Page 96 of 110 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1644
    Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reiko View Post
    this serving as the Excalibur #25 thread?
    It looks that way.
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Reiko View Post
    this serving as the Excalibur #25 thread?
    LOL, it's almost as if people don't need a synopsis of the issue that they've all read to discuss it.

All-New Member

Are... are we reading the same book? Because to me Betsy is a colonialist bully and every issue further cements exactly why she *shouldn’t* be Captain Britain. Just look at that monologue compared to Arthur’s dialogue! She’s the sort of thing the X-Men used to fight, except now that’s a good thing because...?

#KingArthurDidNothingWrong
    Last edited by DuelaDent52; 11-11-2021 at 06:11 AM.

Queen.

(I got direct permission from a mod to post these)

Quote Originally Posted by DuelaDent52 View Post
    Are... are we reading the same book? Because to me Betsy is a colonialist bully and every issue further cements exactly why she *shouldn’t* be Captain Britain. Just look at that monologue compared to Arthur’s dialogue! She’s the sort of thing the X-Men used to fight, except now that’s a good thing because...?

Arthur is currently magically possessed by Merlyn and is spouting anti-mutant hate. He's lucky he was only slapped around.
    Last edited by JB; 11-11-2021 at 02:09 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by DuelaDent52 View Post

Didn't Arthur give a monologue about his son was garbage because he was born a mutant?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Didn't Arthur give a monologue about his son was garbage because he was born a mutant?
    honestly the mordred being a mutant thing just feels forced in so that merlyn and arthur are racist and the mutants are the clear heroes. its kind of lazy way to handle them.

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    honestly the mordred being a mutant thing just feels forced in so that merlyn and arthur are racist and the mutants are the clear heroes. its kind of lazy way to handle them.
    Merlyn hates mutants and wants to de-thrown Saturnyne because she allowed a "witchbreed" to be Captain Britain.
    Once Arthur is no longer in his control I have a feeling Arthur won't be feeling this way about mutants.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Merlyn hates mutants and wants to de-thrown Saturnyne because she allowed a "witchbreed" to be Captain Britain.
    Once Arthur is no longer in his control I have a feeling Arthur won't be feeling this way about mutants.
    but why does merlyn hate mutants all of a sudden, he didn't seem to mind them when he orchestrated the creation of the original excalibur team.
    his dislike of betsy in the role isn't unwarranted. he's the one supposed to give the test to decide whos captain britain, and she didn't take it, and with mutants specifically from her own universe taking over 4 different kingdoms of otherworld and betsy not really doing anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    but why does merlyn hate mutants all of a sudden, he didn't seem to mind them when he orchestrated the creation of the original excalibur team.
    his dislike of betsy in the role isn't unwarranted. he's the one supposed to give the test to decide whos captain britain, and she didn't take it, and with mutants specifically from her own universe taking over 4 different kingdoms of otherworld and betsy not really doing anything about it.
    Maybe we'll learn why when Sat explains to Betsy how she got the Citadel from him. But I think he's just using the hate as an excuse to regain power. And I believe Merlin and Merlyn are different characters kinda.
    From Marvel wiki:
    "The name Merlin refers to many beings across the Omniverse. It primarily refers to Merlyn of Otherworld, a gestalt entity made up of each reality's Merlin. His powers of illusion and his deceitful nature make it difficult to separate his actions as an omniversal chess player from those of his less manipulative seeming counterparts who each aided a King Arthur and empowered a member of the Captain Britain Corps."

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I don't think it was "all of a sudden". I might be wrong but I believe his hatred was sparked way back in the original Excalibur run. I seem to recall he wasn't as benevolent as he pretended to be. Even Roma knew her father wasn't a "good" man.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I don't think it was "all of a sudden". I might be wrong but I believe his hatred was sparked way back in the original Excalibur run. I seem to recall he wasn't as benevolent as he pretended to be. Even Roma knew her father wasn't a "good" man.
    Very true about Roma and how she felt about him. Perhaps we'll learn more about his motivations next issue.

In any case, this was a great showing for Betsy imo. It was great to see her with old friends again and I thought the exchange with Tom was very sweet.

I'm down for her joining S.T.R.I.K.E. if she loses the CB title.

Incredible Member

merlyn's whole thing is that he sets plans in motion for future events, disappears, then returns when his plans come to fruition. his daughter doesn't like it because she thinks he abandons people to do his dirty work, which i agree makes him a jerk.

this story could be one of those plans, but with how the betsy talks to arthur here i'm just not sure. she threatens to put him down if he try's this again, but this scene is undercut and a little pointless if he's not in control of himself.

BANNED

He threatened to kill Excalibur at one point, but Roma stood in his way and stopped him.

So yeah Merlín is terrible.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

There you go.

Even now he's showing his true colours, by manipulating Arthur into doing his dirty work while he attempts to take the Starlight Citadel from Saturnine.

I'd be down for a S.T.R.I.K.E. team going forward as well...though I don't think she'll be losing or giving up the CB title, any time soon.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Betsy was excellent in Excalibur #25. Probably her best for the past 2 years.
    Ironically, her best moments were when she's not in Captain Britain Suit (Queen Betsy and this issue of Excalibur).

I don't see her losing the Captain Britain title soon. But I'd love her also to be in the ground with STRIKE as Agent Betsy, working closely with the X-Men (krakoans) and the rest of the MCU.