Page 86 of 110 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1644
    Ultimate Member

Partially because some stated over and over again that going back to her British self would make everything great and push Betsy to new heights...neither of which has happened, not even close...

So apparently someone is not Marvel exclusive anymore.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Newsarama...894193154?s=19

Captain Carter in What If..? is more like how I’d like to see Betsy written - The instant she gets juiced she just straight away heads off to kick the absolute balls out of Nazis. That is, to me, like the Betsy who took on Sabertooth in a nightie and killed Magneto for being a jerk. Also, she should be an absolute tank now with flight and super strength on top of her standard psychic whammy and we’ve not really seen her knock some fools around like skittles yet.

Cheers to a new era, sisters! May it bring us back together again!

Also, Betsy and Kwannon get their own spotlight in this article discussing the paradox and comments from Howard and Wells!

https://ew.com/books/x-men-comics-wr...ts-house-of-x/

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Cheers to a new era, sisters! May it bring us back together again!
    One can only hope! I hope we get C.F. Villa on Excalibur after the what I’m assuming is the impending shakeup.

All im going to say is that excited about the January relaunch BUT i'm bummed that Hickman isnt Head of X anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    One can only hope! I hope we get C.F. Villa on Excalibur after the what I’m assuming is the impending shakeup.
    Villa would be NICE. I'm personally hoping for Ram V just because he hasn't let me down yet and the stuff he's done with Justice League Dark lets me know he knows magic very well.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    All im going to say is that excited about the January relaunch BUT i'm bummed that Hickman isnt Head of X anymore.
    I like that he was still such a big part in setting up whatever is coming in the future. I feel like whoever the new writers are have been working with him in secret and want the Krakoan era to continue to be additive and strong. Let's pray that Ewing takes the position as Head of X or someone with as much agency as him.

I found my Betsy wig for my Halloween costume
    F4163593-9101-4638-9598-A163355869F3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I feel the same way.

What so you guys hope happens to Betsy going forward? New mantle? New costume? New book? Wht artists and writers would you like to “have” her?

I hope she gets a new costume. Maybe a new mantle. I would also love if Wells got to write her with Kwannon. And Dautermann or Silva drawing her would be a dream! I like her in Excalibur but make it weirder Marvel!
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I found my Betsy wig for my Halloween costume
    F4163593-9101-4638-9598-A163355869F3.jpg
    It looks fabulous.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I feel the same way.

What so you guys hope happens to Betsy going forward? New mantle? New costume? New book? Wht artists and writers would you like to “have” her?

I hope she gets a new costume. Maybe a new mantle. I would also love if Wells got to write her with Kwannon. And Dautermann or Silva drawing her would be a dream! I like her in Excalibur but make it weirder Marvel!
    I don’t want her to get a new mantle they just need to commit to the Captain Britain mantle. They need to get a writer who has a real story to tell and is interested in Betsy’s character. Here’s hoping said writer exists. I really don’t care to see her with Kwannon again anytime soon. Kwannon is doing fine on her own, now Betsy needs to get
    her groove back.

Some great art.
    http://psylocke-butterfly.blogspot.c...ckone.html?m=1
    http://psylocke-butterfly.blogspot.c...omina.html?m=1
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E9FLAxlX...jpg&name=large
    Last edited by Psyknight; 08-18-2021 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Tini just brought back some very deep-cut character from the Alan Moore days of Captain Britain. I think is safe to assume that she has a deep fondness for the Captain Britain mythos.

Anyway, I think Excalibur has been great since the XoS prelude issues, and this is coming from somebody who really didn’t care for the first ten or so issues of the series. I think it’s very much found it’s groove, people just want the book to be something it’s not.
    It’s gotten better, but not great IMO. I’ve given her the benefit of the doubt for two years, and still supported the book and her despite being underwhelmed by much of it. Also we’ll see how well she handles the characters. I’m very excited to see the S.T.R.I.K.E. Psi-division back. Especially since wasn’t one a pre-cog, or am I just misremembering it? I haven’t read those issues in a long time.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 08-19-2021 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Captain Carter in What If..? is more like how I’d like to see Betsy written - The instant she gets juiced she just straight away heads off to kick the absolute balls out of Nazis. That is, to me, like the Betsy who took on Sabertooth in a nightie and killed Magneto for being a jerk. Also, she should be an absolute tank now with flight and super strength on top of her standard psychic whammy and we’ve not really seen her knock some fools around like skittles yet.
    Captain Carter made me yearn so badly.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comic-w...ember-2021/amp
    So are there any thoughts on what the desperate choice that will reshape the realm-and mutantkind-forever will be?

BANNED

Well, the arc is building towards her fighting King Arthur and Merlín’s forces and upcoming solicitations confirm that. Finally, we get to see Captain Britain in serious action.

Maybe one day we can see Captain Carter as a member of the Captain Britain corps now that there is an omniverse.

http://psylocke-butterfly.blogspot.c...easer.html?m=1

Excalibur 23 teaser with what look like butterflies, but on closer inspection are probably pixies or fairies. I was really excited for a minute. They’re lovely either way. Jubilee’s reaction to them is cute. Is she finally going to do something? Betsy looks amused.