has the characters voice down.

Even when she is talking to the Blightspoke rep it just comes off a fake and forced to me. IMO.
    She talks too much and is always reminding you she’s Captain Britain. It’s like…we know girl lol.

Agree. Honestly wish it was one of the Brits: Al Ewing or Si Spurrier. But Zeb Wells would have been awesome as well.

Curious about how Duggan would write her though.

My dream is for Mike Carey or Al Ewing to write her.

Come on universe.

Putting that energy out there.

Manifest hat and attracting what I want fo her.

Howard shook it up with this issue! I screamed at the resurrections this week and I can’t wait to see how Betsy reacts.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Howard shook it up with this issue! I screamed at the resurrections this week and I can’t wait to see how Betsy reacts.
    Yes!! I died and resurrected too.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Ultimate Member

I wouldn't say that it's automatic that she'd be overjoyed, she could be yeah but it was decades ago so it's not an automatic thing...

I could see her being very overwhelmed at the least. She was linked to him when he died and after going so long without him for him to be back all of a sudden? It's very exciting.

It'll also be interesting to see what Pete does with this version of S.T.R.I.K.E. versus the version that exists and is helping Orchis. If this gives us a few more Captain Betsy stealth missions I'm all for it. Howard is bringing a lot of old lore back to play with in this new era. All I need is a Vixen revival and I'll weep tears of joy.

I could see her being very overwhelmed at the least. She was linked to him when he died and after going so long without him for him to be back all of a sudden? It's very exciting.

It'll also be interesting to see what Pete does with this version of S.T.R.I.K.E. versus the version that exists and is helping Orchis. If this gives us a few more Captain Betsy stealth missions I'm all for it. Howard is bringing a lot of old lore back to play with in this new era. All I need is a Vixen revival and I'll weep tears of joy.
    Vixen, wow!!
    Betsy has such a rich history when it comes to her time before the X-Men, so I'm glad this is all returning but in the modern era.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Ultimate Member

Well this new Betsy isn't exactly situated for stealth missions imho...

The reveals were indeed great. Eager to see how she reacts to it next issue.

I liked Betsy's attitude better here but I still find her voice weird. Her dynamics with Saturnyne is glorious though. I wish we got a new costume. She really does not scream Betsy to me at all in this armor.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well this new Betsy isn't exactly situated for stealth missions imho...
    She’s already been on one.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    The reveals were indeed great. Eager to see how she reacts to it next issue.

I liked Betsy's attitude better here but I still find her voice weird. Her dynamics with Saturnyne is glorious though. I wish we got a new costume. She really does not scream Betsy to me at all in this armor.
    Howard writes them like they’re dnd characters rather than x-men in a dnd world so it gets kind of stilted, imo. She’s getting better though and when she gets it right it’s nice. One thing I think she does well is bounce Betsy off of characters with strong personalities. Saturnyne, Apocalypse, Kwannon, even the brief Isca moment before the sabotage. She doesn’t back down from them.