Page 88 of 110 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1644
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PoP View Post
    the artist did such a good job on kwannon and betsy's faces. i love the hair and color choices too.

https://www.instagram.com/pretty.cool.huh/
    That look for Betsy almost makes me except Austin Powers to show up as it looks like it's from the 60's or 70's...with the hairstyle added in...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I don't want her to be CB in the MCU.
    They would not have much so much effort into making Betsy Captain Britain and Kwannon
    Psylocke if this was not going to carry over to the MCU. Betsy as a white woman in an Asian body does not work in 21st century politics.

Ultimate Member

Or in the MCU they could have just had Betsy have an Asian mother or a mother of Asian background and they'd be fine...

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    They would not have much so much effort into making Betsy Captain Britain and Kwannon
    Psylocke if this was not going to carry over to the MCU. Betsy as a white woman in an Asian body does not work in 21st century politics.
    No one’s asking for a white woman in an Asian woman's body. Betsy can be white Psylocke just as well (or biracial from birth).

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Reading Uncanny 213 at work, is this the first time Betsy takes on the Psylocke moniker? I’m trying to remember anything she’d been in pre this issue, and can’t remember if this was the first time or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Reading Uncanny 213 at work, is this the first time Betsy takes on the Psylocke moniker? I’m trying to remember anything she’d been in pre this issue, and can’t remember if this was the first time or not.
    I may be mistaken but the first time should be when she was given artificial eyes with mojo, spiral and the new mutants.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

For the MCU I would also just combine Betsy and Kwannon into one character from the get-go and have her potentially be bi-racial or British of Asian descent and have her codename be Psylocke. Just to try to combine the best of both worlds and give fans a version of the character they are familiar with. But it'll be interesting to see what route they decide to take when Betsy finally gets her next live-action adaptation.

I, for once, want both Betsy and Kwannon in the MCU. Betsy dealing with all the Otherworld and British mythos, and Kwannon digging deep in the Hand and Japanese mythos.
    A picture would last longer darling...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I, for once, want both Betsy and Kwannon in the MCU. Betsy dealing with all the Otherworld and British mythos, and Kwannon digging deep in the Hand and Japanese mythos.
    That’s what they will do. Biracial is a cop out in this case. Elizabeth and Kwannon are two separate women with very different pasts and origins. Spiral, the Hand, and the Mandarin merged them without their consent but that merger is undone.

Activists who would complain about this matter will be watching movies, so MCU will have separate Kwannon and Elizabeth.

Too be honest don't really see why this needs such a head scratcher. Psylocke was Betsy's name, not Kwannon's. I get that it's heavily linked to the psychic ninja persona, but it wasn't always like.

Besides who really cares about Kwannon as a character? She wasn't popular before the whole body swap, and doesn't have any really history in the marvel universe. Not sure I understand why she's popular now!

Seems like Betsy should have retained the Psylocke moniker and Kwannon, Revanche. That way you have a clear separation and Kwannon can move on without the baggage of the Psylocke name.

I don't think there's a place for the two of them in the MCU, unless they radically change one of them. What we have now is essentially one character split in two.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I'd like to see both of them. Origins re-worked, of course, but if they use the Hand Kwannon could easily be one of its lieutenants/assassins while Betsy is introduced via the X-Men or Marvel UK. I still don't like Kwannon using the Psylocke codename, she should've gone back to Revanche or been given something new but it is what it is at this point. They could've at least thrown in some in-story explanation for her wanting to use it, like considering it an easier way to integrate into the "X-Men" by leveraging their familiarity with her body using that name.

I would want both Betsy and Kwannon to be introduced into the MCU. Fans arent that stupid. And the ones that complain choose to overcomplicate it when its quite simple.

There shared a body. Now they don't. They will always have a connection but now they are two individuals figuring themselves out.

I'd rather them just mention it like that if they DO get introduced into the MCU.

I think Betsy absolutely ends up as Captain Britain in the MCU. Her trajectory since the relaunch reminds me a lot of Carol Danvers. It’s a brand and they’ve made it her’s.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I think Betsy absolutely ends up as Captain Britain in the MCU. Her trajectory since the relaunch reminds me a lot of Carol Danvers. It’s a brand and they’ve made it her’s.
    Which means she'll be almost completely removed from the X-Men and 90% of her stories. Carol was a derivative character to begin with, so becoming Captain Marvel was an upgrade for her (not to mention that Marvel actually put an effort into pushing her). But Betsy had her own identity and she was far more popular than her brother. Captain Britain is really not that prestigious of a title.